RPGM Abandoned Sacrificial Artifact [v0.18] [Autuus]

Reapergod36

Jun 23, 2017
Okay so I got to the point where you're in the market and have to either collect taxes or see a man in the middle of the island. After talking to both of them I can conclude that this game runs into a few issues. The creators place far too much purchase in their humor. To state it plainly, a lot of the humor is simply not funny to me. The dialog goes on and on just to go for these little in-jokes and this annoying book character.

Secondly, the game seems reluctant to let you do anything before the main character directly knows what to do. You cannot go into buildings unless you have a reason, taking away player choice. You cannot go into a dangerous area with wolves with 1hp, once again, taking away player choice. I was surprised when even losing to the wolves several times on purpose did not yield any scene with them other than kicking them away. I felt like I was being baited with no real point.

Third, the combat in itself is average, easily could be made more interesting with enemies having at least one different attack.

Fourth and finally, there is a lot of go here gather five things that the game wouldn't let you gather before. I.e. You will not be able to complete the task before you're given it expressly by the quest giver and they will talk your ear off before they give you the quest location; if you wonder why I harp on the dialog so much, I tried reading through it and I tried skipping through it. Both activities are rather unsightly as skipping takes ages, and reading the dialog tends to leave me more rolling my eyes at the cheap joke here and there.

I sincerely hope this helps you in the development of your game, best of luck.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Well looks like this is pretty much dead might as well free up your HD as work on it is now stopped.:'(

Hello everybody! Sorry I have to tell you the bad news. At the moment, work on the project is stopped. Looking at the result of the last update, the artist and I decided to discuss a further action plan but did not reach a mutual agreement.
As a result, we came to the conclusion that we simply can not work together. Also, the artist at the moment other goals in priority, so I could not have him anything else to interest.

Thank you, for your support! It hurt me to report this and I tried my best to come up with something for the life of the project, but alas!

It did not help.

I will not delete the page of the patron, since I have many ideas, and sooner or later I will again develop games for adults. But I beg you, do not subscribe - the page will be dead.

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Aw bummer. I haven't even played the last update yet. Wanted to wait for more content. So much for that. :frown:

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
workstop

You'll probably will be waiting for awhile for a save as the game is abandoned. It's not really too hard and you mostly have to fail to get the scenes. If all else fails just use the RPGMsaveedit found on here to edit a save file or use saveeditonline.

It also looks like they deleted everything from the patreon now so there is pretty much no chance of this ever coming back now.

Reactions: ddf
D

Deleted member 2375082

Anyone have a scene guide?
You need to lose a bunch of times 5-10 to start seeing the actual scenes. Best way I found to do that is:
  • Buy mana potions from the item shop (3 should be enough, 75 G each. Found in the item shop on the right in the village) so you can heal back up and re-enter zones with enemies.
  • Unequip everything so you can spam attack (hold spacebar) and quickly lose.
Here's the complete wolf scene for reference:

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
dindonditch

You do realize that post you responded to is over 4 years old right?

Your character will not die when fighting normal enemies so healing up is pointless just lose and you'll be at 1 hp then just keep going to the enemy to lose and eventually the event will happen. You can also get a event scene at the start if you let her get caught by the thing that is chasing her and another one when fighting the ogre.

D

Deleted member 2375082

dindonditch
You do realize that post you responded to is over 4 years old right?
Yes, thanks?

dindonditch
Your character will not die when fighting normal enemies so healing up is pointless just lose and you'll be at 1 hp then just keep going to the enemy to lose and eventually the event will happen.
No, Alice says she needs healing if you try to enter the cave with the wolves with less than 400 hp.

Since you know where the scenes are better than me, wouldn't it have been nicer of you to point them out to the guy asking (and anyone who might later want to know the answer) instead of getting snippy with me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: str8up