1.50 star(s) 2 Votes

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
I imagine Dungeon involved a lot of extra work compared to your average Sakura visual novel. Being twice as expensive as other Sakura games I can't imagine it sold a lot compared to their horde of short samey VNs, so I'm guessing they simply decided it's more profitable to simply release a bite-sized VN every couple of months.
Probably, but they're still selling these things at like 10 bucks a pop, which they (from the few I played, years ago) aren't worth.
After all, these things are not cheap for what they offer, so then Dungeon clearly offered way more than double the content of most of these bite-sized chunks of VN.

Not to mention it offered closure. It was at least a full game.
Nothing ground breaking, but fun enough nonetheless.

I think it was something like Sakura Fantasy or something I played after Dungeon and it ended nowhere in no time at all.

Oh well, at least this one is clearly not 'implicitly censored, by direction' :sneaky:

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
"Ayu invites him on a vacation to her private beach house in Okinawa, and Hiroki is happy to 'refuse'."
Either a typo or it's referencing the imprisonment in succubus realm ?
it means he really would like to be as far as away from the tarts as possible.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Sakura Dungeon is the closest to an actual "game" they have with it's unlocks and secrets and is reminiscent of the Lightning Warrior Raidy series and, like that series, is largely lesbian focused so if you're not into girl-on-girl unfortunately you probably wouldn't enjoy it.
I know it's a bit offtopic but, I guess we will never have another Raidy game.

I mean it's even more unlikely to get Raidy 4 than to get Sakura Dungeon 2 .

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
This overview is like the epitome of weeb wish fulfillment lol. CGs look pretty good though.

orlmente

Mar 12, 2018
I think it was something like Sakura Fantasy or something I played after Dungeon and it ended nowhere in no time at all.
Funny, apart from Dungeon, Fantasy is the only game in the, uh, "series" that I thought had some potential and despite being short it ended in a good place for the first chapter it was supposed to be.

...and all these years later, it's still one of the few Sakura titles that never got a sequel. I still can't wrap my head around that.

Armelle69

Dec 2, 2018
Is there any actual public exhibitionism ?
According to the pictures, it doesn't seem it's the case, at all...

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
Funny, apart from Dungeon, Fantasy is the only game in the, uh, "series" that I thought had some potential and despite being short it ended in a good place for the first chapter it was supposed to be.

...and all these years later, it's still one of the few Sakura titles that never got a sequel. I still can't wrap my head around that.
Ending a 'first chapter' in 'a good place' is still ending nowhere at all ya know. It's like watching the pilot for a TV series that gets cancelled right after. Or gets a few episodes & gets canned.

A first episode is usually meant to get you invested into the characters, lore and all that. If that just goes nowhere, well ... you get Firefly. :unsure:

Ricz1990

Apr 6, 2019
For me, I keep track of the Sakura "series" ever since the Spirit, the first one. It's a fair enough one which doesn't want much, haven't got anything extra, yet it delivers. The next title that I enjoyed was Sakura Dungeon, and that says a lot. All the others are just cash grabs, and I haven't mentioned the Sakura Clicker yet, which is -oh boy- a true manifestation of everything that the definition of cesspool stands for.

1.50 star(s) 2 Votes