imercenary95

Jul 19, 2017
I don't even need to look at the CGs to know this is just more Sakura shovelware. They weren't good games, but I miss the days when they put out stuff like Sakura Dungeon.

Demokaze

Jul 15, 2017
Didn't this company have a sakura entry with actual gameplay, one with a labyrinth? Now they shit out low effort visual novels like activision shits out call of duties.

Oct 2, 2018
Obviously the company learned horny people are easy to manipulate as long as you have some lewd things in said "game" I liked the art and the novel was getting interesting in the second half but that cliff hanger felt like a nail to a coffin with the "Second part coming soon" (or is it...) Obviously I want to see what happens next so I hopefully can wait for that. But overall it felt rather tame and watered down than what it could have been...

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
He's probably talking about a lot of typos and grammatical errors in this series. not about Tropes and story setting.
Actually, I saw "Most of" incorrectly written as "Most've" while playing this. I've also seen a couple of errors that "Breach of" is wrongly written as "Breech of." And there are more cases, well...

+ actually their tropes and setting are "meh" too at the most time.
No no,I was primarily talking about their writing in the creative sense(though yes,I do agree they dont seem to employ an editor).

It's softcore, and we know that what writing is there won't be bad.

If people will buy indies like Ori and the Blind Forest, of course someone will buy this.

If people will buy games that gives them the most amazingly beautiful wife material and tell them 1) they have a soggy toothpick for a dick and 2) to watch as she's fucked into betraying them, of course there will be a market for this.

I mean, at least I know the girls are facing me and not some faceless asshole bastard while they're making those cute faces.
Ori being very well executed(both narratively and gamedesign wise)and the Sakura titles being what exactly?
A 1$ gas station hot dog?
Really,outside of completely boiling it down to the concept of "indie" they have nothing in common(and I say that as someone who absolutely didnt care about Ori).

Anyway,main point being even on the western market there are so many better alternatives(even if you restrict it to the slice-of-life moege that Winged Cloud keeps pulling most of the time)and there have been long before the series´s inception.
I understand why it did well in the beginning,being one of the first big VN(if you even want to categorize it as that)releases on Steam but how the hell do they keep afloat these days?
One would assume even the unwashed masses would get tired of the same schlock again and again.
Hell,even on Steam there are better alternatives.
I have no ill will towards Winged Cloud(at last I dont remember them pulling any shit)but man,I seriously wonder how they keep going.
Kinda want to know their sales and budget numbers now.

21dsd

Oct 31, 2017
Brother,can u guys tell me r the sex scene animated or not?
Tnx in advance

Apr 24, 2018
goddamnit their art is always soo good but everything else is mediocre at best. I wish they would start doing some real hardcore stuff, its not like there isn't a market for it. It would be wild to see what this artist would do if they worked on a project with a team like CLOCKUP

echilog

Oct 28, 2017
I mean.. I wouldn't pay 10 Euro for this, but it isn't bad if you can get it for free.
Also it has Succubus's in it.

If443

Apr 14, 2018
I remeber is been while since I buy a Sakura game the last one I buy was Sakura MMO part 1 still sad to this day because Sakura fantasy not will have a sequel sad Yuri noises

Reactions: EHall

YukoValis

Dec 14, 2017
Damnit, must WC try and milk every great concept with their vanilla tabloid level games? The art and characters all look the same, and it never dares to push past its plain white envelope.

StratoSquir

Jan 19, 2018
No no,I was primarily talking about their writing in the creative sense(though yes,I do agree they dont seem to employ an editor).

Ori being very well executed(both narratively and gamedesign wise)and the Sakura titles being what exactly?
A 1$ gas station hot dog?
Really,outside of completely boiling it down to the concept of "indie" they have nothing in common(and I say that as someone who absolutely didnt care about Ori).

Anyway,main point being even on the western market there are so many better alternatives(even if you restrict it to the slice-of-life moege that Winged Cloud keeps pulling most of the time)and there have been long before the series´s inception.
I understand why it did well in the beginning,being one of the first big VN(if you even want to categorize it as that)releases on Steam but how the hell do they keep afloat these days?
One would assume even the unwashed masses would get tired of the same schlock again and again.
Hell,even on Steam there are better alternatives.
I have no ill will towards Winged Cloud(at last I dont remember them pulling any shit)but man,I seriously wonder how they keep going.
Kinda want to know their sales and budget numbers now.
as you said, i think most of their success is due to being ones of the first popular VN on Steam
I wouldn't call their games "big-VN", as there already were somes pretty-good VNs, and i remember the first actual-hentai game being a yuri-game about a ghost or something
But Sakura-Fantasy was definitely ones of the first really popular-one in the west

And i think of it's success can also be attributed to two other-things:
-First, it's softcore, theses guys mostly make softcore-hentai/ecchi so it's just lewd-enough to lure the degenerates into buying their games, but it's just not-hardcore enough to avoid getting labelled as pure hentai
that's what i call the "no, i don't watch hentai, only ecchi, my two favorites animes are To-Love-Ru and KissXSis btw"

-Second: even while they mainly do pretty generic monster-girls stuff, their artstyle is unique, it's pure lewd-moe
and it's clear they like to draw lewd, but they clearly don't like to draw sex
you can tell because whenever they draw girl fully-nude, it look like they've never saw a pussy in their life

D

Deleted member 2248006

yeah, i would have been surprised, the guys at Sakura are masters in the art of feedings softcore to simps not Chad-enough yet to admit their degeneracy and want to play actual eroges
the only times they go the full-lenght and do actual hentai, it's only yuri

thoses games are usually either To-Love-Ru tier of "it's totaly-not softcore hentai", or full-blown yuri-games

edit: spelling
Their first game like Sakura spirit and sakura swim were still fine, just to relax and enjoy the plot, but since 2018 they changed to worst, they just copy paste the same sample in every game to make more money from simps. Although Russians and Brazilians still go pirate lol

3.80 star(s) 4 Votes