Henley

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2019
So, visually, it's no different from a hat. Functionally, even if nobody talks about it in the narrative, one could expect to do things you'd reasonably expect a futa character to be able to do?
From what you've said, regardless of who you play as, it sounds like you won't be locked out of any animations with mons?
Yeah she will just have access to futa animations now. Simple as that.

Reactions: icollectsouls

Henley

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2019
Futa is just a chick with a dick. So that's fine. As long as she can get a schlong and dick girls.
Some people want the characters to notice her existance as a futa. So anytime someone asks I'll tell them it won't happen.

It might not seem like it now but the characters all have stories in sapphire to explore. Including the rival relationship with the player character you DON'T choose.

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
That's fine too (as long as I'm not forced into sex with rival)
It's probably mentioned in this thread somewhere, but what's he ETA on sexing things? And the roadmap? I though it was in the first post, but it's not.

icollectsouls

Jul 15, 2018
Platforming is an interesting suggestion, we had considered it, but we mostly regulated that content to items you'd need to purchase from the store to access. Like say a climbing gear set to access the radio towers on rock sites, or a machete to access dense forest areas. I dunno how I would feel about making players jump to areas, as that is kinda a new player skill set to include.
I don't think any extensive platforming is a necessity or anything, but something intuitive and realistic enough like "jump over a small gap in a cave" without any actual penalty could go a long way. The biggest thing though is just giving the player a slightly-better sense of agency, and even a simple jump to help directly go over small obstacles/gaps/etc. would work well for that.
Yes, the concept here is that in order to get "deeper" into the game, you need to engage with stealth and the monpedia correctly. However, rewarding the player for making progress is also intended. So instead of monsters fleeing and missing your chance, you now have the sheep girl pestering you for a shafting. This is also reflected in the audio logs we will have in the game.

So the basic loop is that players do main missions for narrative, monpedia for sex unlocks, guide book for other unlocks. The familiarity mechanic makes that a consistently achievable option while also rewarding the player for doing better. We aim that the player needs to do roughly 20% of the monpedia to complete the main narrative of the game.
Okay, I think I'm getting myself confused here so let me make sure I have this straight. I feel like I'm misunderstanding the plan for the mechanics/progression involving the monpedia/familiarity/stealth here.
  • Start the game with low familiarity and few resources. Do your best to stealthily take "natural" pictures to fill out monpedia/build up familiarity.
  • Filled-out monpedia and higher familiarity unlocks player/monster sexual interactions, but pictures of these player/monster interactions are considered "unnatural" so they (mostly) don't work for monpedia progression. (Do you get rewarded in other ways for these pictures?)
  • If you have higher familiarity for a certain type, but less monpedia progression, you'll still have to employ stealth to take more "natural" shots so they don't get distracted by your presence (but in a sexy way now.) Better resources will help out with this process?
Male and Female can take as much or as little dickings as the player wants. Having futa enabled, and playing as Oscar (the male character) means you can get attacked by a futa predator and get carried away and creampied.
Fantastic, I'm glad the game isn't shying away from this kind of content tbh.
Jamie (the female character) will also get attacked by female predators as well.
This isn't quite as "exciting" as the confirmation for futa-on-male but I'm still glad nonetheless.
Having said that, Jamie will have the option to get a strapon or a futa dong as a cosmetic only. Aka she is still "female" and not treated as anything other than that.
Yeah she will just have access to futa animations now. Simple as that.
No. Jamie will be a build a futa. You won't get a futa written character.
Some people want the characters to notice her existance as a futa. So anytime someone asks I'll tell them it won't happen.

It might not seem like it now but the characters all have stories in sapphire to explore. Including the rival relationship with the player character you DON'T choose.
Honestly, I feel like this is good-enough for most players, especially in something like the sandbox mode. It could be better with some (minor) dialogue changes here and there or something, but as long as you can play as some kind of futa and properly have sex with monster girls/futas it'll be a welcome feature regardless if it's not an explicitly-written thing.

I am curious about something now, it sounds like there'll be more human characters besides the player character/rival/that hologram girl in the watch. Will there be sexual content involving them as well? I can easily imagine finding some kind of field researcher who got a little too careless and now they're in the middle of some kind of bunny girl/futa orgy, or maybe something like helping an NPC who just barely escaped from some horny monster shenanigans and they desperately need release now.

Henley

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2019
That's fine too (as long as I'm not forced into sex with rival)
It's probably mentioned in this thread somewhere, but what's he ETA on sexing things? And the roadmap? I though it was in the first post, but it's not.
No dates, just an order of releases.

Sart the game with low familiarity and few resources. Do your best to stealthily take "natural" pictures to fill out monpedia/build up familiarity.
Yes that's how the progression starts.

Filled-out monpedia and higher familiarity unlocks player/monster sexual interactions, but pictures of these player/monster interactions are considered "unnatural" so they (mostly) don't work for monpedia progression. (Do you get rewarded in other ways for these pictures?)
Correct, human enabled photos won't help for scientific documentation of the Monpedia. We have a side character called Mr Hands who contacts the player about selling photos based on his clients perverted requests. Stuff like a bunny girl covered in jizz, or a snake taking it up the duff. These are daily photo bounties that come in and are timed. You have to physically send these via a PC at camp so you can miss out on completing them if you're caught or run out of time. It's how you get money for other items in the game.

So having high familiarity with a snake girl means you can get closer and possibly be the one giving it to her up the butt in the photo.

If you have higher familiarity for a certain type, but less monpedia progression, you'll still have to employ stealth to take more "natural" shots so they don't get distracted by your presence (but in a sexy way now.) Better resources will help out with this process?
Higher familiarity means you're close to having her Monpedia fully done. So the closer you get to completion the easier the harder photo ops are to get.

I am curious about something now, it sounds like there'll be more human characters besides the player character/rival/that hologram girl in the watch. Will there be sexual content involving them as well? I can easily imagine finding some kind of field researcher who got a little too careless and now they're in the middle of some kind of bunny girl/futa orgy, or maybe something like helping an NPC who just barely escaped from some horny monster shenanigans and they desperately need release now.
There are three scientists Chad, Murphy, and Sarah who are lost on the island. The main narrative is a out finding clues to find them and rescue them. You'll find expedition logs (about 100 in total) over the island that fill in the month they were left there alone. Along with this there will be lost recordings of them "interacting" with the wildlife. And at some point they will be able to give the player quests in person as well. There will be a lot of sex related things with them. And the first area which is the plains has their voice work fully done. This includes the 20ish audio logs and the full vocal narrative for the main story.

We have the player characters voiced as well so if you're playing as Jamie she will have different reactions to the same narrative that's happening then Oscar will. Stuff like that.

Minishotgun

May 10, 2017
...playing as Oscar (the male character) means you can get attacked by a futa predator and get carried away and creampied.
As someone who is absolutely against that, i sure hope there is an option to disable futa-on-male content, i know i can lower the spawnrate of futa to a minimum, (unless that was changed to complete disable) but that merely means my chance of getting pegged go from 50% to like 2%, so while unlikely, not impossible. like getting struck by lightning.

and futa's are my personal biggest boner killer... so i really hope there is an option for people like me to avoid it completely.

1.50 star(s) 13 Votes