Others Saria Reclaimed Remake [v0.16.1.0] [UnfetterSangria]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote
May 4, 2024
Are you taking the original concept with turn-based combat with talents(crosses fingers) or a card battle system? Good luck in your venture. Are you adding your own drawings as well?
I'm going for the cards system, maybe the talents could be merged with it also, like upgrading cards as you unlock perks. I'm completely unable to draw, so no art from me.

zxcvtr

Jun 25, 2017
What exactly is going on here, do you have his approval or something at least lol...

I don't really care that much but it seems weird you'd just "rework" (basically steal his assets) his game like that.

This won't last more than a couple days both on here and on itch.io if you don't have any approval.

May 4, 2024
uhhhhhhh, huh.

okay then? judging by the "others" tag, you're developing this on a different engine? probably for the best, RPGmaker is pretty jank when you push it too hard

but how the hell are you gonna get more art
I'm using Godot. As for the art, don't know yet, when I started the goal was to get a working 15.2, so I'll have to think about how the project will continue after that. It depends on all of your feedback ;)

JankiesTanker

Jul 29, 2020
Not being a odd one here but did you ask an Permission for Vel, i mean sure he is technically a "bad actor" or really in general lately i see a jerk by no means but... Ehh i mean this is a pirate site i guess authority who owns is not a question(?)

Although i do really like the base Saria game aka the very old one before the debauchery of the card system update but considering you will keep the card system well uhh maybe we will not see the classic RPGM combat selection then.

As long perhaps also you must really constantly changing it i guess it will be different, but i think bringing back the RPGM style mechanic would been a better option or something different than the card system unless you will be actually flushing it out very well.

dazzlesp31

Jan 6, 2018
I'm using Godot. As for the art, don't know yet, when I started the goal was to get a working 15.2, so I'll have to think about how the project will continue after that. It depends on all of your feedback ;)
For the CG's, the "other" mod used AI generated images. And I must said they where more than OK. Once you have a bunch of images to learn the AI, the result is more than acceptable.

May 4, 2024
Weird question about the possible development 'forks':

Are you aware and / or trying to cooperate with other (1 I know of) variants / remakes of the game?
(Like Saria Reclaimed Unofficial Edition [0.18][Velminth]{mod by Vermittler} )

There's a lot of content added, fixed, tweaked, so it feels liek a shame to discard either version's adjustments.
If I'm not wrong that one was using AI art, which I do not like. And it's a mod, so it's for RPGMaker, while I'm making it with another engine.

Fidzius

Aug 29, 2018
If I'm not wrong that one was using AI art, which I do not like. And it's a mod, so it's for RPGMaker, while I'm making it with another engine.
True, I should have been more specific about adding similar fixes, re-addtions (from the doomed official versions)
or anything that could be of use for inspiration or feature porting (however that might work).

May 4, 2024
True, I should have been more specific about adding similar fixes, re-addtions (from the doomed official versions)
or anything that could be of use for inspiration or feature porting (however that might work).
Oh yeah, I'm planning on also adding content from 0.16 and 0.17. If you saw the captures I'm already using the background for text from the after catastrophe versions.

Reactions: bear333 and Fidzius
May 4, 2024
What exactly is going on here, do you have his approval or something at least lol...

I don't really care that much but it seems weird you'd just "rework" (basically steal his assets) his game like that.

This won't last more than a couple days both on here and on itch.io if you don't have any approval.
Not being a odd one here but did you ask an Permission for Vel, i mean sure he is technically a "bad actor" or really in general lately i see a jerk by no means but... Ehh i mean this is a pirate site i guess authority who owns is not a question(?)

Although i do really like the base Saria game aka the very old one before the debauchery of the card system update but considering you will keep the card system well uhh maybe we will not see the classic RPGM combat selection then.

As long perhaps also you must really constantly changing it i guess it will be different, but i think bringing back the RPGM style mechanic would been a better option or something different than the card system unless you will be actually flushing it out very well.
From what I've seen it will only get taken down if Velminth complains. If that happens I'll have to find another way to distribute, don't forget me :KEK:

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
Remake, what's wrong with the original game?
suffered the same fate a lot of games suffer from where the dev gets some random revelation in the middle of development and decides to scrap it and 80% hate the new direction.

suggestion: ease down on the muscles ty ;d
There was an ab fetish so I doubt that will go away or there would be no point to the fetish.

Reactions: bear333 and fraazx

Zariaswell

Feb 1, 2018
-I don't know what is the engine used there but the result is pretty neat. It feels... faster and smoother.
-In combat, player don't keep the cards in his hands at the end of the turn, so it's useless to play a card that draws more cards...

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote