VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

Kryomancer

Feb 7, 2022
Thats why I dont support games on patreon,they tend to be abandoned the more promising they are and devs tend to be retarded narcissists. So long saria,not like I was waiting long on it or anything.
I'm legit convinced Patreon is the worst possible way to fund game development. Getting paid monthly creates a perverse incentive to keep developing instead of ever finishing the game, and it leads us to getting these endless abandoned games or shit like Future Fragments. If you want to fund a game, make a Kickstarter, make a good roadmap, get one-off funding, and actually finish the game because you have to.

Now if only the people funding games would realize this. Do not fund a game on Patreon, you're literally paying for the developer to not finish the game and you will be disappointed.

Darkstrain

Jun 29, 2017
who would have thought??? changing the game from a very promising rpg-adventure with karryn-like systems to a shitty cardbattle-VN... is actually a sign of decline???

FFS, this was one of the very promising ones!! you were supposed to bring order to h-game shovelware, not join them!!!!

all the game needed was to have a short storyline, with branching maps and enemies, and properly finish the cg's for all of them.
for an artist it sure takes time, but it's way more manageable than learning new systems, trying to create an entertaining battle deck system that doesn't feel tacked on, or that can be massively exploited (as it currently could with heal->pierce spam)

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
FFS, this was one of the very promising ones!! you were supposed to bring order to h-game shovelware, not join them!!!!
This is pretty much my gripe with what's going on.

Getting a game that gets updated monthly is like finding a needle in a haystack. The art was good, the gameplay was unique, the, but then it turns the dev couldn't care less about what people like.

nibelung

Jul 14, 2018
Briefly about the game, I didn’t understand anything, but it was very interesting.
To be honest, it was easier for me to figure out the controls in EVE Online than in a similar game. The drawing is fire, but the controls are not clear.

Reactions: fireboon

BlackDread

Jun 14, 2017
You know what, I like this version, I like we are getting more characters for a bit of variety, the gameplay is decent once you get a feel for it (so long as you aren't getting one shot because the enemy goes first and you're in the wrong stance)

Its just a shame we had to lose out on the previous version.

• Haha
Reactions: Playfulpetfox

SutekiSenpai

Feb 15, 2021
i've been entertaining the idea of becoming a solo dev as i learn more art stuff and this is legit a really good example. if you're doing something people really like, it's a good idea to keep doing it and not do something completely different. wow! who would've thunk
Same, that's why I switched to computer science and taking up game development right now.

Reactions: Playfulpetfox

Leo D. Marstone

Nov 2, 2017
Alright, so for my understanding.
Quick summary:
- Dev got burned out to draw
- Game got dramatically changed in its mechanics mid development (for no reason apparently)
- People are pissed now and the F95 gang are as always the big bads if things go south

Huh, I never played any version (only saw some promo pics and thought it looked nice) so my opinion is not as based but changing core mechanics and switch genres in the middle of development is always a bad move in any scenario.

Sure the dev is entitled to do so. It's his game, but people (paying or not) are entiteld to voice their concerns as well.
The game has been marketed for something that it is not anymore and his patreons where paying for the original vision.

This may be not fraud (as I read further down the thread) but it sure are broken promises.
Time to move on I guess. I doubt that this project will recover in a meaningful way.

botaniq_1

Mar 28, 2020
i can't understand why so many people are mad this game was rebuild into something unplayable and then abandoned.
Hello, it was never good in the first place. Just a low effort trash cheap copy of karryn's prison with dumb gameplay and above average art. The dev literally had no idea what he was doing, it was a mess from the start

hp_surfer

Jun 7, 2017
i can't understand why so many people are mad this game was rebuild into something unplayable and then abandoned.
Hello, it was never good in the first place. Just a low effort trash cheap copy of karryn's prison with dumb gameplay and above average art. The dev literally had no idea what he was doing, it was a mess from the start
Straight up wrong about the game not being good. This many people wouldn't be that pissed if the game wasn't worth being angry about being destroyed.

It was a copy of Karryn's prison's combat mechanics, but the art was really good, not just above average.

Story? Eh, no one cared. We just wanted more sex battles. Which again, were fantastic. But they did take grinding to unlock, more so than Karryn's did, so it sounds like you probably never made it that far.

Redhawk

Aug 13, 2017
The game, at least until 0.14 when Velminth decided to change the whole battle system, was great. The art was good, the mechanics were similar to KP without being a straight up copy, and the worldbuilding snippets seemed very interesting.

And then Dev-kun decided to remake the game, Twice in a row in 3 updates before abandoning it when people lost interest and he burnt out.

Calling it "trash cheap copy" proves that you either haven't played it or at just straight up trolling.

Hunterop6969

Apr 14, 2020
lets all press F for this game that once was one of the greatest and most promising rpg maker game, having a very hot tomboy as a protagonist with a very decent world and exploration and a good amount of variety of enemies and H...
hope one day someone make a similar game (no I dont mean Karryns prison)
Is was a good journey...
F

Playfulpetfox

Feb 3, 2018
Alright, so for my understanding.
Quick summary:
- Dev got burned out to draw
- Game got dramatically changed in its mechanics mid development (for no reason apparently)
- People are pissed now and the F95 gang are as always the big bads if things go south

Huh, I never played any version (only saw some promo pics and thought it looked nice) so my opinion is not as based but changing core mechanics and switch genres in the middle of development is always a bad move in any scenario.

Sure the dev is entitled to do so. It's his game, but people (paying or not) are entiteld to voice their concerns as well.
The game has been marketed for something that it is not anymore and his patreons where paying for the original vision.

This may be not fraud (as I read further down the thread) but it sure are broken promises.
Time to move on I guess. I doubt that this project will recover in a meaningful way.
1708803813086.png

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes