VN RPGM Onhold Saria Reclaimed [v0.17] [Velminth]

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
From what I recall, weren't most of his patreon supporters lapping up the new remade version? They'll probably continue supporting if that's true.
I wonder how many supporters joined Patreon to support the dev's art and saw the game as a bonus vs those who joined due to the game?

Jun 13, 2017
Alright, so for my understanding.
Quick summary:
- Dev got burned out to draw
- Game got dramatically changed in its mechanics mid development (for no reason apparently)
- People are pissed now and the F95 gang are as always the big bads if things go south

Huh, I never played any version (only saw some promo pics and thought it looked nice) so my opinion is not as based but changing core mechanics and switch genres in the middle of development is always a bad move in any scenario.

Sure the dev is entitled to do so. It's his game, but people (paying or not) are entiteld to voice their concerns as well.
The game has been marketed for something that it is not anymore and his patreons where paying for the original vision.

This may be not fraud (as I read further down the thread) but it sure are broken promises.
Time to move on I guess. I doubt that this project will recover in a meaningful way.
if you did become a patreon and dev advised it was going to be one way and decides to completely change it actually is fraud but considering how much you invest is it really worth suing over?

but yeah this dev is definitely just another typical patreon scam artist

Reactions: bishinsenso

Nullx54

Jun 4, 2017
Based on the comments, I believe the game will be paused/cancelled soon.
And this is a common pattern that I have noticed over the years, when the game goes too far out of the norm, has very elaborate graphics, very convoluted mechanics, complexity of gameplay. The game usually doesn't reach the end, I see that the developers want a large world of variety, but underestimate the work and time that this will require.
It's a shame, this game really differentiated itself from the others, and because it differentiated itself, it ended up becoming too heavy a boulder to carry.
The great irony is that most differentiated games follow the same fate.

View attachment 3382012
Yeah, the real problem was the mid-way shift from a solo RPG to a card based one/VM. Consistency is key when creating games.

Darkstrain

Jun 29, 2017
i know the dev won't read this, but(on the older version):
-all you needed to do was be clear about what the story unfolds. that would help you focus on what needs developing.
-what is saria's goal? reaching city X to complete Y mission?
-develop city X and do the endings... 1 for slutty builds, 1 for normal builds, 1 for virgin builds.
-now go backwards, you already had the starting wasteland, the main city and some extra maps in between, put some "bad ends" that trigger some flags when you get to city X for extra dialogue.
-finish the cg's for the enemies multiple body parts
-done, masterpiece of a short game with enjoyable battle-sex

Look at Karryn... it's 3 floors with a lot of content, and then floor 4 and 5 with the ending situations.
it's not a massive task to emulate since you already had almost all of the building blocks.

The VN we have now is just bad, we lost enemy targeting for specific fetishes, which was the main draw of the game, being even more fetishized than KP. we lost slut builds since getting sexed is now a losing condition. we lost everything that made the game appealing...

if the VN scenes with her boss and such were tacked between the already promising maps you had, we would be cheering for the full release of the game already.

but THIS???? this is trash now.

Loligami

Jun 6, 2020
I wonder how many supporters joined Patreon to support the dev's art and saw the game as a bonus vs those who joined due to the game?
I was one that had supported him for like well over a year because of Saria, but instantly dropped it the moment the VN changes happened.

Went from a regularly updated better looking Karryn's Prison, to w.e the fuck it became. I liked Saria's art so much more than Karryn's, that I haven't been able to enjoy Karryn's since.

Jun 19, 2018
i can't understand why so many people are mad this game was rebuild into something unplayable and then abandoned.
Hello, it was never good in the first place. Just a low effort trash cheap copy of karryn's prison with dumb gameplay and above average art. The dev literally had no idea what he was doing, it was a mess from the start
I can't speak for anyone else, but no matter how good the mechanics were in Karryn's Prison, the main character was atrociously unfappable.
For me it was a glimmer of hope to see a similar system but with an actually attractive character.

2.40 star(s) 158 Votes