4.60 star(s) 5 Votes

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
What are you talking about, you heretic?! The only natural reaction one should have to such a misshapen beast is to CHARGE THE ABOMINATION IN THE EMPEROR'S NAME!
It's a man's life in the Imperial Guard...

kingpilzi

Oct 12, 2017
When attempting to open the next door after using the ladder I receive this error.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 6032, in script call
    call testPnc from _call_testPnc
  File "game/pncGame.rpy", line 1111, in script call
    call pncGame from _call_pncGame
  File "game/pncGame.rpy", line 593, in script
    call screen pnc_scr(_layer="master")
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 485, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
Exception: Open text tag at end of string u'The door is blocked by something on the other side.{#wrong#'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 6032, in script call
    call testPnc from _call_testPnc
  File "game/pncGame.rpy", line 1111, in script call
    call pncGame from _call_pncGame
  File "game/pncGame.rpy", line 593, in script
    call screen pnc_scr(_layer="master")
  File "C:\Users\T\Desktop\Satellite\renpy\ast.py", line 1801, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Users\T\Desktop\Satellite\renpy\ast.py", line 1789, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\T\Desktop\Satellite\renpy\statements.py", line 169, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 485, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\T\Desktop\Satellite\renpy\exports.py", line 2655, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\T\Desktop\Satellite\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\T\Desktop\Satellite\renpy\display\core.py", line 2624, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\T\Desktop\Satellite\renpy\display\core.py", line 2999, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\TDesktop\Satellite\renpy\display\core.py", line 511, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback)
  File "C:\Users\T\Desktop\Satellite\renpy\display\core.py", line 511, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback)
  File "C:\Users\T\Desktop\Satellite\renpy\display\core.py", line 511, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback)
  File "C:\Users\T\Desktop\Satellite\renpy\display\screen.py", line 405, in visit_all
    self.child.visit_all(callback)
    d.visit_all(callback)
    d.visit_all(callback)
  File "C:\Users\T\Desktop\Satellite\renpy\display\core.py", line 508, in visit_all
    for d in self.visit():
  File "C:\Users\T\Desktop\Satellite\renpy\text\text.py", line 1568, in visit
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\T\Desktop\Satellite\renpy\text\text.py", line 1552, in update
    tokens = self.tokenize(text)
  File "C:\Users\T\Desktop\Satellite\renpy\text\text.py", line 1962, in tokenize
    tokens.extend(textsupport.tokenize(i))
  File "textsupport.pyx", line 120, in renpy.text.textsupport.tokenize
Exception: Open text tag at end of string u'The door is blocked by something on the other side.{#wrong#'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
Satellite 0.0
Fri Nov 09 21:30:39 2018

Same .... hopefully it gets fixed soon cause i rly like the game so far

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Correcting this line fixed the door above the ladder causing a crash
File: Satellite\game\tl\english\pncGameT.rpy
Line 228
("Эта дверь завалена с той стороны.{#wrong#}", "The door is blocked by something on the other side.{#wrong#}"),

Reactions: pyzx and Kirotut

klang

Aug 15, 2016
No.

If your brain literally explodes, it means it actually, literally, exploded. Literally is the opposite of metaphorically.

Language is a tool. It is used to accurately transmit ideas, concepts and thoughts from one person's brain to another. Words have actual meanings so that they can convey those actual meanings, and not some completely different or random meaning. Using the word 'literally' when you actually mean 'metaphorically' is like using the word 'mother' when you actually meant 'donkey'.

(Pet peeve rant. Words are the tools of my profession, but we all share those tools. If you bend them out of shape, they are out of shape for everyone.)
"Literal" has been used to mean "figurative" in English (an ironic intensifier) since the 1600s. You are literally 400 years too late to stop this.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
"Literal" has been used to mean "figurative" in English (an ironic intensifier) since the 1600s. You are literally 400 years too late to stop this.
:
2 : : —used in an exaggerated way to emphasize a statement or description that is not literally true or possible
...but:
Sense 2 is common and not at all new but has been frequently criticized as an illogical misuse. It is pure hyperbole intended to gain emphasis, but it often appears in contexts where no additional emphasis is necessary.
Additionally I would consider distinctly likely the original authors are not well versed in such weird quirksfiner nuances of the English language in the first place...

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
I cannot remember the last time I was so deeply invested in a story. And I'm the kind of guy who always invest himself in the story at least a little... always trying to live vicariously through the lives of heros and villians. But this. I find myself pacing and crying and laughing as the story unfolds.

Well. Fucking. Done.

Also, I fucking hate you for making me fall in love with these characters only to kill them left and right. Sadist to sadist... you're an asshole.

Resizer

Aug 12, 2018
Surprisingly awesome game.
I like this stile and this genre.
I have not played such games for a long time because of their rarity.
I recommend to all fans of the genre.
The game recalled the best examples of cyberpunk and arcade games in slot machines of the 90s

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
per request, here is my unofficial android port of Satellite.
have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Last edited:
Reactions: kamakazi2772
4.60 star(s) 5 Votes