m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
Sorry, I'm probably a freak, but I like Amber. And from what I'm reading here she has disappeared. Is this true, is Amber gone?
Please tell me that she'll stay in the game
Amber has a job in another city. So she came back there for some time. (Until the weekend?)

God I hope she stays gone, just started the game and already annoyed I can't ditch her fast enough. She's ok for a one night stand or FWB, but I don't want to keep seeing her.
As she is one of the girls in the relationships table, I think she would be back. RenPy has the fast-skipping feature (if you turn "Unseen text" ON in the preferences), so what's the problem. I suffered much more from ugly nagging old ladies in "Where The Heart Is", and still I love that game immensely.

CidR

Sep 1, 2019
Was there a code change?

I cannot access my old game saves from half a year ago with the new 0.6a and the latest incest patch.

thealucid

Oct 10, 2018
IMO it makes creating and applying said patch irrelevant and a moot point as the origins of the siblings are already a part of the developing storyline and one that is impossible to change. Then again, there are some who consider adopted & step-siblings the same as if they actually shared a blood relation... me, not so much.
Yeah, I hate how incest gets bandied about everywhere to the extent you can't take the tag at face value. Honestly, I don't really believe there's a subset of people who like adopted/step-sibling "incest" as opposed to the blood related, considering to my mind the entire appeal of the fetish is its taboo nature.

Without the blood related it's just regular sex.

On that note, what's the incest like in this game? Does it bring anything to the table or could you remove the incest and nothing fundamentally would change in the character relationships?

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah, I hate how incest gets bandied about everywhere to the extent you can't take the tag at face value. Honestly, I don't really believe there's a subset of people who like adopted/step-sibling "incest" as opposed to the blood related, considering to my mind the entire appeal of the fetish is its taboo nature.

On that note, what's the incest like in this game? Does it bring anything to the table or could you remove the incest and nothing fundamentally would change in the character relationships?
Well the fact they are a family unit and have been since they were kids is part of their relation and why each of them gets involved beyond their powers. So yeah it is important in the sense of the story, even if it is not blood related incest, MC does consider them his sisters, mother and father and that is a big part of his motivation.

Reactions: thealucid

thealucid

Oct 10, 2018
Well the fact they are a family unit and have been since they were kids is part of their relation and why each of them gets involved beyond their powers. So yeah it is important in the sense of the story, even if it is not blood related incest, MC does consider them his sisters, mother and father and that is a big part of his motivation.
Fair enough, I was kind of hoping the MC was genetically engineered using his mom as a genetic basis or something. Like starting with his parent's zygote and taking it from there.

I guess how obvious is it they're not related? Is it like The Awakening, where the story doesn't really make any sense from an incest perspective, or is it like Milky Touch or something, where the characters are for all intents and purposes family and the characters never break that illusion?

Ass-a-Lot

Aug 29, 2018
im amazed by this game,story is smooth AF,i loved it!parallel universe,first time in my game.
and seems interesting.MC is very much likeable,girls are hot.olivia is the so sweet in my book,daisy in parallel is the sweetest.gud job dev!

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Fair enough, I was kind of hoping the MC was genetically engineered using his mom as a genetic basis or something. Like starting with his parent's zygote and taking it from there.

I guess how obvious is it they're not related? Is it like The Awakening, where the story doesn't really make any sense from an incest perspective, or is it like Milky Touch or something, where the characters are for all intents and purposes family and the characters never break that illusion?
Last is hard to say since game goes out of its way to tell you they are not blood related (your guess might be a secret though that later gets disclosed, who knows), but on the whole they do treat each other like family members. More so as in some games that are full on incest. MC is at least not a stranger to them. :)

thealucid

Oct 10, 2018
Last is hard to say since game goes out of its way to tell you they are not blood related (your guess might be a secret though that later gets disclosed, who knows), but on the whole they do treat each other like family members. More so as in some games that are full on incest. MC is at least not a stranger to them. :)
Thanks for responding! Unfortunately it sounds pretty borderline for my tastes. I'll keep monitoring the thread in the hopes there might be a story development to spice up the sex and inspire me to check it out.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Thanks for responding! Unfortunately it sounds pretty borderline for my tastes. I'll keep monitoring the thread in the hopes there might be a story development to spice up the sex and inspire me to check it out.
Well I care more for the emotional relation as family as the blood relation per se, so I am lucky and for me this fully falls under my kinks for me. Even more as when they would be blood related, but do not act like family but as strangers who just met each other. :)

Reactions: EJW and thealucid

thealucid

Oct 10, 2018
Well I care more for the emotional relation as family as the blood relation per se, so I am lucky and for me this fully falls under my kinks for me. Even more as when they would be blood related, but do not act like family but as strangers who just met each other. :)
I hear you, the emotional connection you're describing is the reason I'm almost on board. As the sheer lack of the emotional connection is why The Awakening doesn't do it for me. The game going out of its way to tell you the characters aren't blood related is the primary reason I'm not fully on board.

Reactions: DA22

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020

Well I actually did apply the patch prior to knowing what direction the story was going in regards to the siblings' origins, and they definitely still refer to each other as 'brother' and 'sister' though they are aware they were adopted. I can at least say there is still a strong emotional connection in lieu of a blood relation, where they are still connected as siblings and refer to each other as such, so for me, the kink appeal is still there.

Especially as I actually am attracted to Daisy and how sweet and adorable she becomes to the MC after her awakening and subsequent love confession to her 'brother' and even mild jealousy at considering their elder 'sister' as a potential romantic rival for his affections. On Olivia's end, she clearly begins to reevaluate her own feelings towards her brother after he saves her from a potential stalker/internet boyfriend and likewise is leaning towards her own romantic feelings for him. Lastly, Vanessa despite raising the MC as a son is now having her own 'taboo' feelings for him since he moved back home and I can say despite the lack of a blood relation, for all intents and purposes the 'family' unit still retains the emotional bond of a family and the shared taboo feelings of developing romantic feelings for a family member. In the end, its up to you if an emotional bond is enough to scratch that kink itch.

Jul 9, 2019
Hadn't played since 0.4, and back then I was worried this game would be yet another example of wasting beautiful models with trash-tier storytelling and/or gameplay. I didn't trust in the devs' ability to avoid going down that disappointing path ... but after playing through the most recent release, I'm a touch more optimistic. What I took for emotional immaturity early the game was just the devs, in my opinion, getting a feel for how to create those kinds of scenes. While still heavy-handed at times, they do have a talent for crafting scenes with emotional bonding between the MC and the girls, and I hope at no point during the course of this game they abandon this, because as of 0.6 it's one of the game's strengths.

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76
3.80 star(s) 132 Votes