MikeyUK

Apr 5, 2020
Is there a way to fix the vairable without using Unren? If not I will just wait for a fix
I fixed it by adding a line to script3.rpy -
After ***VERSION 0.7 *** banner and after the first label tag, I added the line:
default amber_mc_relationship = True

I tested it by running the game from save prior to the error and it ran okay.

Hope this works for you.

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
getting 'flashb' is not defined error after mc lands in alternate universe and saves made during alternate uni crash ?
problem with game itself or scrappy mod ?

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
There's a few problems I'm finding with the story of the alternate universe family.

First, mc plops down in the middle of a field with his bed and nobody makes a comment about that? One would think that jarring plot point would be a major factor during the family discussions about whether they trust the mc. Olivia gives him the third degree with the damn thing sitting in the background as if it were part of some Monty Python skit.

Second, mc gives Olivia his phone and she skims through the gallery as if it was an everyday appliance. However the world setting implies that no-one has a pot to pee in much less personal electronics. Hell, does this buccolic backwater even have electricity? I didn't pay too much attention, but it seems like the everyday lighting around the homestead is as gaslit as the Fox News Network in this world.

Finally, this is a farm. I had a good laugh with Vanessa carrying around a tiny little water can as if that would do something useful in a field full of what looks either like crabgrass or possibly Chives. So maybe they are starving (even after 25 years), because this crowd is experiencing something like the Chinese did under Mao's Cultural Revolution disaster. OTOH assuming they managed to last that long without turning into walking skeletons, they would certainly have managed to squirrel away enough from the local gestapo to have more than finger food sandwiches for their main meal.

snarkster1558

Feb 27, 2019
I downloaded v7. I opened v7. I confirmed in "About" it was v7. I reached the end of gameplay and it says "End of v6".

It ends when he is fighting the "stormtroopers" at the farm in the "Other Universe" and he disappears. Is that the end of this update or is there more (if yes, how do I get to it)? BTW, I played through from a fresh start, not an old save. TIA

Anybody?

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Dev did a little fat fingering here in script3.rpy:

Code:
        "I'm Sorry But...":
            if v6_ow_daisy_route > 0:
                $ v6_ow_daisy_route == 0
                jump v6_mc_daisya
That should be "=" and not "==" there. So instead of zero-ing out the alternate daisy relationship route, the dev effectively inserted a no-op by making it a conditional test instead of an assignment statement.

idfiog

May 21, 2018
How do you continue where you left off on 0.7 as I came from 0.6a and if that is not possible and you have to go through the story again, how do you get through training with Allison when she is punching, I was able to get past it with ease on 0.6a but for 0.7 I am unable to get through with the correct options.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
I did a restart anyway since it had been a while and I decided to go with a good path play (by looking at the code). I didn't have to do anything special to get past the Allison training. Watch her hands. Go in the direction of whichever one is swinging out and stay in the center when it's neither. You have 3 seconds to react on each.

If you want to just blow by the minigame you can probably open the console and do:

Code:
jump v4_allison_takedown1
Any time during the game or right at the very start. I don't remember off of the top of my head whether you need to escape out of the console before that jump takes effect.

How do you continue where you left off on 0.7 as I came from 0.6a and if that is not possible and you have to go through the story again, how do you get through training with Allison when she is punching, I was able to get past it with ease on 0.6a but for 0.7 I am unable to get through with the correct options.

Reactions: BIackBaron

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Look I reached the end where the MC is back home and there is a scene where Maeve talks to someone in the coffee shop, the game then says this is the end of version 0.6 - confused I'm playing version 0.7 so why does it end this way

Reactions: jasonvorhees

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Brain fart on the dev's behalf I suspect. 0.6 ended with mc tporting back with the gestapo captain in his clutches if I remember right.

Look I reached the end where the MC is back home and there is a scene where Maeve talks to someone in the coffee shop, the game then says this is the end of version 0.6 - confused I'm playing version 0.7 so why does it end this way

snarkster1558

Feb 27, 2019
Brain fart on the dev's behalf I suspect. 0.6 ended with mc tporting back with the gestapo captain in his clutches if I remember right.

That's where v7 ended for me (even though it said end of v6. Really liking this game, but frustrating i can't get to play v7

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
But those scenes between when mc gets back with the capt in tow and when Maeve runs into the coffee shop are what's in the 0.7 "beta". Dev just had a brain fart labeling the end screen as 0.6.

That's where v7 ended for me (even though it said end of v6. Really liking this game, but frustrating i can't get to play v7

ChunxMatey

Jun 25, 2021
A well thought out story, realistic enough to allow easy suspension of disbelief. It has some real drama and emotion to it, with interesting character development and (dependant on choices made) some really sweet romance (yeah, I'm a sucker for that mushy stuff). Well executed action sequences, and beautifully crafted visuals. I doubt English is the primary language of the developers, but by no means is the spelling or grammar as horribly mangled as most (obvious effort has been applied to make it fluent and understandable).

I'd pay to see it as a mainstream movie, and would be interested in discussing developing a screen-play of it with Purple Fellas!

snarkster1558

Feb 27, 2019
But those scenes between when mc gets back with the capt in tow and when Maeve runs into the coffee shop are what's in the 0.7 "beta". Dev just had a brain fart labeling the end screen as 0.6.

It may be a "Brain Fart," but it doesn't let me continue past "End of v0.6." It ends with them getting pulled out of the Alternative Universe, but I don't get a scene of them returning to the "Home Universe," Maeve running into a Coffee Shop or anything in between.

Last edited:

snarkster1558

Feb 27, 2019
It may be a "Brain Fart," but it doesn't let me continue past "End of v0.6." It ends with them getting pulled out of the Alternative Universe, but I don't get a scene of them returning to the "Home Universe," Maeve running into a Coffee Shop or anything in between.

A well thought out story, realistic enough to allow easy suspension of disbelief. It has some real drama and emotion to it, with interesting character development and (dependant on choices made) some really sweet romance (yeah, I'm a sucker for that mushy stuff). Well executed action sequences, and beautifully crafted visuals. I doubt English is the primary language of the developers, but by no means is the spelling or grammar as horribly mangled as most (obvious effort has been applied to make it fluent and understandable).

I'd pay to see it as a mainstream movie, and would be interested in discussing developing a screen-play of it with Purple Fellas!
I'm guessing you're talking about a screenplay minus the Incest Option? :)

Reactions: ChunxMatey
Dec 27, 2020
Reading the last two sites of this thread, I have to say that the dev could be giving answers to all your questions.
But he was seen the last time at F95 on June 27 and his last post is from May 14.
Maybe you should try his Discord.

Reactions: ChunxMatey

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Interesting. I did a fresh playthrough both because it had been a while and I wanted to follow the good points route. So I did see the new content. I've seen this sort of thing in other games before where I got an immediate "that's all folks" loading a save I took at the end. However backing up to load a 2nd or 3rd most recent save instead let me continue on. Not sure if this would be the same deal here where you might be able to load from a save on or just before you end up in the alternate universe and continue on.

ChunxMatey

Jun 25, 2021
I'm guessing you're talking about a screenplay minus the Incest Option? :)
Actually, with the incest being legal and not biological, I'd be inclined to keep it in, particularly to highlight how arbitrary some people's views are. The overview states "... genetically engineered by his scientist parents due to infertility" suggesting that neither the siblings or parents are biologically (or maternally) related. It's an interesting philosophical debate about whether or not non-biological incest is "wrong", and a perspective that more people should be encouraged to think about and discuss.

Personally, I don't see biological incest as that big of a deal, as long as there aren't children being produced (for genetic reasons more so than any moral consideration), in fact I personally know a biological-sibling couple (she's sterile from a childhood accident so they adopted, and the kids are more well-adjusted members of society than most their age). I'm happy for anyone who finds true happiness in another (gay,straight,mono,poly,bdsm)... my only moral stipulation is consensual!

Reactions: spooge_nugget
3.80 star(s) 132 Votes