VN Ren'Py Scarlet Ashbringer [v0.2.5a] [Scarlet Ashbringer Studio]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
I feel like I've written it everywhere I can x) if you skip the mini game, you don't get the money but the story continues as if you did. I don't want to block the story behind a riddle. Don't feel like doing the mini game, just skip it

Also I am not saying where is the shield :p Light's Hope quests are optionnals, borderline easter eggs, so only the most determined players finish it ! :D
I'll still give you a hint : It is where it is supposed to be
Actually not working that way at all might be a bug in the if statement part of the code as I am getting 25 coins and it says paperwork not finished. Should it not say I see you completed the paperwork but I get no money for it.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
A hint for the shield : it's hidden in plain sight
OK for those looking for that shield the damn icon does not light up on the map so you can't tell that you can travel to it!

Last edited:

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
OK for those looking for that shield the damn icon does not light up on the map so you can't tell that you can travel to it!
Well spotted, it was the hardest thing to local in the game ! But as you saw, it's exactly at the same place it was in WoW :p

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Well spotted, it was the hardest thing to local in the game ! But as you saw, it's exactly at the same place it was in WoW :p
Like I stated I did not play WoW. So I looked it up online to find out where shield is.. but yes if you never played WoW would of never guessed. Area should highlight.

Alpha8

Jan 22, 2019
Wait, there was something like that? I just thought it was weird that there was such an icon on the map, so I clicked on it because I wondered if it would trigger something

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
Wait, there was something like that? I just thought it was weird that there was such an icon on the map, so I clicked on it because I wondered if it would trigger something
It is for later use, I plan something with the cauldron. But since the shield is originaly here and it came up, I just added it and didn't put an highlight because, well, Light's Hope quests are meant to be difficult side quests that only rewards the most perceptive players :p
But it was found, and pretty easily. Next part of the quest I'll be even more sneaky !

Alpha8

Jan 22, 2019
It is for later use, I plan something with the cauldron. But since the shield is originaly here and it came up, I just added it and didn't put an highlight because, well, Light's Hope quests are meant to be difficult side quests that only rewards the most perceptive players :p
But it was found, and pretty easily. Next part of the quest I'll be even more sneaky !
No need to outdo yourself, the triggers were already enough of a pain to find as it was :HideThePain:
Speaking of which, I think it could be nice to implement something for players to spend their extra money (maybe some bonus pics or something?), because once you're done upgrading the town, you don't really need to gain more money than the quarry already gives you, so playing the drinks minigame is not really something players would do anymore.
Personnally, that was the reason I wouldn't have found the triggers if someone else didn't ask about it here (granted, I could have asked, but I try to avoid doing so as much as possible)

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
The problem is that I clicked on it several times when that area opened up and it did nothing so I just figured it would be for later like the other areas on the east side of bridge and would highlight later. Since it did not highlight there was nothing to indicate that it is now accessible. But yes earlier on after clicking on it a few times with no results not many is going to think it's accessible later for a specific quest but not highlight.

Alpha8

Jan 22, 2019
The problem is that I clicked on it several times when that area opened up and it did nothing so I just figured it would be for later like the other areas on the east side of bridge and would highlight later. Since it did not highlight there was nothing to indicate that it is now accessible. But yes earlier on after clicking on it a few times with no results not many is going to think it's accessible later for a specific quest but not highlight.
Personnaly, I was lucky because I remembered that the first time you go there (if you don't have the quest), you find the shield, and just leave it there because it's, well... just an old, seemingly useless shield. But I do agree that at least having a little something when you go back there afterwards just to remind you that it's there could be useful.
Then again, it's only for a purely optional quest that is meant to be tricky, so maybe that would make it too easy.

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
Hello everyone
I just wanted to drop some info here. I know I'm not very active, but I keep working on the new content. Especially more Whitemane content, even if she won't be the focus here.

1697125505590.jpeg

With the depart of my main artist, but the arrival of two new ones, I am producing more and more artwork for the game. If you like my game, please support me on Patreon so I can produce more and more images
And I really wanted to share this image because I love it, even if it's not finished :3

There is still a lot of to for the new update so I cannot announce a date, I'd say January to March. I'll miss Christmas release this year.

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
I don't like to do this, but for some time my earnings have been shrinking. I am less supported on Patreon. It is getting harder to produce images, the one we got with Whitemane took 255€, 130€ to be paid next month. Making the next new image to be produced in December :(
I try to cover myself, this summer I have put 140€ from my own money, but it's getting difficult to do more. Would it be possible to ask non-patrons for some help? Just pledging 2€/month would help a lot. 10-15 persons doing so would be enough to jump back to 200€/month
Thanks for considering helping me. And I also take this opportunity to thank people who already support me and make this game possible

deskitteh

Apr 6, 2018
I don't like to do this, but for some time my earnings have been shrinking. I am less supported on Patreon. It is getting harder to produce images, the one we got with Whitemane took 255€, 130€ to be paid next month. Making the next new image to be produced in December :(
I try to cover myself, this summer I have put 140€ from my own money, but it's getting difficult to do more. Would it be possible to ask non-patrons for some help? Just pledging 2€/month would help a lot. 10-15 persons doing so would be enough to jump back to 200€/month
Thanks for considering helping me. And I also take this opportunity to thank people who already support me and make this game possible
This game is great and you have a real gemstone here. Please hang in there.

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
Wanted to give an update.
First, if you follow me on Patreon you heard that I broke my wrist, well I'm fulled recovered now and work is finally being done ! I still think the next update would be between January to March, so we're not here yet. In the meantime, I'd like to share some cool images that I- Hey Alexandros ! Out of the way !
1701276561573.png

Also a cool poster for Auronia's cabaret
1701276622192.png
I continue to work and hope to hold the delay

randomname2243

Oct 26, 2017
What is the % of progress for the game? And can the player go to only Sally Whitemane? l will certainly play for her interactions.

Scarlet Ashbringer

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
What is the % of progress for the game? And can the player go to only Sally Whitemane? l will certainly play for her interactions.
I'm not sure I understand your questions. Next update should be around April. Yes, you can interact with Whitemane. You even have two of them (Dom and Sub Whitemane). The interactions are limited for now but there will be plenty for the next update. But no, you cannot "just" interact with her. The story moves forward as a whole, it's not like in Summertime Saga where you can ignore some characters.
I'd say currently, after the next release, the game will be half finished ? Maybe 40% ?

Reactions: randomname2243

randomname2243

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure I understand your questions. Next update should be around April. Yes, you can interact with Whitemane. You even have two of them (Dom and Sub Whitemane). The interactions are limited for now but there will be plenty for the next update. But no, you cannot "just" interact with her. The story moves forward as a whole, it's not like in Summertime Saga where you can ignore some characters.
I'd say currently, after the next release, the game will be half finished ? Maybe 40% ?
You answered all my questions very well, thank you, that is what l needed to know.

Reactions: Scarlet Ashbringer
5.00 star(s) 7 Votes