Mod Abandoned SchnurriTV's mod

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

ReiginaldGG

Apr 2, 2022
Ok, big news. Schnurri has deleted the link to his subscibestar and the link to his site (schnurritv.com) also doesn't work anymore. he still seems to be active on his twitter as he retweeted a fans artwork but he didnt give us any update to the situation right now, so he either gave up or he is working on an alternative to his site
His is still up, buuuuut his site is indeed throwing a 403 error in german. Hopefully he is just working on the site as he said he would, and it's not the german feds trying to make him dox himself again.

AManNamed2

May 29, 2019
His is still up, buuuuut his site is indeed throwing a 403 error in german. Hopefully he is just working on the site as he said he would, and it's not the german feds trying to make him dox himself again.
substar is nuked

tbh he would have never dealt with all of this had he not been greedy to begin with

Reactions: Twelve

ReiginaldGG

Apr 2, 2022
More news from my sources:
image_2023-05-19_085909057.png

Full scorched earth this time. Mojang DMCA'd Schnurri to kingdom come and what was left of Hans' mod. Turns out the monetization was never the problem, its sole existence was. Schnurri himself advises archiving the mod because if he did, he would most likely get fucked six ways from sunday by Microsoft. Can't release the source code either due to now it being very much confirmed they are watching him. I hope they don't find this thread either because they already DMCA'd the original thread and mine on Hans' mod.

1.9.0 is the confirmed very last update. Best thing we can do is try to reverse engineer what we got and if not, keep it archived anyway.

Huntkinhero

Jan 27, 2019
Could someone just ask for him a thumb drive of the source code and just sit on it for a couple of years and release the source code
View attachment 2633946

Full scorched earth this time. Mojang DMCA'd Schnurri to kingdom come and what was left of Hans' mod. Turns out the monetization was never the problem, its sole existence was. Schnurri himself advises archiving the mod because if he did, he would most likely get fucked six ways from sunday by Microsoft. Can't release the source code either due to now it being very much confirmed they are watching him. I hope they don't find this thread either because they already DMCA'd the original thread and mine on Hans' mod.

1.9.0 is the confirmed very last update. Best thing we can do is try to reverse engineer what we got and if not, keep it archived anyway.
Could someone just ask for him a thumb drive of the source code and just sit on it for a couple of years and release the source code from what you're saying you could get in trouble if you release the source code online but if someone could ask him to put the source code on a thumb drive and give it to he trusts and sit on for x amount of years then just release the source code after those years have passed if you take what I'm saying the wrong way I'm just speaking my mind.

ApertureZ

Sep 6, 2018
Yep, all we can hope for is that the source code is shared and someone manages to keep working on it unoficially.

And from what i've heard Schnurri was just about to begin adding customization options man... what a damn shame...

ReiginaldGG

Apr 2, 2022
Yep, all we can hope for is that the source code is shared and someone manages to keep working on it unoficially.

And from what i've heard Schnurri was just about to begin adding customization options man... what a damn shame...
1.9.0 got the custom stuff. Though you will have to go look at the last devlog to learn how to use the new systems.

ApertureZ

Sep 6, 2018
1.9.0 got the custom stuff. Though you will have to go look at the last devlog to learn how to use the new systems.
Hm, wasn't aware as I've been following through the free version, still must be somewhat limited, like clothes only and such right? I'll check it out later.

C-Sharper

Apr 6, 2020
Welp, I guess now is good as time as any to to say that I was the one working with C0D6 with the DRM removal. I did the technical side of removing the DRM etc, he did the sharing & helped me test if changes worked etc. He can confirm this.

I also did some manual deobfuscation of the code prior to 1.9.0 and almost managed to get pretty much everything deobfuscated. I did manage to break it at some point & haven't had the time to start over since then, but might take a look at deobfuscation again some time in the future.

I also wrote a simple program to check for and download new Patreon releases a while back & I have all the versions of the mod that were on his website. Obviously the program doesn't work anymore.

C0D6

May 22, 2022
Welp, I guess now is good as time as any to to say that I was the one working with C0D6 with the DRM removal. I did the technical side of removing the DRM etc, he did the sharing & helped me test if changes worked etc. He can confirm this.

I also did some manual deobfuscation of the code prior to 1.9.0 and almost managed to get pretty much everything deobfuscated. I did manage to break it at some point & haven't had the time to start over since then, but might take a look at deobfuscation again some time in the future.

I also wrote a simple program to check for and download new Patreon releases a while back & I have all the versions of the mod that were on his website. Obviously the program doesn't work anymore.
Adding to what he said, here is an archive with almost all the versions of the mod:
- -

Last edited:

cannon9009

Aug 17, 2018
View attachment 2633946

We truly live in a society. Now I feel kinda bad for what I said earlier.

Mar 16, 2018
does anyone have the documentation on how the custom models and such work? the in game help button takes you to his website which for obvious reasons is unhelpful

fenrrir

Apr 2, 2019
does anyone have the documentation on how the custom models and such work? the in game help button takes you to his website which for obvious reasons is unhelpful
i know of a discord server where you can find the video and more help about this and even some custom parts. but idk if i can post a link to the discord here or not

ReiginaldGG

Apr 2, 2022
That part of the devlog has pretty much all you need to know about the custom system. As for the custom models, you will have to get the blockbench girl templates from someone inside the discord server. Though I have heard that older versions of the mod included the blockbench models, so maybe you can try that instead.

ApertureZ

Sep 6, 2018
Hmm... I underestimated what this latest updated featured, maybe we should make some sort of thread for model sharing on here, I might make some stuff myself that I'll be willing to share, and I'd like to see what others can come up with too of course. :PogChamp:

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote