Ren'Py School Game [v0.956 Fix 10] [Sloths Command]

2.50 star(s) 52 Votes

YnicLo

Aug 29, 2023
I find both v0.955 and v0.956 totally unplayable and that's the case no mater the version or bugfixes, v0.955 is constantly crashing or NPCs are in constant action loopholes like fighting. v0.956 won't even start, there is just a script error screen one after another resulting in menu screen.

Any tips how to get v0.956 running at least?
Cracks broken game

Simp Cattu

Feb 5, 2019
I could not even open character screen. Constant exceptions were caught. I played this game once like 2 years ago and it was better than now. What went wrong?

To clarify, I installed v0.955 fix 10 anew and started a fresh save. Both uncompressed and compressed versions, no additional file installed, just the game as-is.

Update 1: I chose to ignore the exception and the game immediately told me that the outfit is only available for exhibitionist. And the clothing previews have no pant.

Update 2: This game's busted. I can't progress more than 2 minutes without having an exception somewhere. My latest exception booted me straight to the main menu. See you all in another 2 years.

Last edited:

YnicLo

Aug 29, 2023
I could not even open character screen. Constant exceptions were caught. I played this game once like 2 years ago and it was better than now. What went wrong?

To clarify, I installed v0.955 fix 10 anew and started a fresh save. Both uncompressed and compressed versions, no additional file installed, just the game as-is.

Update 1: I chose to ignore the exception and the game immediately told me that the outfit is only available for exhibitionist. And the clothing previews have no pant.
Game need near 2GB RAM for stable work. Exactly free 2GB RAM. If you have less, play in low settings.

Simp Cattu

Feb 5, 2019
Bugs or crashes? Crashes can be for reason not enough RAM or crack here. Bugs normal here. Game big, have many content and still development.
How do you tell which of the exceptions are bugs and which of the exceptions are crashes? I kept getting them almost everywhere, some in most basic functions that must have been out of development cycle years ago like the personal stat + clothing menu, or the first part-time job at the shop.

Leks Darkmind

Jul 10, 2022
getting this error

Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label splashscreen is defined twice, at File "new.rpyc", line 1:

and File "game/new.rpy", line 1:
label splashscreen:

The label splashscreen1 is defined twice, at File "new.rpyc", line 82:

and File "game/new.rpy", line 82:
label splashscreen1:

The label crash is defined twice, at File "new.rpyc", line 90:

and File "game/new.rpy", line 90:
label crash:

The label start6 is defined twice, at File "new.rpyc", line 671:

and File "game/new.rpy", line 671:
label start6:

The label start is defined twice, at File "new.rpyc", line 675:

and File "game/new.rpy", line 675:
label start:

The label after_load is defined twice, at File "screens.rpyc", line 761:

and File "game/screens.rpy", line 770:
label after_load:

The label start3 is defined twice, at File "system.rpyc", line 11:

and File "game/system.rpy", line 11:
label start3:

The label fight_in_math_block is defined twice, at File "system.rpyc", line 1177:

and File "game/system.rpy", line 1178:
label fight_in_math_block:

The label no_action_points is defined twice, at File "system.rpyc", line 2574:

and File "game/system.rpy", line 2575:
         label no_action_points:

The label _skip_fight_e1 is defined twice, at File "system.rpyc", line 2639:

and File "game/system.rpy", line 2640:
             label _skip_fight_e1:

The label fight_in_math_block_npc is defined twice, at File "system.rpyc", line 2704:

and File "game/system.rpy", line 2705:
label fight_in_math_block_npc:

The label _fight_in_math_block_npc_end1 is defined twice, at File "system.rpyc", line 3499:

and File "game/system.rpy", line 3500:
     label _fight_in_math_block_npc_end1:

The label _fight_in_math_block_npc_end is defined twice, at File "system.rpyc", line 3524:

and File "game/system.rpy", line 3525:
     label _fight_in_math_block_npc_end:

The label _fight_in_math_block_npc_end2 is defined twice, at File "system.rpyc", line 3541:

and File "game/system.rpy", line 3542:
     label _fight_in_math_block_npc_end2:

The label check_location is defined twice, at File "system.rpyc", line 3731:

and File "game/system.rpy", line 3732:
label check_location:

The label phone is defined twice, at File "system.rpyc", line 3752:

and File "game/system.rpy", line 3751:
label phone:

The label sms_activity is defined twice, at File "system.rpyc", line 4074:

and File "game/system.rpy", line 4073:
label sms_activity:

The label ads is defined twice, at File "system.rpyc", line 4260:

and File "game/system.rpy", line 4248:
label ads:

The label call_hover_ayano is defined twice, at File "system.rpyc", line 4266:

and File "game/system.rpy", line 4254:
label call_hover_ayano:

The label call_hover_suzuki is defined twice, at File "system.rpyc", line 4269:

and File "game/system.rpy", line 4257:
label call_hover_suzuki:

The label items_fight is defined twice, at File "system.rpyc", line 4298:

and File "game/system.rpy", line 4286:
label items_fight:

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 8.2.1.24030407
Thu Aug 22 05:09:10 2024
something went wrong.:unsure:
start with verifying game version, you didn't include that. useless date and time is there, useless in our case renpy version is also there. but actually relevant game build ver is not.
also do tell, if you unpacked game archives.

Jul 20, 2017

Update 2: This game's busted. I can't progress more than 2 minutes without having an exception somewhere. My latest exception booted me straight to the main menu. See you all in another 2 years.
where can the fix 10?

YnicLo

Aug 29, 2023
How do you tell which of the exceptions are bugs and which of the exceptions are crashes? I kept getting them almost everywhere, some in most basic functions that must have been out of development cycle years ago like the personal stat + clothing menu, or the first part-time job at the shop.
Crashs are shut down of the game without reason. Bugs are exception.
Except it, you said about exceptiona, that don't exist for my experience and experience many players.

adudu4

Dec 20, 2023
We should understand that the games uploaded to the forum are maybe offline versions. If you use a crack and link your email (as indicated in the game's top right corner), then in the new offline port, your email will still be bound to the previous version. This can cause severe lag or errors in the game.
Please remove your past saves when there is no correct and corresponding crack patch to ensure that the offline version does not bind to your email.

Reactions: YnicLo

Sprungler

Oct 14, 2023
something went wrong.:unsure:
start with verifying game version, you didn't include that. useless date and time is there, useless in our case renpy version is also there. but actually relevant game build ver is not.
also do tell, if you unpacked game archives.
956, 956a, tried both.
And I did unpack it of course.
Overwritten all files, all that.

Leks Darkmind

Jul 10, 2022
956, 956a, tried both.
And I did unpack it of course.
Overwritten all files, all that.
try unExtracted 0.956.
weird thing is: according to log you provided, game considered rpy and rpyc files different. that shouldn't happen - if an rpy with the same name exists, rpyc is rebuilt from it. it's close enough to 'WTF' to ask you to re download game archive.

Simp Cattu

Feb 5, 2019
We should understand that the games uploaded to the forum are maybe offline versions. If you use a crack and link your email (as indicated in the game's top right corner), then in the new offline port, your email will still be bound to the previous version. This can cause severe lag or errors in the game.
Please remove your past saves when there is no correct and corresponding crack patch to ensure that the offline version does not bind to your email.
I started the game anew, no old data or anything. When I pressed Continue there was nothing there to load. I also tried both vanilla (downloading the game as-is) and patched (patreonhax applied), nothing changed.

adudu4

Dec 20, 2023
WIN+R,input
Code:
%APPDATA%\\renpy\\
, Find the folder "SchoolGame" and cut it to another location(It's better to make a backup in advance ).
This issue was found when switching back and forth between several versions of the game (on Windows).

YnicLo

Aug 29, 2023
I started the game anew, no old data or anything. When I pressed Continue there was nothing there to load. I also tried both vanilla (downloading the game as-is) and patched (patreonhax applied), nothing changed.
Clear persistent data in settings of game

Simp Cattu

Feb 5, 2019
adudu4 YnicLo Did both of those, nothing changed.

Two consistent bugs that I've encountered so far, no matter what I do to fix the game:

1) New player experience:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

2) First part time job at the shop:

I kept having exceptions in these two places, without fail. Downloaded game again, moving SchoolGame folder out, deleting persistent data, nothing worked. There were some more that I found in a longer session back then but I lost my interest already.

Note that I have these issues with and without the patreonhax file, so I doubt it's related.

YnicLo

Aug 29, 2023
adudu4 YnicLo Did both of those, nothing changed.

Two consistent bugs that I've encountered so far, no matter what I do to fix the game:

1) New player experience:

2) First part time job at the shop:

I kept having exceptions in these two places, without fail. Downloaded game again, moving SchoolGame folder out, deleting persistent data, nothing worked. There were some more that I found in a longer session back then but I lost my interest already.

Note that I have these issues with and without the patreonhax file, so I doubt it's related.
This is not clear version. Your game literally need patreon code, mate. Clear persistent file in settings.

2.50 star(s) 52 Votes