2.60 star(s) 5 Votes

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Its really irritating that you loose all the progress all the time especially since there is no option to save and no propper walkthrough. :rolleyes:

Reactions: lTTMl

ScottyLQ

Apr 28, 2017
Gotta hand it to the dev, the main gripes about his last game were that it was too complicated, and too boring to replay all of it looking for the best ending. He went and made a fun, simple game that turns having to replay it into a game mechanic.

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Gotta hand it to the dev, the main gripes about his last game were that it was too complicated, and too boring to replay all of it looking for the best ending. He went and made a fun, simple game that turns having to replay it into a game mechanic.
The biggest hassle about replaying are the controls, though. It constantly switches between having to click a dialog option in a narrow line at the bottom, and clicking an invisible area (sometimes with very little room for error if you don't want to end up with the wrong option) of the image. So you have a lot of mouse movement between small UI elements, which constantly change their meaning.

That means you can't just play rapidly through passages you've already seen but instead need to pay attention to stuff you've already read hundreds of times, just to make sure to hit the right option. And if you make one wrong click, you can't go back but instead have to sit through the rest of the session until the game starts you over.

The spoken dialog is displayed in the same position as the option, so in addition to the problem mentioned above, you also have to move your cursor entirely away just to read what was said.

ScottyLQ

Apr 28, 2017
The biggest hassle about replaying are the controls, though. It constantly switches between having to click a dialog option in a narrow line at the bottom, and clicking an invisible area (sometimes with very little room for error if you don't want to end up with the wrong option) of the image. So you have a lot of mouse movement between small UI elements, which constantly change their meaning.

That means you can't just play rapidly through passages you've already seen but instead need to pay attention to stuff you've already read hundreds of times, just to make sure to hit the right option. And if you make one wrong click, you can't go back but instead have to sit through the rest of the session until the game starts you over.

The spoken dialog is displayed in the same position as the option, so in addition to the problem mentioned above, you also have to move your cursor entirely away just to read what was said.

The size thing's an issue with quite a lot of games in Chaotic's stable. I always play them in fullscreen mode to avoid stuff being outside the window space.

You are definitely right about the dialog thing. It's weird that whatever you hover onto replaces the dialogue.

As for the invisible clicking spots, I guess I've gotten so used to just using the tab key to cycle through what's clickable that it's no longer a big issue for me. These games have been around for a long time after all.

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
As for the invisible clicking spots, I guess I've gotten so used to just using the tab key to cycle through what's clickable that it's no longer a big issue for me. These games have been around for a long time after all.
Be glad that he's not actively trying to prevent that. Similar games that are using the same gameplay style actually did. Those were usually made in Flash, though. But HTML 5 actually has a specification to prevent tab focus on an element, if the browser is compliant.

i1269496

May 31, 2018
Why do the game reset the scale of the text back to 100% on each new frame? What the point? My patience was depleted after the 30th manual zoom back to my preferable setting. Screw it, I'm out.

Reactions: Padshij

ReaperDay

May 18, 2017
Does anyone know how to get these keys??:
12321.JPG

I follow the harem route but the option to tell the guard about the fairy doesn't shows up(what did i miss??)!!!

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
Does anyone know how to get these keys??:
View attachment 282573

I follow the harem route but the option to tell the guard about the fairy doesn't shows up(what did i miss??)!!!
For the middle one I believe you have to get to the castle alone and tell the guard you are a friend when asked. Don't know how to get the other one, sorry. Also how did you get one on the bottom right, "LiF"?

Padshij

Oct 23, 2017
Why do the game reset the scale of the text back to 100% on each new frame? What the point? My patience was depleted after the 30th manual zoom back to my preferable setting. Screw it, I'm out.
:mad:I gave up after 4 pictures. it destroys the scaling of the browser. after a short look in script, I had no desire for the whole game

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
how did you get FLP?

LiF : you have to go in the forest without guide
FLP = Four Little Paws
You go to the dungeon then the guard's chamber, have sex or sleep then afterwards you hear something..
It's a required trigger so next time you can warn the guard. :D
FYI.. all the terms are like this.
LiF = Lost in Forest

Reactions: Bucketbot89

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
FLP = Four Little Paws
You go to the dungeon then the guard's chamber, have sex or sleep then afterwards you hear something..
It's a required trigger so next time you can warn the guard. :D
FYI.. all the terms are like this.
LiF = Lost in Forest
How do you talk your way into the guard's chamber from the dungeon? I have all the clues except for the bottom right. (next to FP)

2.60 star(s) 5 Votes