jewuwee

Sep 1, 2017
Can a subscriber to Vnorth explain to me what his reply to my comment post means? Is he forcing patrons to subscribe two months in a row to receive the latest game release?

Jul 12, 2017
Can a subscriber to Vnorth explain to me what his reply to my comment post means? Is he forcing patrons to subscribe two months in a row to receive the latest game release?
It seems so. I subscribed yesterday with $ 10 and I do not see any download links. That does not seem right to me. I hope it will do the next day otherwise I will withdraw my pledge. I also subscribed to The Twist, 10 minutes ago, and the links from the latest version of the game came instantly. Well, are we serious people or what? It's not a big 10 dollar loss, but Vnort will lose its credibility. And it's a shame because the game is one of the best made games of its kind, when I decided to subscribe I thought to do it all along its development.

Reactions: Gogotaro

mtes

Mar 22, 2017
It seems so. I subscribed yesterday with $ 10 and I do not see any download links. That does not seem right to me. I hope it will do the next day otherwise I will withdraw my pledge. I also subscribed to The Twist, 10 minutes ago, and the links from the latest version of the game came instantly. Well, are we serious people or what? It's not a big 10 dollar loss, but Vnort will lose its credibility. And it's a shame because the game is one of the best made games of its kind, when I decided to subscribe I thought to do it all along its development.
I think what hapens is you pay for "next month's" release. so no link this month

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
Were you actually charged though even if you pledged? I distinctly remember that VNorth didn't have "Instant Pledge" on and instead he kept the old Patreon's thing of charges happening each start of month (I.e. you'll be charged Oct 1st-5th and then probably be able to access the links). Don't know if he's recently changed that.

Jul 12, 2017
I think what hapens is you pay for "next month's" release. so no link this month
Something like that. That is, you pay double to get a version while other game developers give you immediate access. I mean :"you're stupid my friend if you want to support me while you wait less than a month you will find free internet game". I will withdraw the pledge even if I've lost $ 10 and I'm heading for something else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gogotaro
Jul 12, 2017
Were you actually charged though even if you pledged? I distinctly remember that VNorth didn't have "Instant Pledge" on and instead he kept the old Patreon's thing of charges happening each start of month (I.e. you'll be charged Oct 1st-5th and then probably be able to access the links). Don't know if he's recently changed that.
Maybe it's a site malfunction and it's not VNorth's fault. I want to believe this and probably I'll just pledge next month just to see what's going on.But it's an unpleasant situation.

i1736303

Jul 11, 2017
This game is... Laborious. I don't know how many days I've played but I hardly see any progress if none at all even with the 2 walkthroughs. Sometimes I'd stop getting heart from lala, and I'm not getting anywhere with the other sister. Don't talk me about Mom, I keep giving her money every monday morning but nothing happens beside a slap in the ass.
When I read the walkthroughs, it feels like there's something missing in order to advance. Like for example the first few lines : "Shantrel : work in the workshop get the three keys" I've gotten only 2 afaik. Maybe I got a 3rd one by cheating. Anyway let's follow up : "In the morning with breakfast with Shantrel : tickle" yeah I got that option, but after that ? No. "Tits nearby - this way go to the end with three options." <removed> what ? Where ?...
I gave up after giving it like 5 hours of gameplay. It's like I'm bugging, and I really don't want to start again from scratch...

Reactions: Johi

VNorth

Donor
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
I distinctly remember that VNorth didn't have "Instant Pledge" on and instead he kept the old Patreon's thing of charges happening each start of month (I.e. you'll be charged Oct 1st-5th and then probably be able to access the links).
It is true I didn't have "Instant Pledge".
I write to support, it talk me, wait for the beginning of the month and look maybe you have beta-system. No? go to/ wait for the beginning of the month and look maybe you have beta-system. :)

I answered you on the patreone.
you have similar doubts, look please answered for jewuwee
inset "Сommunity"
I was sweating so much to write in English :oops:

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2017
I write to support, it talk me, wait for the beginning of the month and look maybe you have beta-system. No? go to/ wait for the beginning of the month and look maybe you have beta-system. :)

inset "Сommunity"
It's all right I understand it's Patreon's problem! But next month in October I will have to wait for the new version, V 08 to release for me in November? I mean, will I always be a month and a version back?

Jul 12, 2017

inset "Сommunity"
So in October I will also have v07 (which I think I will find it for free on the internet) but I will go into normal and I will get the version V08, is it correct how did I understand?

VNorth

Donor
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Yes, maybe you will find V 0.7 for free on the internet. We risk together not you alone :eek:penedeyewink:
Yes, 07(maybe +extra) and 0.8

Last edited:

jewuwee

Sep 1, 2017

inset "Сommunity"
Thanks, for writing. I wanted clarification here, as I was not understanding your phrasing on the comments page. It would be helpful to explain this on your Patreon's overview page. I'm sure you could hire a part-time translator to help, lol.

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
Thanks, for writing. I wanted clarification here, as I was not understanding your phrasing on the comments page. It would be helpful to explain this on your Patreon's overview page. I'm sure you could hire a part-time translator to help, lol.
Why hire he only has to ask on here if he needs posts translated English is only about 70% of the members first language

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
This is from his Patreon page. People might put hate at him for being greedy or what not, but the number of people that try to commit fraud to get access to his game, is just silly. For the release version of the game, it cost 2 USD to be a patreon. CC fraud is a criminal act. and over 2 usd worth?

I copy my fair share of stuff, but if things not accessible to me right when I want it, I don't start bitch about it. It arrives when it arrives. Enough of stuff to do meanwhile.

Reactions: dutchpete

iggi_pop

Apr 3, 2017
patreon the same marketplace as eBay? There they sell finished goods? Why do people not want to support the Vnort coin? love his game but don't want to pay him. strange....

Rubra

Aug 17, 2016
patreon the same marketplace as eBay? There they sell finished goods? Why do people not want to support the Vnort coin? love his game but don't want to pay him. strange....
I supported VNorth on Patreon for several months.
The english text was a bid rough sometimes but I liked the game.

Then out of nowhere 3 things happened:

1. The announcement of 2 additional animations for $20 patrons at some point in the future.
For me that move alone was almost reason enough to stop supporting him.

2. The game released earlier for higher tier patrons.
Not a huge fan of this either but I know a lot of creators do it and I would not have bothered with it.

3. The addition of "anti-piracy" measures.
Even though I was not pirating his game that was the moment I cancelled my pledge.

In my personal opinion VNorth would make more money on Patreon if he focused more on improving his game rather than trying to protect his property.

Just one more note on the whole discussion of not getting a link for the game right after you pledge.
The "charge up front" option is officially still in beta at Patreon.
Not every creator has the option to use it. So he is actually not to blame in this regard.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
2. The game released earlier for higher tier patrons.
Not a huge fan of this either but I know a lot of creators do it and I would not have bothered with it.
Yes, if you doing the 10 usd pledge or higher you get the release earlier, but you also get a test build it can be buggy etc. Those that does the 2 usd pledge, get it at release but by then it shouldnt have any bugs and such though. So in one way you pay extra to be a beta tester. As for the extra animation for the 20 usd pledges. He got 18 patreons at this level atm, and that bulk bring in more than his 2 and 5 pledges together.

I don't really see the extra fluff for higher pledges as a big issue, look at it like go buy a movie, you got the choice between extended version with some more scenes that cost more, or the regular release. You get what you pay for. And when you have severa tiers, you need to have an incetive going for people to pick a higher tier one.

dutchpete

Jun 11, 2017
Maybe it's a site malfunction and it's not VNorth's fault. I want to believe this and probably I'll just pledge next month just to see what's going on.But it's an unpleasant situation.
It`s not VNorth`s fault. He does not use the "pay up front"system. So when you pledge now your pledge is processed on October 1st. After that he will send you the link in a PM.

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
What's so difficult to understand? You subscrive today? You don't pay nothing for September, you can join VNorth page, can read and write post there for FREE! But you cannot receive the 07.
If you pledge 10$, 1st day of October your bill will be charged, so for 10$ you receive 2 versions, 07 (2 October) and 08 (5 October).

3.00 star(s) 66 Votes