Others Abandoned Secret Horse Files 3 [v0.36] [Levy]

4.10 star(s) 9 Votes

atur

Nov 5, 2019
Look for Monster Mind by Argonvile. While very puzzle oriented, it looks great and the dialogues are very entertaining.
Off topic I know but: Got any Download for a working Version of Adobe for Monster Mind?

Horacio55555

Nov 11, 2020
Off topic I know but: Got any Download for a working Version of Adobe for Monster Mind?
Nifty swfplayer linked. Should suffice for your needs. First time posting on a forum in a while, I don't think I'm breaching any rules here by sharing this >.>

Reactions: atur

Horacio55555

Nov 11, 2020
All the frustration of delay's and missed dead lines aside...
I personally feel a lot of empathy for Levy. They are doing what they are capable of and perhaps are simply one of those people, like myself in truth, who don't want keep putting out bad news and would rather drop the news when they have something to actually show for it.
Developing games, scripting... things like this are time consuming things not just because of the activity but also the having to go back time and again because of some stupid parameter out of place, very migraine inducing. Having to see the constant disappointment that they, perhaps, feel responsible for instilling in people is incredibly discouraging and personally I've found myself more reluctant to actually work on something in that state.
All that said, though, I reckon this mostly started off as a fun project and the more money that got poured in to it the more they may have felt the strain and reluctance. I dare say a lot of work done on the project is simply done out of obligation than it is out of passion, not to say that they aren't passionate but burnout is absolutely a factor.
Hopefully they are able to wrap up the project in the near future with a degree of polish that they are happy with, if not for us but also for them. Having the game posted here absolutely opened them up to a lot more of the mainstream h game community and I think some from here may not quite be familiar with how long smaller funded community projects can take; point being, they likely didn't expect the degree at which they've likely been "grilled/held accountable" at this point.
Not to devalue anyone's feelings here or anything, these are just some thought's I've had regarding this project is all.
Thanks for your time reading this novel of a comment, heh.

ara1111

Apr 6, 2019
Somehow I don' think secret horse files '3' is somehow the first similar game he's made and been paid for.
He's getting > 4k a month for this and barely communicating. Its as simple as that.

Once you have a patreon, especially one making this much, 'my fee fees hurt too much to talk to people' is no longer an acceptable excuse.

jack546

Mar 25, 2018
All the frustration of delay's and missed dead lines aside...
I personally feel a lot of empathy for Levy. They are doing what they are capable of and perhaps are simply one of those people, like myself in truth, who don't want keep putting out bad news and would rather drop the news when they have something to actually show for it.
Developing games, scripting... things like this are time consuming things not just because of the activity but also the having to go back time and again because of some stupid parameter out of place, very migraine inducing. Having to see the constant disappointment that they, perhaps, feel responsible for instilling in people is incredibly discouraging and personally I've found myself more reluctant to actually work on something in that state.
All that said, though, I reckon this mostly started off as a fun project and the more money that got poured in to it the more they may have felt the strain and reluctance. I dare say a lot of work done on the project is simply done out of obligation than it is out of passion, not to say that they aren't passionate but burnout is absolutely a factor.
Hopefully they are able to wrap up the project in the near future with a degree of polish that they are happy with, if not for us but also for them. Having the game posted here absolutely opened them up to a lot more of the mainstream h game community and I think some from here may not quite be familiar with how long smaller funded community projects can take; point being, they likely didn't expect the degree at which they've likely been "grilled/held accountable" at this point.
Not to devalue anyone's feelings here or anything, these are just some thought's I've had regarding this project is all.
Thanks for your time reading this novel of a comment, heh.
Yeah, writting code and development can be hard and frustrating but:

"(...) I'm optimistic about this update! Whether I manage to finish it up by tomorrow, or it takes a few more days than that, I'm pretty confident it'll be worth the time put in. (...)".

Even if Levy later wanted to fix few more things etc. it's a bit too long for something that's almost ready. Don't you think? It's just beta, not final release.

4.10 star(s) 9 Votes