yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
SecretIsland-0.3.7
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Reactions: NocturnalDev

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
MC will fertilize her ejected eggs in the water? Fish don't have vaginas.
To each there own I guess.
Or natural reverse mermaid that has a vagina.
View attachment 2707615
mermaids are half-humans - so they definitely will be mammals like dolphins -> they would have normal vaginas and penises
and if we extended dolphin similarity - they also would be kinky as fuck (bite fish in half and use one half as a fleshlight to get off? yeah...)

NocturnalDev

Game Developer
May 18, 2021
NocturnalDev Any fun with that mermaid when she's... a little less leggy?
There is a new scene with her on v0.4, I planned to allow players to do it three different ways. Human-Human, Human-Mermaid and Merman-Mermaid. I didn't had the time, and I didn't want to delay the end of the chapter because of that. I only finished the first option in time, but I still plan to add the other 2 options. Koikatsu makes it hard to work with these non-human parts, because it is not a body part, more like clothes, but I haven't give up on this scene. Maybe I can even add it as a patch before making v0.4 public.

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
Secret Island [v0.3.7] [NocturnalDev]

COMPRESSED

PC/MAC: - WORKUPLOAD - - ANONFILES /

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
Dear Developer. I actually don't even know if you visit here. I want to tell and ask you at the same time to please get a proficient English proof reader, some one who can go back over the entire text of the game and fix it. Because at times, and please forgive me, I really don't want to sound mean or cruel, but, it can be so difficult to understand what is being said a lot of the times, so many problems with sentences and grammar.
I really like the premise of this story, and I am hoping it can go a long way and be very successful, but the way it currently is, it's almost unplayable due to the extremely bad Engrish.

Going to the story, and the boy

NocturnalDev

Game Developer
May 18, 2021
Dear Developer. I actually don't even know if you visit here. I want to tell and ask you at the same time to please get a proficient English proof reader, some one who can go back over the entire text of the game and fix it. Because at times, and please forgive me, I really don't want to sound mean or cruel, but, it can be so difficult to understand what is being said a lot of the times, so many problems with sentences and grammar.
I really like the premise of this story, and I am hoping it can go a long way and be very successful, but the way it currently is, it's almost unplayable due to the extremely bad Engrish.

Going to the story, and the boy
Yeah, I come here all the time to answer people. I'll do my best to answer you.

Yes, I'm aware I need someone to do proofreading for me. But these things cost, and it is not like I am getting much at the moment. From time to time, I do read older scenes and try my best to fix older content. I did some proofreading on chapter 1, but that will only show up on version 0.4 (released yesterday).
If you don't feel like fixing it yourself, but still want to help, you could send me any phrase you think sounds weird, and I will rephrase them.

About the MC. Other people have asked me the same. I try to make subtle, but he is not human. Some might even say he is a monster (Some people have theories on this, maybe they are right, maybethey aren't). And one that has a bunch of reasons to hate on humans and humanoids in general (more on that will be revealed later). He arrives at this place, and the only thing he wants is to leave. Only after staying with these people for some time that he learns to like them. The point of his character arc is that he will learn how to deal with this. But even that will depend on some of the choices the player makes.
He is not in any way a good person, but that doesn't mean he can't be nice. He is definitively an evil character. The only factor on being nice or not is how much he likes someone.

If you have any other question, please ask.

Last edited:

rspkers

Sep 20, 2017
Yeah, I come here all the time to answer people. I'll do my best to answer you.

Yes, I'm aware I need someone to do proofreading for me. But these things cost, and it is not like I am getting much at the moment. From time to time, I do read older scenes and try my best to fix older content. I did some proofreading on chapter 1, but that will only show up on version 0.4 (released yesterday).
If you don't feel like fixing it yourself, but still want to help, you could send me any phrase you think sounds weird, and I will rephrase them.

About the MC. Other people have asked me the same. I try to make subtle, but he is not human. Some might even say he is a monster (Some people have theories on this, maybe they are right, maybethey aren't). And one that has a bunch of reasons to hate on humans and humanoids in general (more on that will be revealed later). He arrives at this place, and the only thing he wants is to leave. Only after staying with these people for some time that he learns to like them. The point of his character arc is that he will learn how to deal with this. But even that will depend on some of the choices the player makes.
He is not in any way a good person, but that doesn't mean he can't be nice. He is definitively an evil character. The only factor on being nice or not is how much he likes someone.

If you have any other question, please ask.
I feel like I have to comment on this. I don't get where people are coming up with this idea that he's an asshole. Personally I don't find him to be an asshole at all. In fact, a few of the characters are unnecessarily hostile to him and he handles it pretty well. He's been pretty accommodating, has offered to leave if there's any issues, provided food and protection, everything has made perfect sense. He's a pragmatic, proactive protagonist, and not every MC needs to be this cringey fedora tipping "How may I serve you, m'lady?" nice guy that curls up into the fetal position and starts apologizing profusely when someone is mad at him. Just my two cents, but I don't see any reason to change his personality, especially given he's a soldier who has seen some shit. Even moreso if he's not even human, which we don't know much about.

And that's where the issue is. When it comes to most self-insert VNs, if there's things the player doesn't know, the MC probably shouldn't know it either. Of course, you don't have to reveal everything, but why wouldn't I immediately be told that the MC isn't human from the start? If it impacts why the MC acts the way he does, I should know it so I understand the decisions he makes, and how he acts. This is where some people may be getting confused. We don't know what the MC is, so we assume him to behave like a human. Something to think about as you continue writing. You have to keep in mind most people self-insert as the MC.

Anyway, despite all this, I completely disagree that he's an asshole. We still know he's a soldier and of a higher rank and has killed many people, and is also quite powerful. Of course he's going to act distant at first. I don't really get the complaints. It makes perfect sense that he acts the way he does, and it'll make even more sense when we find out what he is.

As for feedback/criticisms, the most glaring issue is the English, but you're already well aware of that. I think the English is also part of the reason people are finding the MC to be a jerk. The survival type setting is always fun, and I like the idea of getting supplies and building your base on the island. I can't comment too much on the distinctive character personalities because of the Engrish. As a result, most of them come off as wooden, and a bit stiff. The character models could be improved, as they look very vanilla koikatsu with almost no tweaking. You really should look into mods for koikatsu so you can add more bone sliders for more freedom designing your characters. There doesn't seem to be any shaders used either. In otherwords, the story and setting are there, but the visuals and models lack polish, which it will need if you're making a koikatsu game as there are so many out there.

Best of luck, dev.

Last edited:

NocturnalDev

Game Developer
May 18, 2021
I feel like I have to comment on this. I don't get where people are coming up with this idea that he's an asshole. Personally I don't find him to be an asshole at all. In fact, a few of the characters are unnecessarily hostile to him and he handles it pretty well. He's been pretty accommodating, has offered to leave if there's any issues, provided food and protection, everything has made perfect sense. He's a pragmatic, proactive protagonist, and not every MC needs to be this cringey fedora tipping "How may I serve you, m'lady?" nice guy that curls up into the fetal position and starts apologizing profusely when someone is mad at him. Just my two cents, but I don't see any reason to change his personality, especially given he's a soldier who has seen some shit. Even moreso if he's not even human, which we don't know much about.

And that's where the issue is. When it comes to most self-insert VNs, if there's things the player doesn't know, the MC probably shouldn't know it either. Of course, you don't have to reveal everything, but why wouldn't I immediately be told that the MC isn't human from the start? If it impacts why the MC acts the way he does, I should know it so I understand the decisions he makes, and how he acts. This is where some people may be getting confused. We don't know what the MC is, so we assume him to behave like a human. Something to think about as you continue writing. You have to keep in mind most people self-insert as the MC.

Anyway, despite all this, I completely disagree that he's an asshole. We still know he's a soldier and of a higher rank and has killed many people, and is also quite powerful. Of course he's going to act distant at first. I don't really get the complaints. It makes perfect sense that he acts the way he does, and it'll make even more sense when we find out what he is.

As for feedback/criticisms, the most glaring issue is the English, but you're already well aware of that. I think the English is also part of the reason people are finding the MC to be a jerk. The survival type setting is always fun, and I like the idea of getting supplies and building your base on the island. I can't comment too much on the distinctive character personalities because of the Engrish. As a result, most of them come off as wooden, and a bit stiff. The character models could be improved, as they look very vanilla koikatsu with almost no tweaking. You really should look into mods for koikatsu so you can add more bone sliders for more freedom designing your characters. There doesn't seem to be any shaders used either. In otherwords, the story and setting are there, but the visuals and models lack polish, which it will need if you're making a koikatsu game as there are so many out there.

Best of luck, dev.
I think people get the idea that he is an asshole because he is cold (hehehe). He has a bunch of bad traits, liar, manipulative, and others (he has good traits too). I think that when he arrives, everyone is suspicious of him, and with valid reasons. I don't plan on changing his personality to a fedora tipping pushover. What I meant is that he will actually start caring for these people, and start sharing things with them, telling the truth, protecting them (Depending on the player choices). I did made the other characters also start warming up to him, once they saw he wasn't up to something shady. Based on the context, I believe everyone's action make sense based on what they know.

Yeah, I know people self-insert as the MC. I needed to make a choice when making this character, and I choose to not make a character at the start of his journey, but someone with experience and old. I have a bunch of background information about each character I wrote (even character sheets for some), that I use to decide how they act, what they do, or what they know. I could have given the player this information from the start, but that could make the start heavy on exposition. I preferred to go straight to the story, and make both the MC and the LIs a mystery. Revealing more about them was supposed to intrigue the player, and incentive people to theorize about them, talk about the game, make questions an so on. Even if I don't reveal that he is not human from the start, in the first scene we already have some hints about stuff that is weird about him. He is planning on hiding that he doesn't to eat often, we are shown that he doesn't need to sleep in the first day, and other things. One of my friends that help me test it actually said little after starting that this MC wasn't human.

I'm already thinking about getting someone to help me with proofreading. Perhaps this will change how people see things.

On Koikatsu, I have been using the Repacks, they come with a bunch of mods. They add a bunch of options, but I'm not really that experienced with Koikatsu, so I can see how my characters may seem generic. I'm always messing with the char maker, and I hope the next characters added to the game will look better.

Thanks for the feedback, these always help me improve.

Reactions: rspkers

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I feel like I have to comment on this. I don't get where people are coming up with this idea that he's an asshole. Personally I don't find him to be an asshole at all.
I think people get the idea that he is an asshole because he is cold (hehehe). He has a bunch of bad traits, liar, manipulative, and others (he has good traits too).
He comes across as hostile because he is rather egotistical and calculating. Especially in the beginning. For things he find important he refuses to listen to others and it is his way or nothing. And when arguing why they should do it his way he uses guilt-tripping too often. It almost becomes "Hey, I've saved you a bunch of times so now you guys should do as I say".

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
Secret Island [v0.3.7] Unoffcial Android Port + Danv's WT Mod

- 260mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Android Port Updated..

NocturnalDev

Game Developer
May 18, 2021
He comes across as hostile because he is rather egotistical and calculating. Especially in the beginning. For things he find important he refuses to listen to others and it is his way or nothing. And when arguing why they should do it his way he uses guilt-tripping too often. It almost becomes "Hey, I've saved you a bunch of times so now you guys should do as I say".
Yes, those are good points. He has this idea that he knows what is best, and refuses to listen to other people. But I believe that in the point that we are now he is starting to take other people opinion in consideration more, or even just asking what they think or want. He has some problems with authority too, and that makes him question Claire a lot at the start.

There are a bunch of characters from games and movies (and even people I know) that I like to use as a base to some aspects of his (and others) personality. For example, the way he behaves towards the others remembers how Joel and Ellie started in TLoU. He doesn't trust them, but as they learn from each other, things change. There is a variable 'affection' that I keep track that represents no just the girl's affection towards the MC, but his affection towards them. In the last scene of chapter 4 another character actually pushes him to realize that he doesn't treat the others as equals, even if it wasn't the intention of said character.

Reactions: bacienvu88

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Yes, those are good points. He has this idea that he knows what is best, and refuses to listen to other people. But I believe that in the point that we are now he is starting to take other people opinion in consideration more, or even just asking what they think or want. He has some problems with authority too, and that makes him question Claire a lot at the start.
I agree. I see it as he only cares about the opinions of people he care about. In the beginning he didn't care about them, but now he has started to care. He still doesn't care about any other people on the island though.

NocturnalDev

Game Developer
May 18, 2021
I agree. I see it as he only cares about the opinions of people he care about. In the beginning he didn't care about them, but now he has started to care. He still doesn't care about any other people on the island though.
True, you're right. I don't think he would give half a fuck about the other people on the island, but he wouldn't just hunt them down without a reason either. This may be a cycle that repeats anytime he meets someone new. But based on some players choices, this may change. He may become more open to new people, or strangers in general.

Reactions: bacienvu88

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
True, you're right. I don't think he would give half a fuck about the other people on the island, but he wouldn't just hunt them down without a reason either. This may be a cycle that repeats anytime he meets someone new. But based on some players choices, this may change. He may become more open to new people, or strangers in general.
Yeah, he has compassion for people unless they become his enemies. This can be clearly seen with his interactions with the mermaid (although maybe he has more compassion for non-humans?).

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes