VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Secret Summer [v1.0 Epilogue] [SuperWriter]

1. 5.00 star(s)

thebowkid

I only played one full route and skimmed through the others, but it was everything I expected from a complete story and had a satisfying conclusion to the one I cared about the most, which was the stepmother's story. Would definitely recommend it since there is a good mix between character development and sex scenes.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Newi31

A "coming home" and "get-to-know" type with your mom, stepmom and 3 sisters.

The characters are cuties with their own distinctive personality and arc. The most memorable for me is probably Norah: the sweet, southern ginger mom whose carpet does match the drapes. You can go for a harem and you're heavily encouraged to do so. Out of misplaced gallantry I did playthroughs with one girl at a time, but that way it skips a lot of content and feels barebones.

The story is about the MC worrying about each of the girls and wanting them to live a more fulfilled life. Unfortunately even if you sex up all the girls and get the most content it feels rushed... even with the mod that glues epilogues to the base game. The epilogues are just a quick summary of what happened after through flashbacks, and potentially adds a sudden baby with Norah and/or Irene.

The dialog flows well giving the characters a relatable feel.

The sex scenes are both good and bad. The dialog is good, but then some angles are off. And it's a bummer you pretty much only get one penetrative scene per girl before the summer is over and the game ends.

Recommended if you like the genre. It has above average graphics and personable gals. Just don't expect too much from the ending.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Crazia

Overall Rating: 4.5 stars

I found this game to be thoroughly enjoyable within its kinks, with a lot of pleasant surprises. Irene is probably the biggest standout for me and actually had a really crafted arc that was unexpected and engaging.

There's not a whole lot of resistance or conflict with respect to how the romances progress, and falls more into the territory of the main-character-with-the-magnetic-personality/penis-that-everyone-can't-help-but-fall-in-love-with type of game. It navigates that familiar ground really well in my opinion, and most of the characters feel distinct and decently written. I'll add that I only played the harem path of the game.

I felt like the build-up of this game was done well, but the game would have benefitted from a longer final act. For certain characters the full scenes are very late in the game, and you may only get one before the epilogue. A few more scenes with each of the girls would have been appreciated and would have really elevated the game to a superlative level. In spite of this, I'm choosing to rate this game five stars because of how I enjoyed it relative to other games on this site in a similar category.

This game does a lot of things well, namely character and pacing through the majority of the game. The plot isn't anything to write home about but the actual writing is fairly engaging and keeps the story from dragging or plodding along. There are a lot of general areas that could be improved but it shows potential for future releases from the dev.

Finally, having a game that's completed and fairly satisfying is a rare thing, so that's a hat tip and worth something.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

MajorDeity

I agree with the general sentiment of most of the reviews in here. It is a solid above average game with a few pleasant surprises. I played it with full intent on pursuing each family member individually and though that does work there are drawbacks, The individual endings are not, in my opinion, nearly as fleshed out and seem extra short when compared to the harem path. The most pleasant surprise in this was Irene, who I had no intention of pursuing at all, but more than any of the other story branches hers was the most compelling and actually changed my mind entirely. So aces for that.

I would also note that the story would have benefited from having a little less "everyone basically accepts incest"

Teal Deer
    ++Renders are great and the girls look wonderful
    ++Story for most of the game is solid and well told (Even pulls some heartstrings occasionally)
    -No animations, not a huge deal but a small minus.
    -Models pretty much wear the same thing the whole time.
    -Most individual endings feel a little too "rushed wrap up"

Overall worth playing and solid.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

geluadelu

Overall decent game.

Female models are good with the ambience renders being acceptable, girls get different sets of clothing which is interesting.

Definitely not a stay-for-the-plot experience with many absurd, coincidential and fan-service situations that made me crack up a couple of times. In spite of that the characterization of the girls is sufficiently different so it doesn't feel dull interacting with each other.

Lewd scenes are okay, not the best out there but they do the job just fine. Could use better rendering or animation loops but nothing that can't be fixed with a little imagination.

The lack of sound is something very out of the ordinary, especially for lewd scenes, but to be honest it isn't really that important when pretty titties and faces is what you're looking for.

The game has an unique style of writing, very light-hearted even when situations seem dire. I recommend playing with the mod since many choices don't make a lot of sense with their respective outcomes.

Length of the game is fine for what it offers, definitely room for improvement but worth to try.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

NeoEros

Like everyone said, Secret Summer is a very decent vanilla harem game to play. The incest theme is played out smoothly even though sometimes it looks like the girls basically throw themselves onto you. The character models of the MGs are one of the best features of the game, and their character arcs are all special in their own (my favorite would always be Irene. Cucking your stupid father who doesn't care shit about you and your families and knocking her up might be the hottest thing in the game). The story is mostly ok for a simple harem adventure, although some dialogues are still a bit boring that I sometimes need to skip them.
    Overall a pleasant improvement from the dev' previous game Picture Perfect (there're tons of crossovers between the two games. I highly recommend you at least get familiar with the basic concepts/relationships of the previous game before trying this one). It's not memorable like the other amazing harem-themed game but still worth playing.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

GoodGamesMakeMeSadAtEnd

i think the 4 stars fits well in this game, pretty generic harem game, the only thing closer to be amazing is the girls, with the game beeing kinda short and having 5 girls the lewd part of the story is kinda bad, at some point they all know your interest for them but they dont love you, and you don't "corrupt" them, is basically "you are a good guy lets have sex" especially zoe.
    overall: worth playing, has good content and is not long, but you not blow your mind
  8. 4.00 star(s)

Amon617

Pretty decent game with good enough pace.
    Good ol' ''Coming Back Home'' story. Women are hot. Art was really good.

Ending felt rushed. Some scenes and stuff happened off-screen. (Not cool dude!)

Addition of sounds and animations and little better ending can make this game a lot better.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Bugbear32

A solid game with decent characterization, great renders, and a fine pace. Unfortunately, it succumbs to too many tropes to truly be great. If this were the first or second erotic game I had ever played, I would think it was the greatest thing ever, but it simply didn't offer anything that I hadn't already seen a dozen times elsewhere and the storyline was engaging enough to keep me entertained for a while but not all the way to the end.
  10. 2.00 star(s)

hajka

Disappointed with the story and how choices can abruptly end the game, especially early on before you really save leading to remaking all the character relationships again. The characters feel flat and attracted to the MC for no apparent reason
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Eunoian

I really enjoyed this game. Unique characters with good development.

In terms of gameplay, this is very much a visual novel. The choices effect some routes/outcomes, but this game is mostly meant to be enjoyed for the story and renders.

Having been following it for some time, I feel there is still plenty of potential yet to be explored. I certainly hope the sequel gets made. It almost feels like the first act or half-way mark in the story. Avoiding spoilers, the ending does satisfy in a "that makes sense" kind of way.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

Cussstom

It would be a 5 star from me if not typical harem things - gigantic unrealistic mc's cock and female characters don't mind that mc with relationships with all of them together.

Other than that - graphics, models and writing with high quality. Characters have unique personalities and background stories, female characters don't jump on mc's cock right away. Routes feels a bit incomplete, only Irene's route feels finished.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

Uncommon Sense

Pros: The Models and characters for me is what pulled me in, the story in the beginning made you want to become a supporter. The personalities of the ladies in SS was another plus for me.

Cons:
    The problem I have with this game is the same ones I have with all of the games from this Dev. You start to expect one thing and end up getting the other. Similar to the feels I get from another Dev, everything always feels rushed no matter what. PP was the same way, there's no real depth to these stories. Not enough time for me to spend with my favorite characters. Someone made a joke that this Dev hate sex scenes, I don't know if I agree with that but this game could've used more of them.
  14. 2.00 star(s)

alexmasters83

This game has a great start, and that's why it's getting two stars instead of one. But as it goes on it feels like the creator loses interest in the game and just want to get to the very rushed feeling epilogue.

Too many scenes in this game happens off camera. Your first anal scene with one partner happens off camera, as does your first blowjob from another. Reading "and we had had sex many times" without showing it just doesn't do it for me.

Finally there are some weird scenes where the creator wants to cross promote their other games, which just feel really awkward and forced.

TLDR: Starts great, but quickly loses its way
  15. 3.00 star(s)

Xazz

Played the Harem path on v1.0Ep. and my final thought is that its a pretty good game, a bit above average.
    As in previous games renders are good and the models are solid as well. A nice touch as well is that girls from the other dev's games are present.
    Story is ok though sub-plots with Zoe and Coral seemed kinda meh.
    Still no animations so this kinda sucks and there is no BGM either.
    A nice improvement in immersion compared to the previous game is that the story flows smoothly into the epilogue. There isnt a window that tells u OK! now pick path.
    Definitely recommended and cant wait for SS2.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

Rundmck

It's fine and inoffensive. Some sections you'll like, some you'll find tedious to read. Another writing job where the attempts to showcase familiarity comes off as trite. The sex scenes are sparse with each girl getting one to fill the quota and nothing much in the way of variety. Rushed resolution. But yeah, you won't hate playing through this one.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

felicemastronzo

Secret Summer [v1.0 Epilogue] [SuperWriter]

A good step forward for the author

I see improvements in every aspect: in character aesthetics (which was already good anyway), in character development, all of which are interesting

what is missing from the fifth star?

more courage in exploiting the taboo of incest, if no one has a problem with it it's as if it wasn't there, a mother who doesn't have a problem with it is just any MILF, and likewise a sister who can't wait to have sex with her brother is more of a roommate than a sister

and then it takes animation....

anyway a nice game, recommended
  18. 3.00 star(s)

Seewolf

Latest version & Epilogue

Secret Summer unfortunately falls short in the end for several reasons.

There is neither sound nor animations, which isn’t my main point of criticism, because I can live with these shortcomings.

In general the game takes a slow pace, sex scenes weren’t rushed in the beginning and the devs put a lot of effort into the character-building resulting in love interests, which feel unique enough.

But somewhere in the mid-game the plot became more illogical. Everyone being so relaxed about the mc’s confession dating all of the family including Irene on top (harem ending path) seemed forced.
    Of course harem lovers dislike mutual exclusive decisions and don’t want to lose any of the love interests in the game. But the story to make that happen seemed implausible. For me the writing failed on that part and could have been much better.
    Apart from that, the writing is ok for most parts, although there are contradictions like during the first shower scene, the mc compliments his mother for her skin. She replies, that she doesn’t use lotions with all their chemical ingredients, but believes in a healthy diet and such, while later in the game the mc compliments his mom again for her soft skin during the massage scene, when she suddenly replies, that she uses a lot of lotions. It only seems minor, but really such contradictions shouldn’t happen, if players actually take the time to read the dialogues, instead of skipping them for most parts in order to jump quickly to the naughty scenes. Another example of rather bad writing were the confessions of both elder sisters being virgins, who used the exact same line of text for that.

Obviously there are missing sex scenes. Despite having a harem path there isn’t a single ffm or orgy scene in the game. Furthermore the mc doesn’t have vaginal sex with 3 of the love interests in the game until the epilogue. F.e. the mc’s mother only has got a handjob scene and one of the sisters, Zoe, only got a teasing scene before the end, that’s it. Their sex scenes happen during the epilogue, which then lacks build-up.

Therefore the ending seems to be rushed. Also only two of the women are impregnated (the milfs) in the epilogue, despite having unprotected sex with the others, too, if the player chooses to do so.

The character models are beautiful and diverse enough, despite them being family. But there are shortcomings as well:
    Coral f.e. the youngest sister doesn’t look realistically with her enlarged manga style eyes. It’s partly a problem of daz, offering many unrealistically looking 3d models representing teenagers, especially concerning their faces, but as a game designer I would have simply picked another, more realistically looking genesis model for a teenage girl. These exist, too, but are rarer. Still partly daz is to blame for offering that many unrealistically looking not of legal age models.
    Then there is Irene, the platin blonde bombshell from Portugal. She doesn’t look Portuguese at all, sorry. Even if she's supposed to be fake blonde, she’s way too tall for a Mediterranean woman, towering the mc’s mom and most of the cast. She also seriously lacks tan for deriving from the Mediterranean. Making her background Northern, Central or Eastern European would have made much more sense concerning her looks, instead of making her Southern European. Her parents look fine by the way, tanned and dark haired which fits into their supposed ethnic background, but the daughter somehow looks like a Swedish supermodel out of some old Norse sagas. You can only blame the devs for such bs.

The scene design also lacked effort at least partly. There was f.e. a camping scene out in the woods with Leanne. A daz model of a medieval tent and medieval furniture was used in that scene, which I found quite confusing. There was also a bathing scene during that trip into the forest with Leanne, but instead of a forest lake as background an ocean beach was used, which felt really odd.

I don’t want to sound too harsh, but all in all Secret Summer is a mediocre game, which is unfortunate, because I do like the harem and pregnancy kink. The shortcomings are just too many to give it a 4 star rating. Therefore I can only give 3 stars.
  19. 3.00 star(s)

Schrödinger1801

Plot: Really good tbh, nothing rushed at the beginning of the game. 8/10
    Scenes: The quantity is not good and the quality... 4/10
    General: Good game to pass time even though its not that short, if you want to play this game for the scenes than DONT do it, not worth your time, if you want to read a story than yeah, a good choice.
  20. 2.00 star(s)

Ruykiru

This game has excellent writing and some of the models are pretty but that's literally it.

No sound at all, no animations (this wouldn't be an issue if there were more scenes and angles but the game is severely lacking on that department), rushed endings, weird character development that has some silly excuses and suspiciously convenient events that don't fit the story and characters at all just to keep the relationships advancing, most scenes feel so disconnected from each other and they don't follow a clear timeline, worthless buildup by doing a 180 every single time and going from some kissing to sex in 2 scenes somehow... I dunno man, this is a bit of a mess...