Unity Abandoned Secret Survey [v11/07/22 Test] [Salt bake]

3.70 star(s) 7 Votes

misakik1

Jan 14, 2020
I tried the game just now, knowing full well that it's abandoned. However, I'm surprised at how well-made this game is, even in its current state. Most game mechanisms are here, looking at the test stage, there are a good number of variations for both weapons and costumes. Although the UI is very primitive, the hard parts are basically all done.

The very last post on the developer's blog suggests that he's behind the release schedule and decided to wrap it up and release the game, and anything missing would be added in future updates. Sadly, that didn't happen, and it's been a year since the author made any public updates. That doesn't necessarily mean anything bad happened to him though, Japanese people tend to be anonymous online, especially when it comes to people who make lewd games. It's no news that people who make this kind of stuff suddenly disappear online, and maybe they'll resurface years later. I really hope this guy will come back and finish the game.

As for the game itself, maybe there's no point complaining about an abandoned game, but I really feel it's not very well-balanced. I run out of ammo so quickly, partially because the aiming system seems off, hardly managed to clear the first level, then got stuck at the beginning of level 2 (can't move, can't do anything, might have something to do with me pressing some button while the level transition happens). That being said, this one is definitely one of the best 3D shooters out there even in the current state.

DocRipper

Dec 27, 2021
I tried the game just now, knowing full well that it's abandoned. However, I'm surprised at how well-made this game is, even in its current state. Most game mechanisms are here, looking at the test stage, there are a good number of variations for both weapons and costumes. Although the UI is very primitive, the hard parts are basically all done.

The very last post on the developer's blog suggests that he's behind the release schedule and decided to wrap it up and release the game, and anything missing would be added in future updates. Sadly, that didn't happen, and it's been a year since the author made any public updates. That doesn't necessarily mean anything bad happened to him though, Japanese people tend to be anonymous online, especially when it comes to people who make lewd games. It's no news that people who make this kind of stuff suddenly disappear online, and maybe they'll resurface years later. I really hope this guy will come back and finish the game.

As for the game itself, maybe there's no point complaining about an abandoned game, but I really feel it's not very well-balanced. I run out of ammo so quickly, partially because the aiming system seems off, hardly managed to clear the first level, then got stuck at the beginning of level 2 (can't move, can't do anything, might have something to do with me pressing some button while the level transition happens). That being said, this one is definitely one of the best 3D shooters out there even in the current state.
Well, I agree. This game is basically half-done. The basic functions works fine. It would be enough if the community would finish some maps/levels for the story mode + some final boss and it's actually done (for rating: average game).
About ammo...
It depends on the difficulty. I didn't have a problem most of the time, you have to search every corner and aim for the head and preferably from a very short distance...But it could use some adjustment.
I see more of a problem with the running, it's still pretty slow.
And that jumping sound/voice effect is great.:)
I don't even know about the "level 2 stuck bug", it hasn't happened to me. But anyway..level 2 is unfinished, there is nothing there, just one zombie at the beginning, otherwise empty map.

misakik1

Jan 14, 2020
Well, I agree. This game is basically half-done. The basic functions works fine. It would be enough if the community would finish some maps/levels for the story mode + some final boss and it's actually done (for rating: average game).
About ammo...
It depends on the difficulty. I didn't have a problem most of the time, you have to search every corner and aim for the head and preferably from a very short distance...But it could use some adjustment.
I see more of a problem with the running, it's still pretty slow.
And that jumping sound/voice effect is great.:)
I don't even know about the "level 2 stuck bug", it hasn't happened to me. But anyway..level 2 is unfinished, there is nothing there, just one zombie at the beginning, otherwise empty map.
Well, you're right. I saw 5 stages in the test mode entrance and falsely assumed the game already had 5 levels done. In reality, only stage 1 is somewhat finished, and stage 2 is just an empty shell. Well, that explains why the author wasn't able to release the game on schedule because he was very behind, and it would take more than a few days to fill 5 levels, maybe that's the reason why he has chosen to disappear. With this information, I'm not looking forward to this guy coming back to finish this project any time soon. It's really a shame, since all the monsters already have their animation done, just need to put them together. Maybe he'd be better off teaming up with someone to actually make the game / write the story, so he can focus on programming and putting the systems together.

I know I'm supposed to do headshots, but it's just too hard to pull off with this broken aiming system. The bullets land neither where the crosshair points nor where the laser pointer on the gun points - I can tell by the bullet holes on the wall to the right of the crosshair. In general, it's quiet hard to get the aiming right on third-person shooters unless you know what you're doing. Otherwise, you end up with accurate aiming at some distances but drifting away at other distances. I remember it's possible to turn on a third person mode for Left 4 Dead using console commands, but the aiming is way off - even Valve failed to get it right. Can't blame them though, as the game was designed as a first-person shooter in the first place.

DocRipper

Dec 27, 2021
Well, you're right. I saw 5 stages in the test mode entrance and falsely assumed the game already had 5 levels done. In reality, only stage 1 is somewhat finished, and stage 2 is just an empty shell. Well, that explains why the author wasn't able to release the game on schedule because he was very behind, and it would take more than a few days to fill 5 levels, maybe that's the reason why he has chosen to disappear. With this information, I'm not looking forward to this guy coming back to finish this project any time soon. It's really a shame, since all the monsters already have their animation done, just need to put them together. Maybe he'd be better off teaming up with someone to actually make the game / write the story, so he can focus on programming and putting the systems together.

I know I'm supposed to do headshots, but it's just too hard to pull off with this broken aiming system. The bullets land neither where the crosshair points nor where the laser pointer on the gun points - I can tell by the bullet holes on the wall to the right of the crosshair. In general, it's quiet hard to get the aiming right on third-person shooters unless you know what you're doing. Otherwise, you end up with accurate aiming at some distances but drifting away at other distances. I remember it's possible to turn on a third person mode for Left 4 Dead using console commands, but the aiming is way off - even Valve failed to get it right. Can't blame them though, as the game was designed as a first-person shooter in the first place.
With that L4D it was not really a good example and overall mainstream big-budget production.:D With that aiming. It's not ideal, but still one of the better games. The game is overall oldschool slow-paced, so theres enough time to target everything, or chase zombies on red barrels and detonate them.
Can't crosshair affect too high resolution or some settings?
It is difficult for asian developers. If they fail, it is better to escape or pretend death ... death si better than shame. Tension was in the air in the last versions..Development continued, Preg system, Extra Mode (Survival maps), clothes..but otherwise story mode has not moved anywhere for a long time.
But, but it's a shame. ..With the feeling that it's almost done. Completed tag was very close.:(

Untrue4304

Jan 14, 2023
Cheats for latest version.
F5 - Infinite health (recovers your health to max and block any damage)
F6 - Infinite stamina (totally avoids stamina drain)
F7 - No infection (stops infection gaining, but didn't stop after scene with enemy)
F8 - Clear Infection (clear infection bar, didn't tested properly, maybe only visual)
F9 - Infinite ammo
F10 - God mode (avoids any damage, except groping)

+ A lot of money, game save not affects on this

Installation:
Just place Assembly-CSharp.dll from archive into SecretSurvey_Test_Data/Managed and agree for replacement

Untrue4304

Jan 14, 2023
There's an infection bar?
Yep. After sex scene and climax in default game (not extra) there will be a dark purple gauge from right side of the health bar. And that gauge will rise until it fill the health bar and then you'll lose.

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
Was version 220711 (posted in the OP) the last version before the dev disappeared, or did someone post a more recent one?

dw9000

Nov 27, 2017
are there any other games like this one? I'm aware of Giant Insect Lab and Breed Laboratory. Idk why, but I really enjoy games like these three
Could try BIOASSHARD its basically identical, but shame that this one wasn't finished (abandoned) it was pretty well made.

3.70 star(s) 7 Votes