VN Ren'Py Secrets of Sorcery [v0.23.0 Public] [Habardgames]

3.50 star(s) 10 Votes

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I love this game but man... some updates just feel completely pointless... "haha gifts" "bubye" "snow!" "hi" "fuck my foot pussy" "end"...

bjpm

Jun 29, 2022
So, I just made this quick edit to the script on a few areas to make a sort of "incest patch" by removing any "biological" references, ophan references, and"parents". I am going about it as "instead of orphan, your mom is the only one there, instead of missing parents, its a missing father only". I probably missed something since I have not read the whole script but anybody can make edits to it if they please.

Just replace the file inside the game folder.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
So, I just made this quick edit to the script on a few areas to make a sort of "incest patch" by removing any "biological" references, ophan references, and"parents". I am going about it as "instead of orphan, your mom is the only one there, instead of missing parents, its a missing father only". I probably missed something since I have not read the whole script but anybody can make edits to it if they please.

Just replace the file inside the game folder.
I've said this before, despite my love of incest it makes absolutely no fucking sense in this game, the entire story is predicated on them not being related as revealed later in the story. You do you, but your attempts are always going to create a really jarring inconsistency later in the story.

Spoilered explanation:
The MC doesn't have any parents, he's a crafted person to play host to the soul of an aging sorcerer, a biological doll for him to transfer his soul into, he was stolen/rescued by his 'mom'.

bjpm

Jun 29, 2022
Thank you for the info, although I probably will never get to that point of the story since I am not that invested in it. I think it can be helpful for those who just want the make the incest actually incest and are not very involved in the story, which is the case for me.

Fuku95

Jul 27, 2023
Another game with no actual incest? I saw one on itchio that actually had incest. Though, I think it got de-indexed from itchio, but at least I was able to find it again on LC (you cant link this place on f95, its their rival). I played it for a bit, so I know it's not bullshitting about the incest part.

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I really enjoyed playing this game. I have played all of the main events and even a few scenes not mentioned in the Main Events. I would have found it very difficult without the Wiki, although I was getting better at not using it towards the end of 0.19.5. Looking forward to the next update.
Personally, it's very annoying for me to have to go to the wiki all the time to see what needs to be done. A good hints system and indications of where the events are would be much better than that and would significantly improve the game. The story was interesting, but having to search the wiki for the next step was enough to make me leave the game.

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
Personally, it's very annoying for me to have to go to the wiki all the time to see what needs to be done. A good hints system and indications of where the events are would be much better than that and would significantly improve the game. The story was interesting, but having to search the wiki for the next step was enough to make me leave the game.
I'd say most of it is fine but the one that really grinds my gears are events that only trigger on friday with a specific person, and in a similar vein, the event with Sumi you need to trigger by calling for her on a specific day or you're stuck on handjobs.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I'd say most of it is fine but the one that really grinds my gears are events that only trigger on friday with a specific person, and in a similar vein, the event with Sumi you need to trigger by calling for her on a specific day or you're stuck on handjobs.
In my case there came a time when I got tired of looking for what I had to do on the wiki. The story was very good, but I also thought it was better to leave the game and look for another one that was less cumbersome to play.

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
In my case there came a time when I got tired of looking for what I had to do on the wiki. The story was very good, but I also thought it was better to leave the game and look for another one that was less cumbersome to play.
Just do what I did, set everyone's affection and lust (if applicable) to 100, using URM, then it's just a matter of actually encountering the event by choosing and then rewinding if no new event and choosing another, thankfully there is not many (there is at least 1 that I stumbled upon) events that trigger on specific day (friday, for example), so, it's just wastes a bit of time, but not really that bad once you get used to it.

Really, this game should've been kinetic VN. Pretty much every novel with "free roam" should be kinetic. I see no positives in this outside of wasting player's time and lowering the difficulty of writing, since there is no need to write the encounter initialisation, since player initiated it himself. At least some sort of exclamation mark on event that trigger story forward would be real helpful.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Just do what I did, set everyone's affection and lust (if applicable) to 100, using URM, then it's just a matter of actually encountering the event by choosing and then rewinding if no new event and choosing another, thankfully there is not many (there is at least 1 that I stumbled upon) events that trigger on specific day (friday, for example), so, it's just wastes a bit of time, but not really that bad once you get used to it.

Really, this game should've been kinetic VN. Pretty much every novel with "free roam" should be kinetic. I see no positives in this outside of wasting player's time and lowering the difficulty of writing, since there is no need to write the encounter initialisation, since player initiated it himself. At least some sort of exclamation mark on event that trigger story forward would be real helpful.
Ok, thanks, I'll try doing it like this.

Reactions: Vizer007

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
SecretsOfSorcery-0.20.5
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
So, while this game is currently HOT (but not so hot) I'd thought I'd take some of my spare time to review this game, to let you all know if it's worth it or not. I don't think I'm gonna actually play the whole game, these are just my first impressions.

PROS:

• MC looks kind of cute (Even though he's a generic Sousuke I can see some effort was put in)
  • INCEST!!! LETS FUCKING GOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Cute cats!!
  • Game has a skip option thank god (I just can't bother to read through the story, it sucks)
  • Game appears to be free roam (I like free roaming/sandbox games) :D

CONS:
  • Eye bleeding UI
  • Didn't even bother to change the preferences, about, help, save and load screens
  • Strange font choice
  • Bland looking logo probably made in MS Paint (what makes a game's graphical interface good is it's logo!)
  • Main music is cringy Kevin Macleod music (that's for cringy YouTube videos, not cringy Koi games made in Ren'Py!!!)
  • Music is probably just some 2013 Bensound music (there are so many games that use the generic free Bensound Music damn it!)
  • is that... iMOVIE MUSIC?????
  • While some of the characters have big boobs, their waists weren't adjusted (I don't know why people make the tits big but not the waist)
  • Characters use the default Koikatsu poses (Like there's so many custom poses and making your own is easy with IK, like damn)
  • Girls look like presets and the dev looks like they didn't even spend any effort to change them
  • Boring school setting as usual
  • Also set in Japan, pretty overused imo
  • Just put the fuckin' game in an RPA file, man (or several)
  • Bland textbox and dialogue
  • Looks like the dev didn't even bother to change their facial expressions
  • Some sentences lack proper capitalization
  • Lacks good effects for scenes (Colored shadows, depth of field, bloom)
  • Some parts of the map are pretty dark while the sky is bright
I'm probably going too in depth for cons but HOLY HELL there's too many.

Moral of the story: don't play this game. Even those shitty Gacha Life mini movies were more decent than this.
Kinda sounds to me, Imo, that the DEV is just lazy or sloppy. No Imagination; No real effort taken.
(If He was cooking, Just throw in a bunch of ingredients, meat & veggies and HOPE you come up with something Edible.)

I Have already played this once before, an earlier version (not sure which one);
but thought it was Okay enough to try again, after waiting for a few more updates.

Last edited:

Noxen

Sep 25, 2022
Secrets of Sorcery [v0.20.5 Public] [Habardgames] - Compressed

Original Size: ~1.0GB
Compressed Size: ~700MB

Win/Lin/Mac:
| |

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Crown
Reactions: Bob69

CleanJebboy

Feb 28, 2022
Guess I'm dumb, but how do you know what to do? All I get are choices and most lead to looping events I've seen many times before. I hope I'm missing something but are there hints or clues?

3.50 star(s) 10 Votes