Unity Completed Secrets of the Bastion [v0.6d] [Impy]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

arigatogyro

Jun 27, 2017
A quick recap of the progress of the the next update and what it may bring.

The other game Impy is developing; Monster Moonson is getting it's new update released towards the end of the first week of August.

Bastion V4 is scheduled for august, it's adding two new rooms: The Orc Jail and a second that is currently going through a voting phase.

The rooms in the poll are:

combine Rabbit Circus + Doll House (Puppet Theater)

combine Confession Booth + Doll House (Clockwork Booth)

combine Confession Booth + Rabbit Circus (Confession Show)

combine Confession Booth + Milk Bar (Minotaur Shrine)

combine Doll House + Summoner's Study (Haunted Study)

use the ORIGINAL Doll House

use the ORIGINAL Confession Booth

use the ORIGINAL Rabbit Circus
Lets go Puppet theater

Erick9000

Feb 18, 2018
any news?
No news for Secrets of the bastion but the other game Impy is developing just got a new update.
I posted a game download on the monster monsoon game thread.

We will probably get news for SOTB after the patch for V2 of monster monsoon gets released so around mid august.

Erick9000

Feb 18, 2018
Right now we are having a poll for how the Puppet Theater gets implemented. ( Option B it's winning)
And for the major features the poll goes like this:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: arigatogyro

Champinon

May 20, 2017
Secrets of the Bastion
Orc jail, battle dialogue and room occupant portraits are the first three features that I'm prioritizing for v4. Based on the early results of the poll, I am planning to add a variety of new events to the existing rooms, break room and audits. I will also try to add some of the first closeup illustrations. The Ring Matron will appear in the new events at Prismheart Theater, while the dolls I will be added separately in v5 along with the Minotaur Shrine.

I am still in the process of figuring out where the dialogue window in card battles will go, in order to not be intrusive. My current plan is to reorganize the menu, shrink down the temptation window and remove all but 1 or 2 of the opponent's visible chips.

New Content:

• Added a new room.
  • Made some sprites and dialogue for new events.
  • Started making portraits for all of the guests.
1661049702538.png

Reactions: Axel34

wbbee

Sep 28, 2019
So does anyone have a guide for the events
Or something like a gallery not in-game but on a site

Champinon

May 20, 2017
Secrets of the Bastion
I made portraits for every room occupant except the dungeon creatures. There's still quite a bit of work left with adding them to all the dialogue and making a few more expression variations. I'm also making assets for new events, including sprites and dialogue for the Ring Matron at Prismheart Theater.

Card battles have been updated to allow dialogue exchanges. I currently have them set up to appear in response to cards being played, opponent chips being used and temptation bar getting maxed. I will impose limits so as not to make them too spammy, and maybe limit each dialogue line to appear no more than once per game.

New Content:

• Finished most portraits for the guests.
  • Added card battle dialogue.
  • Started working on the closeup illustrations.
Other Changes:

• Opponent chips in card battles are no longer randomly chosen.
  • Instead of a board, card battle positions are shown as two pillars.
1661727235848.png

May 14, 2021
Secrets of the Bastion
I made portraits for every room occupant except the dungeon creatures. There's still quite a bit of work left with adding them to all the dialogue and making a few more expression variations. I'm also making assets for new events, including sprites and dialogue for the Ring Matron at Prismheart Theater.

Card battles have been updated to allow dialogue exchanges. I currently have them set up to appear in response to cards being played, opponent chips being used and temptation bar getting maxed. I will impose limits so as not to make them too spammy, and maybe limit each dialogue line to appear no more than once per game.

New Content:

Other Changes:

View attachment 2011302
GOOD STUFF

arigatogyro

Jun 27, 2017
Secrets of the Bastion

New Content:

Other Changes:

View attachment 2011302
when is it expected?

Champinon

May 20, 2017
Release Schedule for Secrets of the Bastion v4
Secrets of the Bastion v4 will become available for download in a pinned post on September 12th-13th

This release will be immediately available for subscribers at the $5 tier or higher. An in-game credit page included in this release will be attributed to all past and present supporters. Your names will forever remain in the credits for this game regardless of your future membership status.

Reactions: S1cK

Erick9000

Feb 18, 2018
is it today?
From Impy 12 hours ago:

Should be a little over 30 hours to go. Here are the highlights:
- At least 1 new event for each old room and a whole bunch of them for the orcs. Orcs are starting off with lewd event progression already in place for Naomi and the maids.
- Somewhere around 300 lines of dialogue for the battles.
- 2 large illustrations. They ended up looking closer in style and composition to the Summer Sweeper endings rather than the snapshots.
- Portraits for every character outside the dungeon.

For the patch I want to try finishing the break room stuff and room introductions, which are both around 30% done at the moment. Maybe a couple of new cards and some quality of life menu improvements too. I don't want to take too long with the patch since they keep pushing my release times back each time I go all out.

I've still got a lot of assembling, testing and quality control stuff to do tomorrow, but I think it's all coming together well.

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes