Ren'Py Secrets of the Family [v0.2.6BR2] [Stiffman Games]

3.80 star(s) 13 Votes

markl1717

Oct 11, 2021
Also stuck at the "What just happened" screen in the gym with Val. Can't advance any further. Also after mom witnesses kiss with Brynn, she says she'll talk to Rayne, but that never happens. Having fun with the game, but still glitchy.

Dec 2, 2020
Do you want to know what this game, Cyberpunk and Witcher 3 have in common? The fact I can run Cyberpunk on "ultra", Witcher Next gen on "uber+" and SotF is freezing in the menu. Every "update" is a huge bugfest. Every update I give this game a chance but this was the last time. This is a pure absurd. Lesbian inc.(est) is a pure gold theme but every game about it seems cursed like the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts. I really want to like this game but in sandbox form it's unplayable. VN? Maybe. I'm sorry Dev if I sound like a prick, I don't mean to mock someones passion and dedication but these words best express my opinion at this moment.

andydany

Jun 3, 2017

Unlocked

Hello everyone!
So just a quick say about what is going on...
I have found some holes in the storyline, and certain triggers did not happen because of either mis-spellings or I needed to finish the scenes where the bubbles happen to make things happen. I actually remade some of the renders because I was not happy with them, or the camera was quite close for focus.
On the other hand, I did make new content for some of the holes, and created another event for Lynn while she is at the arcade working. WIFI is now available as well for the phone and the laptop. However, laptop is coming next update. The first part of the Brynn pool event is also being made to trigger properly after you see Angela kiss Val.
The continuation of that will be in update 2.7, and a new event for Angela and Val will be in that as well. I will be also adding a few more things to the engine, which will be secrets through-out the game. Certain actions or findings during gameplay will activate a new set of screens on the laptop.
Lana's events should be done by 2.8 and Mari's storyline will start during 2.7. Lots of work to do, so I will leave you with good feelings and have a great rest of your night. Thanks!

1 Like
And still,no bugfix....wow,just wow.

Alen Mak

Oct 26, 2018
guys, guys, pls stop complain, he will fix everything, just he is little slow (he is not a pro in programing) for that updates are A,B,C,E... and bla bla, just have some patient

FatYoda

Sep 12, 2017
I seem to be stuck at 75%. Is stage 2 available yet? Hint tells me the mother will take a shower some morning, but it's not happening. After spending the night in mom's room and she wakes me up when she's in a towel I get an error and then i'm suddenly in my room and the mom is asleep in hers. Is this where it's supposed to happen and something is wrong? Photo, playtime, and movie seem to be the last 3 things to do before stage 2 starts, but i can't get anything to trigger.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

andydany

Jun 3, 2017
guys, guys, pls stop complain, he will fix everything, just he is little slow (he is not a pro in programing) for that updates are A,B,C,E... and bla bla, just have some patient
I hope that this will happend in this life....

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020

Unlocked

Tonight is the Beta release version 1 (just in case of any major issues...)
I believe that the mac errors for the sleeping has been fixed. Let me know, and if not, I will try it on another IOS machine.
I have added more content, and also fixed the ongoing issues from the Alpha version. I have added the following:
  • Brynn can now text Rayne
  • Rayne can call Angela now.
  • Lana's first meeting is active for Rayne
  • Lynn's arcade event up until # 5 is complete and triggers properly
  • Val's pool actions have been added, increasing the event further
  • Angela has new events and will start having more next update
  • School Class has been added. Class events will be moving forward in the next update as well
  • Phone system had an update for the new val photo, and calling system.
  • Brynn has become a contact on the phone when its activated during gameplay
  • Lynn's Event at home will be activated
  • Val's Gym event has become bigger for the Brynn event
  • Shower scenes for Val and Brynn updated and added more
  • Dancing Event for Angela available
  • Clothing shop is now active if you find the credit card... HINT(Somewhere where the eyes are)
  • I have added Flora into the school scene (Only a small part) - since she has been made for the next game already. (Some have already seen the demo of that game)
[ Comment added by me]
Unfortunately there are a number of Bug Reports for this Beta.

Pantsuhunter

Jun 29, 2019
Found a couple of bugs that leads to a many of those crashes.

1st, that leads to numerous crashes through all gamеplay:
File: game\characters\CHAR_Angela.rpy
You need to change random.choices to random.sample.
The Dev used a parameter that only appeared in Pyhon since version 3.6, but the game uses 2.7, so it crashes.

2nd. In a conversation with Val, in the gym. there is a typо in the variable name:
File: \game\StageTwo\Actions\gymactions.rpy
You need to change enterenceact to entranceact.

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
Found a couple of bugs that leads to a many of those crashes.

1st, that leads to numerous crashes through all gamеplay:
File: game\characters\CHAR_Angela.rpy
You need to change random.choices to random.sample.
The Dev used a parameter that only appeared in Pyhon since version 3.6, but the game uses 2.7, so it crashes.

2nd. In a conversation with Val, in the gym. there is a typо in the variable name:
File: \game\StageTwo\Actions\gymactions.rpy
You need to change enterenceact to entranceact.
In my game folder there are only the .rpyc files so I can't edit them, could you post them or the corresponding .rpy?

Reactions: FatYoda

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
After the scene at the gym where Val sits behind Rayne and caresses her I get this error:

There are chains like this "4∆ }JF‰ê1<l\C/ƒÔpå˝Í¸ëˇ]É~}". Something went wrong at compilation?

Last edited:

Al Catz

Jun 20, 2017
You need to download UnRen and then run that from the foder where the .exe sits. Choose Option 2 to unpack the files. You can edit them using Notepad++

Reactions: Udayana

Cico1965

Jun 1, 2020
I think I found Val's bug in Gyn:
File: game\characters\CHAR_Brynn.rpy (line 617)
label brynnshower3:
if valshoweredwithbrynn1: ---------->> You need to change valshoweredwithbrynn2
jump brynnshower3 ---------->> You need to change jump brynnshower4

Let me know if it works

Last edited:
Reactions: manu1

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
You need to download UnRen and then run that from the foder where the .exe sits. Choose Option 2 to unpack the files. You can edit them using Notepad++
Thanks but UnRen doesn't run on a Mac. I managed to edit the files with Game Resources Viewer:

But I couldn't progress much because of the error I mentioned in my preceding post.

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020

Unlocked

Some newer bugs have been reported as you can see down below, that has been fixed and the newer version will be uploaded later today after I am done going through the games Stage 1. I will also see why some people can't talk to Lynn or Brynn during stage 2. Thank you to all who helped.
The code that was dormant until just now, was from the beginning of the Angela actions when I first started the game. I had thought I removed all that when I re-did the code during stage 1 to stage 2 progress.
Expect it this afternoon. Thanks!

1 Like

Wolfmots

Apr 9, 2021
Really need a gallery unlocker because there's no way we can know what unlocks what while playing this game. Frustrating as hell.

zweistein

Dec 6, 2017
Thank you, I'm putting you on the blacklist for not fixing the bugs and forcing us to fight through the same bugs again as in the old versions if you neglect the warnings from your followers, you'll sink yourself....

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020

Unlocked

This is now live. This should hopefully fix a few things:
  • Mac issues with sleeping and the random issue with the new Ventura OS
  • When going to sleep / Angela's showering events erroring out because of the old code.
Thanks for updating me on the current status and errors... Now it's time to start 2.7 and the new laptop / phone / and gallery features.
Have a great day or night! Thanks to all!

Reactions: Nobre and markl1717
3.80 star(s) 13 Votes