4.00 star(s) 6 Votes

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Wow, what a load of crap! They announce a reboot with VN in the old games branch. So I thought, I'll give it a try - and then suddenly the new game is a freeroam again with clicking on house doors? Why then actually the reboot? In the meantime, the tags here have been adjusted also, they were not there before (otherwise I would have ignored this completely). Bummer about the lost time here.

The Raven King

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2022
J.R. ,

I'm sorry if you felt somehow misled by that portion of the game. I'm not sure if it makes you feel any better about the game, but that single place is the only place in the game in which there's any free roam elements at all.

In any case, thanks for giving the game a try!

TRK

Wow, what a load of crap! They announce a reboot with VN in the old games branch. So I thought, I'll give it a try - and then suddenly the new game is a freeroam again with clicking on house doors? Why then actually the reboot? In the meantime, the tags here have been adjusted also, they were not there before (otherwise I would have ignored this completely). Bummer about the lost time here.

Reactions: Larry2000

The Raven King

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2022
Hey, Hans_

Not exactly. "Reboot" would probably be more accurate than "remake". Previously, the game was in a Sandbox format. It is now in a VN format. We chose to make that change based on player feedback from the first version of the game.

I hope you give it a chance! Thanks for asking. :)

TRK

This is a remake of a game that never came further then early access?

• Red Heart
Reactions: LUSTFER

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
J.R. ,

I'm sorry if you felt somehow misled by that portion of the game. I'm not sure if it makes you feel any better about the game, but that single place is the only place in the game in which there's any free roam elements at all.

In any case, thanks for giving the game a try!

TRK
Ok.
Don't know if these free roam parts will be used again in the future. If not, and your switch to VN is really desired, I would definitely remove that part again. Just because of that one scene the game now has the sandbox and point and click tag. But with that now both player sides are suddenly not the target audience anymore: the sandbox players, because it's not really one anymore. And the VN players, because they are scared off like me from that scene or, much worse, avoid the game now because of the game tags.

The Raven King

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2022
J.R. ,

I'm sure LUSTFER will see your comment in the thread...and if not, I'll bring it to his attention (for the record, I started to provide text and plotting for the game, beginning with Chapter 2 of the former version of the game). Thanks for your thoughts and again, for trying the game!

TRK

Ok.
Don't know if these free roam parts will be used again in the future. If not, and your switch to VN is really desired, I would definitely remove that part again. Just because of that one scene the game now has the sandbox and point and click tag. But with that now both player sides are suddenly not the target audience anymore: the sandbox players, because it's not really one anymore. And the VN players, because they are scared off like me from that scene or, much worse, avoid the game now because of the game tags.

Reactions: J.R.

The Raven King

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2022
Hey, Ive-11!

Glad you enjoyed that image! The easy answer is "play the game and find out!", but I hate that kind of answer. The truth is, "we should really update the tags". Evidently, a lot of people are getting confused by what's up there, at the moment. That's an artifact of the major revision that the game's undergone since it was first envisioned, but that's no excuse. I'll talk to LUSTFER about it when he has a spare moment.

TRK

i see maledom. but why is she crying? blackmailing her? i love it but maybe there's a missing tag?

Reactions: Ive-11

Lorric17

May 25, 2017
i see maledom :PogChamp:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
but why is she crying? blackmailing her? i love it but maybe there's a missing tag?
It's the abusive kind of maledom. In both sexual scenes the MC is given the option to do stuff to the girl, despite her not wanting to. It's too rapey for me, to be honest.

Ive-11

Sep 10, 2019
It's the abusive kind of maledom. In both sexual scenes the MC is given the option to do stuff to the girl, despite her not wanting to. It's too rapey for me, to be honest.
abusing her ehh :BootyTime:, i love it abusing girls :KEK:

• Haha

The Raven King

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2022
Hey, Lorric17!

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy that path in the chapter. I have to take the blame for that scene, as it was my idea. A lot of the themes I want to visit in Secrets revolve around giving you options to play as a "Good Guy" or a Bad Guy" (as you learn more about the MC in successive chapters, you'll come to understand why he's capable of the latter). The extreme nature of the scene allows players interested in such to follow that route.

The good news is...you can choose otherwise, if you'd like! I made sure to include a way around that, if players were interested in doing so. :)

TRK

LUSTFER

Game Developer
Dec 1, 2020
Friends,

Several months ago, Lustfer Games released Secrets of the Valley, what we hope will be the first of many games to come in the future. When we first envisioned Secrets, it was a far different game than what you see today. However, as time has gone on, our studio has grown. We now have a writer and proofreader who is a native English speaker, whose contributions have helped not only smooth out the grammar and spelling in Secrets’ text immensely, but has helped expand the scope of the game’s plot, as well. We hope that those of you who played the first version of the game will be able to notice the difference and find it to your liking.

Additionally, when it was first released to the public, the format of Secrets was that of a Sandbox game. At the time, we felt that this was the best approach to take in order to convey the type of experience we wanted to provide. However, the voice of those playing the games spoke loudly and clearly to us. The vast majority of comments made by those who’d tried the game were put off by the Sandbox nature of the game, far preferring a Visual Novel format, instead. Lustfer Games aims to make the kind of entertainment our players want to experience – and we listen closely to their desires in our games. Therefore, we have completely re-envisioned Secrets as a Visual Novel. We hope that this satisfies and pleases those of you who disliked the initial format or were reluctant to try the game because of its former nature.

What you see today is the result of the retooling of the initial release of Secrets, improved in quality with the addition of our new creative talents and expanded considerably in length as a way of rewarding those of you who have patiently awaited this release after playing our first release. We very much hope that you enjoy the game – and are sure to let us know what you think of this new iteration of the experience! We look forward to reading your comments and hope for your support – so that Lustfer Games can continue to make high quality interactive games for you in coming days!

Cheers,
Lustfer

Lorric17

May 25, 2017
The Raven King Hey, there is no blame to take. First, as you said, there is the option to not do those things and second, other people will like it for sure, such as Ive-11. No kinkshaming from here.

One thing you might want to change is the MC's thoughts on Norma, the morning after sleeping in the same bed as her. I found it strange that MC considers trying for a repeat performance when nothing happened.

LUSTFER

Game Developer
Dec 1, 2020
Hey Lorric17 ,

Thanks for noticing that, I'll take care of it. ;)

One thing you might want to change is the MC's thoughts on Norma, the morning after sleeping in the same bed as her. I found it strange that MC considers trying for a repeat performance when nothing happened.

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
Hey, Lorric17!

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy that path in the chapter. I have to take the blame for that scene, as it was my idea. A lot of the themes I want to visit in Secrets revolve around giving you options to play as a "Good Guy" or a Bad Guy" (as you learn more about the MC in successive chapters, you'll come to understand why he's capable of the latter). The extreme nature of the scene allows players interested in such to follow that route.

The good news is...you can choose otherwise, if you'd like! I made sure to include a way around that, if players were interested in doing so. :)

TRK
Believe me you did a good job we need more games with dominant MC like that keep it up (y)

• Red Heart
4.00 star(s) 6 Votes