Ren'Py Abandoned Secrets of the Valley [v0.0.3 Early Access] [LUSTFER]

Socko55

Apr 8, 2019
Is it just me or do all four girls in the banner have the same face? It's a nice face n' all but...they all look the same. Or at least the same lips.
I've noticed a lot of games are like that, but people who mention it usually get dumped on in the threads for mentioning it. I just assume that the devs for those games found a face that gets a good response from players, or a face they personally find attractive, and then make slight tweaks to it in different places to fill out the rest of their cast.

Or they're used to creating/consuming art with less detailed faces, and just forget that higher detailed CG renders make the similarities more noticeable. To use low budget anime as an example, all the Sailor Scouts from Sailor Moon have the exact same face, they just have different hairstyles and hair/eye colors.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
I wish the filter could tell whether or not the sandbox is done well. :unsure: :(
Depends on what you call "good", do you mean easy ones?
Make sure the game has the [VN] prefix if you want sandboxes with more limited gameplay mechanics.

But you can also exclude other tags like management, puzzles, combat and so on.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Engrish in the overview. -2
Hmm, redhead. +2
Good looking models in general. +4
Snot-catcher nose piercing. -5
Ugh...sandbox... -10
"Clickable" items remain on screen after transitioning to different locations (bed, computer, doors, etc). -20
First release so you have to be a little forgiving. +10

Overall I'd give it a score of -21 and : "May check out the next release to see if shit got fixed.", but hey, good luck.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
Depends on what you call "good", do you mean easy ones?
Make sure the game has the [VN] prefix if you want sandboxes with more limited gameplay mechanics.

But you can also exclude other tags like management, puzzles, combat and so on.
1. List of events, preferably with indication whether it has already been seen.
2. Indicators on the map which locations have people and potential scenes.
3. Hints about how to trigger the events.

One that springs to mind is Power Vacuum - not saying I love the game, but the sandbox doesn't irritate me too much.

Reactions: Moisan4