Ren'Py Abandoned Secrets of the Valley [v0.0.3 Early Access] [LUSTFER]

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
3 pages of comments in less than 24 hours, and terrible English in the description.....hard pass for now. Both of those mean major problems in a first release. Will see what happens later. Hope it works out.

• Sad
Reactions: Samken and LUSTFER

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
Jeez yet another VERY badly implemented grindy sandbox. There is special place in Hell for this kind of devs.
It isn't that bad - at least I didn't get any errors, and managed to see everything available (I think). The point is that the dev doesn't seem to have thought about potential issues further down the line. It will be a real PITA to retrofit the game with a sandbox support system several versions later. That is one of the reasons many games get abandoned. This has potential - the Engrish can be fixed, renders are nice, story so far gives hope that this is a game I might be interested in. I'll follow it for a few more versions and see where the dev takes it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: LUSTFER

LUSTFER

Game Developer
Dec 1, 2020
Is it just me or do all four girls in the banner have the same face? It's a nice face n' all but...they all look the same. Or at least the same lips.
First, thank you for your concern, any feedback is very welcome!

Perhaps they are related in some way, so a slight similarity in some traits. They all live in the same house where our MC is being introduced.

But the idea is that there will be several other characters in different houses and places, and these will become more and more differentiated. Each one with different stories and situations to be explored!

Reactions: Veeni and jerry03

LUSTFER

Game Developer
Dec 1, 2020
Description, This is a story about a well looking guy who runned away?
I wish I could runned away from terrible engrish
3 pages of comments in less than 24 hours, and terrible English in the description.....hard pass for now. Both of those mean major problems in a first release. Will see what happens later. Hope it works out.

Okay, I apologize for the bad English. It's obvious that it is not my main language.

Since I am just starting out, I am having to deal with it on my own, But as soon as possible I will get the support of a good translator.

Thanks for the feedback!

LUSTFER

Game Developer
Dec 1, 2020
1. List of events, preferably with indication whether it has already been seen.
2. Indicators on the map which locations have people and potential scenes.
3. Hints about how to trigger the events.

One that springs to mind is Power Vacuum - not saying I love the game, but the sandbox doesn't irritate me too much.

I know that these matters are important. I have already thought about introducing them.

Thank you! :giggle:

LUSTFER

Game Developer
Dec 1, 2020
Haha, using "father's associate" is a new way to say stepmother. Gotta love those Patreon rules.
Hahaha you got it! ;)
But, in fact, she is still an associate. Who knows what kind of business she and MC's father might be involved in?

Reactions: Veeni

LUSTFER

Game Developer
Dec 1, 2020
It isn't that bad - at least I didn't get any errors, and managed to see everything available (I think). The point is that the dev doesn't seem to have thought about potential issues further down the line. It will be a real PITA to retrofit the game with a sandbox support system several versions later. That is one of the reasons many games get abandoned. This has potential - the Engrish can be fixed, renders are nice, story so far gives hope that this is a game I might be interested in. I'll follow it for a few more versions and see where the dev takes it.
Thanks for playing! Your honest opinion helps me a lot.

As I mention on the first screen, I consider the game to be in Early Access.
As it is in early development, I still have time to think about some aspects and change some mechanics if necessary.

You may have noticed that the stats don't have a real functionality yet. They work well but are not yet determinant to trigger events.

I'm waiting for more feedbacks, if people find it annoying I might be able to remove it. The only aspect I really want to keep is the sandbox and time/affection points for triggering events.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Okay, I apologize for the bad English. It's obvious that it is not my main language.

Since I am just starting out, I am having to deal with it on my own, But as soon as possible I will get the support of a good translator.

Thanks for the feedback!
As I said, I am willing to see what happens as things develop. Your willingness to accept feedback and act on it is a very positive thing. Any game starting out has its problems, especially when it comes to language translation. Some games written by native English speakers don't have very good English in them either :LOL:

I didn't even download and try what is available now because I did not want to prejudice myself against future developments, which I expect will improve. I click "ignore thread" on games I am uninterested in so that they are "greyed out" when I do an update search. I am not doing that here because I'd like to see what happens. I will definitely keep checking as updates come out to see if it appeals to me at some point.

I wish you good luck with it, I know it is a difficult task - I considered trying to make a game at one point and realized it was beyond my skills.

comecome

May 27, 2017
Good luck with the game dev, and i think you don't need to take all comments seriously.

I see a lot of hate in messages with sandbox games, but if you see what games are more played in f95 the sandbox games stay in top10 (not all in top10 are sandbox, but more than half top 10 games are sandbox).

Good luck another time, and sorry for my engrish :geek:

Mohamedsasa

Feb 5, 2022
its cool the dev answers anyone it seems so hope you see my question friend is your game has repeatable scenes with animations?
thx in advance

Armorer

Oct 28, 2017
This is a story about a well looking guy who runned away from his old life and recently moved to his father's associate's house.

May I suggest

This is a story about a good looking guy who ran away from his old life and recently moved to his father's associate's house.

Reactions: ontach

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
If this is your first game, I think you should make it clear like in the developer notes.

Thank you and best of luck.