Ren'Py Abandoned Secrets of the Valley [v0.0.3 Early Access] [LUSTFER]

LUSTFER

Game Developer
Dec 1, 2020
Hi folks,

Dropping by to inform you all that the development of the game is going on as mentioned in the 'Dev Updapte 01' post. It's been a lot of work and it will be worth the wait!

Right now I am finishing the image renders and animations of Alison's path. I am coding the game as the scenes get ready, this way the work is accelerated and soon I will send everything ready for The Raven King to do his job (translation, adjustments and QA).

A few quick adjustments should be made and that's it! You can expect a Episode 02 (v0.0.3) soon.

Here's a sneak peek:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Feel free to follow the social networks (links in my signature) to keep up with the news.

The Raven King

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2022
Hey, all! Just wanted to provide everyone an update on the new release of Secrets.

This morning, I’m pleased to announce that I finished up the last playtesting and editing sweep for this release. As we speak, LUSTFER is tightening up a few minor details and doing a full playtest of his own. With that said, I would expect the new release to be distributed on Patreon very soon!

I realize I’m biased, but I think you guys are really going to like this one. There’s far more content in this release than in any previous version of the game — offering you much more to see, explore, and experience. The plot of our game deepens in this release too, giving players an idea of the shape of things to come.

Perhaps most importantly, as you play this version of the game, it will be apparent to you that Lustfer and I have listened to your feedback and implemented many of your suggestions, making the game a much more enjoyable experience outside the confines of its story. Keep in mind that we intend to continue to listen to you, implementing those suggestions we think best dovetail with the story we want to tell.

I’m excited! Lustfer and I are both quite proud of this one. It’s our hope that you’ll enjoy it as much as we do!

TRK

• Red Heart
Reactions: LUSTFER

Gosamr

May 6, 2021
Snot-catcher nose piercing. -5
I couldn't go out with her
Engrish in the overview. -2
Hmm, redhead. +2
Good looking models in general. +4
-> Snot-catcher nose piercing. -5
Ugh...sandbox... -10
"Clickable" items remain on screen after transitioning to different locations (bed, computer, doors, etc). -20
First release so you have to be a little forgiving. +10

Overall I'd give it a score of -21 and : "May check out the next release to see if shit got fixed.", but hey, good luck.
Every time she sneezed I'd be going to answer the door.

Mareeta

Sep 1, 2019
If find the start of sandbow games pretty frustrating because of the fact that you can't move forward with some characters and can with others make it most obvious than in classic VN.

More in general, I'm not a big fan of sandbox when you have to manage money, items, energy in general but if the game is good it's okay. So it's not a turn off in a long term, but it's probably to early for me to play.

Some girls looks good even if I'm not into noise percing. :LOL:

Good luck dev', see you in few updates.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
I have to agree with some others who are not a fan of sandbox in general. If it isn't too late, I'd strongly suggest the dev to reconsider whether they want to go ahead with sandbox or not. If sandbox is a must, the next thing to consider is whether they really want the sandbox to be so rigid with hunger/money/energy system PLUS the hourly/weekly time progression (compared to the more forgiving morning/noon/etc without any actual Monday/Tuesday time progression).

To me, such rigid sandbox is the worst type of sandbox because it's going to be empty a lot where the players simply have to skip 1 hour ahead to get into the right hour/day, and/or it'd be full of bloat where players have to repeatedly grind stats. The main problem with grinding in this kind of game is that grinding is simply clicking the same thing over and over again because there's no actual "gameplay" unlike in traditional sandbox games like GTA, Witcher, etc.

Most sandbox adult games could be converted into non-sandbox and most likely will present the story better while also being far more convenient for the players to play. Sandbox often only work rather well once the game has gone through quite a lot of development time so that the game doesn't feel empty. This can make gaining patron support to be more difficult in the early days of development, especially considering how over-saturated the market is.

Having said all that, the game itself does have enough to pique people's interest IMO. But if it stays sandbox, then I will definitely wait for quite a while before coming back. Wishing the dev all the very best.

The Raven King

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2022
Hey, mmmonsterkill!

i hate those things with a passion, atleast its a good indicator that a girl aint worth your emotional investment,a girl with a a ring there is a pump&dump angle for sure
Just wanted to chime in about this, since a few people were discussing Alison's septum piercing. You're certainly entitled to feel however you wish with regard to it...but be aware that there's actually a very specific story-based reason for that detail in the character, which will be made apparent down the road.

Sometimes, not everything is as it might seem, at first blush....

TRK

P.S.: Thanks for giving the game a chance, at least! :)

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
be aware that there's actually a very specific story-based reason for that detail in the character,
is she secretly a cow?

lol its fine i dont have to love every character and their style, just like how i dislike some fat characters in other games ill just focus on other characters, no problem, was just pointing out that i personally dont like the look and the kind of girl who wears that kind of piercing in my experience dont tend to be gf material

The Raven King

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2022
is she secretly a cow?

lol its fine i dont have to love every character and their style, just like how i dislike some fat characters in other games ill just focus on other characters, no problem, was just pointing out that i personally dont like the look and the kind of person who wears that in my experience dont tend to be gf material
Hah! No...she's not a cow! :LOL:

(Quickly and subtly deletes that part of the script)

And I totally understand what you mean, man. There's a "type" for everybody out there, for sure. I just wanted to bring up that the septum piercing is actually a plot device because that's exactly what it is -- not to change anybody's mind about it or the character in particular.

Anyway, thanks for giving the game a chance! I hope you'll continue to take the ride with LUSTFER and I. We have so much cool stuff planned for future releases!

TRK

• Red Heart
Reactions: LUSTFER

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
is she secretly a cow?

lol its fine i dont have to love every character and their style, just like how i dislike some fat characters in other games ill just focus on other characters, no problem, was just pointing out that i personally dont like the look and the kind of girl who wears that kind of piercing in my experience dont tend to be gf material
You have to have a tiny and vacuous mind if you think a septum piercing is a major indicator of someone's sexual activity. And you just might want to consider just how many you've met and never known they have one cause they use a retainer instead of the piercing when they're going somewhere they know they're gonna dead with brain damaged ppl like you who think it's their defining personality characteristic.

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
You have to have a tiny and vacuous mind if you think a septum piercing is a major indicator of someone's sexual activity. And you just might want to consider just how many you've met and never known they have one cause they use a retainer instead of the piercing when they're going somewhere they know they're gonna dead with brain damaged ppl like you who think it's their defining personality characteristic.
yes a persons fashion definately will give you hints about that person, like if someone wears a fedora for instance they probably act like you.