Unreal Engine Secrets of the Wasteland [v0.1.2.0 Public] [Blue Moon Studios]

2.60 star(s) 9 Votes
Sep 10, 2018
lol so much rage. it's censored so he can maybe get some money behind him as he develops. Maybe not the smartest business move because it's going to disinterest everyone here who are some of the people most likely to bring in money to a patreon but perhaps there is a broader market for this game in mind. If you don't want to play the demo then don't just settle down with the whinge. If it really makes you that mad then pay the 10 bucks and upload it here.

Rattanak

Jul 11, 2019
i'm on their discord server... they dev it pretty nice... now they have weapons and bigger maps... custom etc....

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
i definitely like this performance quality ratio and the texture to light weighting result :)

Pretty good calibration results in this one nice consistency ;)

Rattanak
Is it a Japanese/Chinese Dev ?
Several things are at least pretty true Asian Dev Handwriting typical ;)

Last edited:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Just for some information regarding game size or as some state “regular Unreal Engine size” as I love talking about these things. ;)

Unreal Engine games aren’t necessarily larger than other engines, what makes it large is the textures sizes. Allot of times new developers will use “4k” textures for items that does not require it. Texture file sizes is directly relatable to the pixel size of that texture and not the texture’s compression. So even if I convert a 4k texture into a jpeg and compress the life out of it it’ll still be the same 4k file size when I import it into Unreal, so you need to reduce its pixel size to say “2k”. This does degrade the quality a bit, I guess that is why most just keep it “4K”.

To give you an idea, Project Blue Moon has over 1500+ items in game with at least 4500 textures as each item usually use at a minimum 3 textures per shader, before our initial optimization the game size was 72GB, it is now “only” 28GB. I must say it is a very delegate problem to solve because if you downsize the texture you cannot upscale it afterwards. How we solved this was by storing our original textures so should we require larger textures we have it readily available.
There is much more behind this but you do good work your PQ Calibration and overall weighting is on a very high quality level
And we slowly finally also see this for more Unreal Projects happening Wild-Life is also now moving into nice PQ results :)

Your Fence result and stability is pretty perfect

Last edited:

Cyril Kain

Jun 21, 2019
came out on 3rd july no one uploading it here yet sadly
They expect people to fork out cash for uncensored versions, and nobody is paying the guy for a blur/underwear removal just to post it here. I foresee this game dying off if the dev doesn't realize his 'business idea' is a disaster. You restrict content and maybe certain features to patreons, you don't demand cash for a uncensor patch. That's low.

januar11

Sep 3, 2016
Hello,

As i see the thread pretty much died down.
If there are still people interested, here is the link for the latest version (1.12).

(13 GB!)

This is a direct link to the one from patreon, not reuploaded by me.

I am still downloading rn, so i cannot tell you what to expect.

Just FYI it SHOULD be the uncensored version.

Plvy1n

Dec 8, 2020
Hello,

As i see the thread pretty much died down.
If there are still people interested, here is the link for the latest version (1.12).

GOOGLE (13 GB!)

This is a direct link to the one from patreon, not reuploaded by me.

I am still downloading rn, so i cannot tell you what to expect.

Just FYI it SHOULD be the uncensored version.
This is the uncensored version if so, then cool.

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
Pity the V1.12 build made the game worse, rather than better. I can't even maintain 30 FPS now. And the character customization is totally broken for me, with sliders not working, color picker non-functional, etc...

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
Does any one still have the latest release DM me please

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Pity the V1.12 build made the game worse, rather than better. I can't even maintain 30 FPS now. And the character customization is totally broken for me, with sliders not working, color picker non-functional, etc...
You need something to write in your Changelog that something was fixed to show progress the next Update even if it is something that worked before at least something appears in the Changelog and fills it continuously ;)

Just to Crazy how these Devs can release such shit broken builds into the Public it baffles me all the time with lot of Patreon releases.
Releasing regressions you must even know of very clearly is the most craziest of things but not really uncommon for Patreon Devs.

Last edited:

Tinus Tushy

Apr 27, 2018
Yupz, bump :) Can someone reup the latest update? I'm curious as well. And is it me or does that makeshift village look like one from the first Tomb Raider reboot game xD

2.60 star(s) 9 Votes