Obsidion69

Jun 16, 2018
I'm not talking about the Dev's ability to put stuff where they want I'm talking about the Player's ability to put stuff where they want. What one person thinks is the best position for an interface buton isn't always to everyone's liking.
That's an even worse argument then cause the players ability to put stuff in spots is entirely at the developers control.

caramoore

Jun 29, 2017
That's an even worse argument then cause the players ability to put stuff in spots is entirely at the developers control.
Not with the QSP interface. The player can put the different sections (Objects, Actions, Additional Descriptions, Preview etc etc ) of the display wherever they want and at what size they want. The player can even decide what amount of information is actually displayed inside those sections too. Sure the developer ultimately decides what goes in to what section, but insofar as the sections in Girl Life are currently constituted the contents of the named sections make sense.

I reference Girl Life as it's certainly the most user friendly of the QSP games i've played, the dev's have given the player the choice to display an absolutely huge amount of background info if they so choose and because they've chosen to not use Awesomium_process the interface isn't locked by the dev at all.

jj315

Feb 15, 2018
So I kind of finished the main story line. But I looked into the content folder I found some stuff I didn't reach ingame. So maybe someone can help me out.
When clicking FAQ I can see "new acquaintance" where I only met 2 girls. 1 in the sauna and 1 after the massage event. Are there more? in the content folder there are at least 2 more.
When clicking notepad I only have pic #2 and #4. Where can I find the rest?
And last thing: There seem to be events in the nightclub. Anyone know how to trigger these? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: krkarr

Angelcrex

Jan 13, 2018
Ask Tim about the beer. At University from 12:00

I had to try a lot of times until option appeared. He will send you to other classmate, in university until 12:00, same place than Tim. He will sell you a pack. Take it to neighbour's house.
thank you

#NomeD

Apr 30, 2017
I have the same exact problem and i have tried with different saves, isn't there any way to solve this?
I can only think of starting again and don't alter anything or see if someone here has got a save they could share. I don't have one as I had to reinstall windows and lost everything.

Reactions: Songbird

Songbird

Dec 13, 2017
I can only think of starting again and don't alter anything or see if someone here has got a save they could share. I don't have one as I had to reinstall windows and lost everything.
thanks anyway, i restarted and i'm stuck as always where i have to give her flowers in the sauna, i do that but nothing happens

#NomeD

Apr 30, 2017
thanks anyway, i restarted and i'm stuck as always where i have to give her flowers in the sauna, i do that but nothing happens
Not just flowers, I think it might be the perfume or the bracelet which triggers her (give her all 3 of them), there are some helpful hints that people have posted.

Reaver

May 31, 2017
And I'm very grateful for it, don't get me wrong. Wasn't a poke at you at all! I have no problem with understanding mtl. Was more @ Reaver. Dunno if he's used to "read" (understand) mtl english. ;)
I'm happy for the hints you translated, but that one wasn't and i was using google translate... so there you have it. As for SoB by the time i started that game there was a walkthrough already. I suck at understanding mlt, to answer your question.

Reaver

May 31, 2017
i think that happens when your stats aren't high enough with that person. i had issues with the same thing and i just went way and worked on them for a week then tried again.

amd_dman

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2017
You clearly haven't played many RenPy games. There isn't a single thing in the engine which can't be moved or styled to the devs preference. Most typically don't bother cause it's not worth it but a good example would be Ben X Slave Quest; 100% custom UI. Academy34 is another good example.

As for the project you're referring to it's the Qqsp Player which they updated to support HTML5 which does include support for more modern formats but those formats depend on the base they used for the web interface. Even then it's still inferior. For example HTML5 only supports VP8 encoding for webm files which is about equal to h.264 so you might as well use an h.264 mp4, RenPy supports VP9 which is on par with h.265. HTML5 also only accepts 3 file formats for videos, none of which are the commonly used mkv file while RenPy does.

Not really, HTML is only easier than Python, especially when working with a well written library like RenPy, in the sense that Python can be a little twitchy about spaces vs tab. Also to reiterate my above point. HTML5 supports 3 video formats with 1 codec each, same is true for audio. RenPy supports no less than 5 video formats with 6 different codecs options between them including ones more advanced than supported by HTML5, and 5 audio codecs. In terms of picture formats they're fairly comparable where the only advantage HTML has is animated gif support but you can achieve the same effect with more control and options in RenPy via code. HTML5 is also more problematic in other ways in regards to things such as volume control and offers absolutely zero security of any kind.
I notice you didn't say anything about screen management. I haven't worked with RenPy in about a year but I do do Python coding almost every day at work (Senior Linux Systems Engineer). A lot of styling, tables, borders, etc can be easily laid out in HTML/CSS and changed on the fly. Also 99% of QSP games (and even RenPy games here on F95) have minimal if no audio at all,so that's a moot point. QSP also uses AVCodec (fmpeg fork) for it's video player which can be easily updated.

Any game with a heavy UI base you're gonna work 10x harder on in RenPy due to the fact button templates, border templates, window templates, icon templates *insert any image template here* is going to have to be hand crafted in your favorite image editor of choice, then you have to manually place them (to the pixel) on each screen. 90% of that you can do in CSS with a few lines of code and Div's to auto place the majority of your content.

RenPy is great for your standard run-of-the-mill VN game, because obviously that's what it was made for. Anything else you're going to have a rough time just because RenPy wasn't made for UI/Video heavy based games. But as they say, to each their own.

Also who the hell cares about security? lol. If anything, you can make something extremely insecure that phones home to a server, places random malware, and even execute shell code straight from the python interpreter. QSP you're gonna be hard pressed to do that.

Reactions: Reaver

Reaver

May 31, 2017
I just have a quick question. I was thinking of making a game but i never programed or coded (I'm assuming they are two different things), If I was to make a game for the first time what would be the best program to make it on, QSP or RenPy and why?

Hotelhero78

May 7, 2017
I received the second letter with the blood on it... But it won't let me talk to Sally in her room or kitchen about the letter.. Any clues?