Mod Ren'Py Seducing the Devil [v0.12a] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
OH i misunderstood that, sorry, I thought u meant when someone else ports it...
Someone else will. The only ports I endorse of my mods current is thru estrada777 . He stays busy and this mod is a fresh release. Give folks time as none of this is as easy as simply pushing a button.

Reactions: fastflier
May 27, 2017
Hey Sancho1969, I wanna thank you again for your wonderful work, this VN was in dire need of a mod.

I did a fresh install, started a new save and I have encountered this error on "Selina Only" path, I don't get the chance to choose between spending time with Veronica or Selina, it just shows me the error and forces me on Selina's choice if I click "Ignore". I've attached the error log, please let me know if it's a mistake on my part or there is some error in the mod. Cheers!

View attachment traceback.txt

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey Sancho1969, I wanna thank you again for your wonderful work, this VN was in dire need of a mod.

I did a fresh install, started a new save and I have encountered this error on "Selina Only" path, I don't get the chance to choose between spending time with Veronica or Selina, it just shows me the error and forces me on Selina's choice if I click "Ignore". I've attached the error log, please let me know if it's a mistake on my part or there is some error in the mod. Cheers!

View attachment 1625679
Apologies bud, that one is on me. I have half of a parenthesis in the wrong spot. I'm correcting now and will get you fixed up in just a bit. I'll post when done.

May 27, 2017
Apologies bud, that one is on me. I have half of a parenthesis in the wrong spot. I'm correcting now and will get you fixed up in just a bit. I'll post when done.
I figured it was something small like that causing the issue. Don't worry, please do it at your leisure.
This is my first time encountering a bug/error in one of your mods; with how complex and multi-faceted your mods are, I'm surprised I haven't encountered a bug before this. It just goes to show how diligent and hard working you are, thanks again! :D(y)

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I figured it was something small like that causing the issue. Don't worry, please do it at your leisure.
This is my first time encountering a bug/error in one of your mods; with how complex and multi-faceted your mods are, I'm surprised I haven't encountered a bug before this. It just goes to show how diligent and hard working you are, thanks again! :D(y)
The Mega link is updated. Give that a shot while the Workupload link is populating and let me know if that sorts it out. Again, apologies.

Edit: I've run through that menu choice with the new link and everything appears to be in order now. A bug or two wouldn't surprise me since I haven't even played the VN yet. I'm confident in the ChoiceGuide though since I tracked and mapped each variable to what seems an insane degree. If anyone finds a discrepancy regarding choices by all means let me know and we'll map it together to insure confidence. Regards.

Last edited:

xxxxdave

Feb 13, 2018
Hi there Sancho

Thanks for the mod but I keep getting this error log

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 165, in script
jump expression _in_replay
ScriptError: could not find label 'smr09b'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 165, in script
jump expression _in_replay
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1711, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "renpy/script.py", line 910, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'smr09b'.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Seducing The Devil 0.11a

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi there Sancho

Good morning. That appears to be on me as that's my label. Please give me some time as I'm currently updating another mod. Once I'm done with that I will look into this and correct as needed. I'll certainly keep you posted. Thank you for reporting it bud.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi there Sancho
OK, on a virgin PC I DL'd the VN from it's OP and installed. DL'd the mod and installed. I cannot reproduce the error and the label is clearly in the scripts. I need more info from you like installed in a compressed or uncompressed, are there any .rpy or .rpyc files inside the "game" directory, etc.

fastflier

Oct 29, 2018
sorry im not pushing just wondering, usually how long would it take for someone to port an android version with the mod?

overvelming

Jun 13, 2017
Thank you for your efforts!
I played the compressed version and got a problem that I've activated the choice guide, however, I can't see any hints when the choices box pops off? I wonder if it has anything with the compressed version?

edit: I figured it out, just deleted all rpy/rpyc files in the game folder except your mods file and problem solved.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sancho1969

john984

Jun 6, 2020
Thank you for the MOD
I'm getting this error when entering a scene in the gallery. I installed the compressed version.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you for the MOD
I'm getting this error when entering a scene in the gallery. I installed the compressed version.
Good morning. If that's the case then you are actually missing out on half of the mod. This is due to an improper compression version which left all the scripts unarchived. See post here, but to summarize simply delete all the .rpy & .rpyc files inside the "game" folder and that'll get you done.

Reactions: john984

john984

Jun 6, 2020
Good morning. If that's the case then you are actually missing out on half of the mod. This is due to an improper compression version which left all the scripts unarchived. See post here, but to summarize simply delete all the .rpy & .rpyc files inside the "game" folder and that'll get you done.
Now works, THANKS!

Reactions: Sancho1969

snarkster1558

Feb 27, 2019
Getting an Exception error when I try to open with MOD and IC. Should it just be one or the other?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'gui/1.png'>:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 233, in script call
    call _splashscreen from _call_splashscreen_1
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/1.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 233, in script call
    call _splashscreen from _call_splashscreen_1
  File "script.rpyc", line 36, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1443, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1684, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2762, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3839, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2565, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 492, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 263, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 826, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 368, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/transform.py", line 733, in render
    return transform_render(self, width, height, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 187, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "renpy/display/image.py", line 501, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/image.py", line 307, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 625, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 287, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 706, in load
    raise e

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Seducing The Devil 0.11a
Mon Mar 28 15:31:23 2022

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Getting an Exception error when I try to open with MOD and IC. Should it just be one or the other?

Code:

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Seducing The Devil 0.11a
Mon Mar 28 15:31:23 2022
Good afternoon. You have more than a few issues and none of which are with the mod. See above report states RenPy 7.4.11 but the game is compiled in 7.4.4 so you are already going to have issues. Other than that the image being requested ('gui/1.png') is OEM and nothing to do with the mod. If you want to use the mod, then install as instructed in the OP. Any other shenanigans you choose to make I can't support since I have no idea what you've done.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
OK folks, since the dev made so many structural issues I'm taking the time to update the core mod to the latest SanchoMod (all the current bells & whistles). That will bide me enough proper time to evaluate the new dev code and insure it's not borked anywhere. I'm also currently rewriting the entire SanchoGallery. Please be patient while all these tasks are being evaluated and completed. I'll keep y'all posted like I always do. Regards.

Edit: I've updated the FAQ here so you can read a bit of what's to come.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote