UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Hello all,
The recent poll has finished, and the three winners this time were the abbey orc occupation scene from the last release, the newest Cliohna x Rowan scene, and the Alexia whipping scene. These will be added to the CG list for next month as usual.
Work is well underway as usual, and the release should be out on Saturday as planned.
Moving on, I've been feeling pretty burned out lately, and while I haven't let this affect the game, it hasn't been great for me personally. I've been making this game for over three years now while working a full time job, and sometimes it gets a bit much. With the comparatively high cost and continual slow growth of SoC, it looks very unlikely that I will be able to quit my job any time soon, and so there are two things I have been considering to make things easier for me. I stress considering because neither of these have been decided, both are just options at this point.
Moving to Bi-Monthly Releases
We've been doing monthly releases on time now for a while, and it hasn't made much difference. I'd like to think that they do, but when I look around our industry and see some much bigger names putting out releases consistently late, every 3-6 months, it seems more likely people care more about the content than consistency.
One of the criticisms the game gets is that releases tend to seem small / inconsequential, but that is because it takes a lot of work to write, edit, and code around twenty thousand words in just under four weeks. If we did move to bi-monthly releases, it would make things easier not only for me, but also for the rest of the staff. We'd still commission the same amount of work every month, you'd just get one double sized release bi-monthly, as opposed to the current release schedule.
Selling the Game
Another thing I could do is sell the game on steam, which hopefully would help with funding. However as long as it is available for free, this is a non-starter. We had planned to make a unity version and sell that, however when we looked into it, it seemed like an expensive, time consuming task that wasn't really worth it.
Therefore to sell the game, we'd have to discontinue the free version, otherwise people would have no reason to purchase it. I'm not a huge fan of this idea, but it is one option for the future. (EDIT: some people seem to be misunderstanding this one - there'd still be a backer version every month, there just wouldn't be free releases anymore)

ThePower6335

Aug 14, 2018
Moving to Bi-Monthly Releases
We've been doing monthly releases on time now for a while, and it hasn't made much difference. I'd like to think that they do, but when I look around our industry and see some much bigger names putting out releases consistently late, every 3-6 months, it seems more likely people care more about the content than consistency.
Oh dear.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I don't mind bi-monthly releases, better that than burning out from stress. Also a lot of games around here work on a 2-3 months schedule release.

About steam, does it allow early acess while the game is still on patreon? I saw some other developers doing steam releases but only for completed games (i.e. Acting lessons and Depraved Awakening).

Zer0zero

Oct 26, 2017
Got some questions:

1. Is it better to have Alexia stay in the room or move out? Does it affect anything at all?
2. When Helsnyaa(sp?) ran away I never got the option to find her even tho I succeeded all my skill checks.
3. The armor is a mystery to me. My minotaur forger never has anything to spare.
4. I got a game over because I couldn't forge an alliance with either minotaurs or dark elves... I have NO idea how I'd even do that.

Any help would be awesome!

Reactions: cleanfeel

aonotsukune85

Mar 30, 2019
Got some questions:

1. Is it better to have Alexia stay in the room or move out? Does it affect anything at all?
2. When Helsnyaa(sp?) ran away I never got the option to find her even tho I succeeded all my skill checks.
3. The armor is a mystery to me. My minotaur forger never has anything to spare.
4. I got a game over because I couldn't forge an alliance with either minotaurs or dark elves... I have NO idea how I'd even do that.

My story let alexia stay separate room. It will let alexia rape by tentacle. Must find the culprit (alexia). Hehe

diebesgrab

Feb 25, 2019
Got some questions:

1. It makes next to no difference mechanically. There’s one or two scenes you can only get with her staying in the room (the only one that springs to mind is where they have sex one morning), and there’s a few alterations to scenes, most notably if you claim Helayna.
2. In the current build, once Helayna escapes, she’s gone. The devs plan to make more content with her later on, but not for a while. You can also convince her to stay in the castle by having Rowan tell her he loves her before she escapes.
3. I don’t think there’s actually any shopping implemented in the forge right now, only with Cla-Min’s (the goblin) caravan. I think equipment is being scrapped in a later version of the game, anyway, so I wouldn’t worry about it, it doesn’t even have that much of an effect in the current build.
4. Currently the only faction you can recruit for your army is the orcs; goblins, dark elves, and minotaurs haven’t been implemented yet. You can find a guide to avoid a game over at Week 60 in the first link of my signature.

Amanda Carter

Jun 7, 2017
About 1,5 years ago, i posted to this thread a calculation that shows with the way the game was progressing, it will take more than 10 years to finish. Some people did not agree with me back then, i wonder what they are thinking now.

I really like the game although i didn't play it for a long time and supported the project for a few months back then (until i did the calculation). I have respect for developers but when you start a project, you need to first check your resources and see if it is viable. What they are trying to achieve is really fascinating but it is really going slow.

Reactions: ThePower6335

Zer0zero

Oct 26, 2017
No offense, while I do like Slutwriter's work myself... I have the feeling that Hyper-penises, Dick-cheese and Pissing-in-orifices is not exactly going to be featured in the story (Though If we ever get the option to piss on Andras, I'd be all for it!). Additionally, I am not sure if SlutWriter's writing style would complement a Visual-novel style of writing, which tends to be more condensed.

But god-damn, when Slutwriter does MxM content, which is somewhat of a rarity... Nnnnggggg!

Who is slutwriter? What has he worked on?

Reactions: TheSexinati

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
1. It makes next to no difference mechanically. There’s one or two scenes you can only get with her staying in the room (the only one that springs to mind is where they have sex one morning), and there’s a few alterations to scenes, most notably if you claim Helayna.
2. In the current build, once Helayna escapes, she’s gone. The devs plan to make more content with her later on, but not for a while. You can also convince her to stay in the castle by having Rowan tell her he loves her before she escapes.
3. I don’t think there’s actually any shopping implemented in the forge right now, only with Cla-Min’s (the goblin) caravan. I think equipment is being scrapped in a later version of the game, anyway, so I wouldn’t worry about it, it doesn’t even have that much of an effect in the current build.
4. Currently the only faction you can recruit for your army is the orcs; goblins, dark elves, and minotaurs haven’t been implemented yet. You can find a guide to avoid a game over at Week 60 in the first link of my signature.
Goblins, Dark Elves, Not-So-Dark-Elves, and Tundra Knights are all stuff we're considering working on next. None of it would even be as fraction as long or in-depth as Rastedel so we're confident about the time projections.

Reactions: TheSexinati

randomguy26

Apr 23, 2018
Any news about the update? :D
Really excited to try the new version.Lord Arioch informed it'll be out by saturday.It's late night saturday here. Man , am i impatient to try the new one :)

TheSexinati

Sep 1, 2017
So who wants to see some scandalous content?

It may set your eyes a 'wagglin'...

TheSexinati: "Okay Greyhide... now!"

Greyhide: "Now?"

TheSexinati: "Yes now, I'm rolling the camera!"

Three Cheers to Sommelier, who in his great all-knowing wisdom, made this gif.

Last edited:

TheSexinati

Sep 1, 2017
I am definitely stealing this gif, it is too funny to not pass around. :ROFLMAO:
And It might not have happened If I hadn't said "Oh yeah look at that chest hair!" In Discord, in reference to a certain image, to which Sommelier posted this image afterwards.

Unless Sommelier had the image stored away somewhere... also possible.

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss
4.00 star(s) 161 Votes