kaorok

May 31, 2017
Wow I'm hyped for that rework. It takes a lot of courage to decide to rework rather than keep building on to a bloated and busted system.

TheSexinati

Sep 1, 2017
I haven't played this in a while, did they change the artist? Some art looks very different, it still looks good, my ravens approve
I believe there are two different CG artists, and a third artist for the sprites, though I’m not really positive.
Yep, I believe one of the developers 'doubles' as an artist for some of the work. From what I can understand, they did the work on the Alexia x Rowan picnic scene, the Alexia 'Tree' scene and the scenes with Wulump or whatever the hell that Tentacle-thingo is called...

Other than that, I believe Momdadno does most of the Sexual CG's, and another artist does most of the background CG's, AFAIK. I think that the earliest background works where done by another artist but I am not completely sure if they are still working on the project (Andras's magical circle, Jezera in red robe, Rowan in a defensive ward against an Orcish attacker etcetera).

From what I understand, a fair proportion of the music in the game was made by Leet music. They have done work for other VN's before. Personally, I am not that big a fan of the music, but that is probably up to my tastes. Wardruna or Heilung is what I usually play instead, or failing that, I beat up my minstrels and force them to play music from the Cantiga's. I've even managed to find Andalusian Quiyan music... so that can fit a Harem setting quite well!

Ahhh, nothing better than playing a game with a medieval setting with music that dates back to the 1200's.

pizbia

Sep 17, 2017
More impregnation content is planned. Not soon, so don't wait on the edge of your seat. But it's coming.
Is this distinct from Nasim's fertility treatment with the (coming soon) placeholder?

Not sure what you guys' ITT issues with Alexia not currently having many scenes with Rowan are tbh. Initially Alexia didn't have that much meaningful interactions of her own outside of Rowan so focusing too much on a slightly isolated character would have lead to underdeveloped worldbuilding. I think people would probably have found those scenes boring if they'd got them any sooner, and it's only being noticed now because Alexia is now a much more developed character in her own right.

May 23, 2019
Head of art is Sommelier. He does backgrounds, some of the CGs, and works on elements like colors and correction. The recent CG of Rowan arriving at Rastedel we showed was his work.

MDN does the CGs, and a third artist does the sprites.
Well, they are all talented artists I must say, I only like some of the paths of this game, but I believe that the choices/options are what makes this game good

Aug 26, 2016
It’s worth pointing out that most of Alexia’s “trysts” have fairly dubious consent from her; she’s almost always either trying to protect Rowan or is under some sort of mind-altering influence. This changes a bit as she progresses down certain paths or becomes more corrupt, but for the most part, she’s not engaging in extramarital affairs for the giggles.

Granted, Rowan isn’t necessarily either with Helayna and a few other partners, but I’m just trying to say that the situation is pretty emotionally messy for both of them.
True, but with the Helayna thing in particular Rowan has a very good reason to want to claim her simply to keep her safe from some of the other less pleasant(to say the least)inhabitants of the castle.

Reactions: HK51 and T800
Aug 26, 2016
Honey I'm saving her with mah diiiiiiiiiiiiick.
Funny, but him having an ulterior motive doesn't change the rather obvious issue that he has very good reasons for fucking and claiming Helayna that do not necessarily apply with any of the other people he can cheat on his wife with.

Reactions: T800

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
I have no problem with Alexia getting mad at Rowan and not sleeping with him whenever she finds out about his infidelity. I love the fact the game allows you to have choices and then there are consequences.

I am just confused / curious on what is going on in the game though. Cause through my experiment it seems like Rowan x Alexia scenes are just RNG regardless of who you slept with. At the same time after playing the game more and advancing further into the story with Heylana I suspect that Rowan could possibly be having sex with characters off screen that we aren't seeing. Cause in Heylana's narrative there was one point where she says just knowing the fact that he will comeback and fuck her once a week is enough to keep her loyal to him. So @Rein are we suppose to assume that Rowan and Alexia has sex life offscreen that we're just not seeing? Or are we to just assume Heylana is the only exception of off screen sex life Rowan has?

I just want to know for narrative wise?

Last edited:

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
Honey I'm saving her with mah diiiiiiiiiiiiick.
Hey if women can destroy entire countries and armies in real life with just their "sword sheaves" as the game puts it... then why can't some fictional character save a few individuals with his meat sword? :sneaky:

But yeah the option for Rowan to basically say that comes a bit too often in this game... like when Alexia confronts him about Liurial why would even say that to Alexia. He saved her from being harassed, but there was no need to actually fuck her. The argument he makes about this don't make any sense... cause if he claims he needs to fuck her to prevent other people from raping her... then wouldn't he need to public announce that he has claimed her for his own to have the desired effect? Meaning wouldn't Alexia know about it right away? Especially when he only fucks her in private.

For Heylana it made sense since he did it publicly, and Alexia found out about it immediately (or at least in my case 5 weeks later as soon as Heylana was brought naked into Rowan's room, since the event for me didn't fire until 5 weeks later after the battle). And for the decision with Heylana it at least made some sense... to get raped by one person who you like / secretly in love is better than getting gang raped by orcs.

Also this kind of leads me to wonder... why do we not have an option to do mercy killings? If we want Rowan to stay loyal to Alexia, but don't want to Heylana get raped... why not just let him kill her. I mean hes gone around killing people, and even had the option to willing kill his village elder, then why not some one who he cares about? Cause sometimes death is an easier path than being enslaved and tortured for the rest of your life.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
Hey if women can destroy entire countries and armies in real life with just their "sword sheaves" as the game puts it... then why can't some fictional character save a few individuals with his meat sword? :sneaky:

But yeah the option for Rowan to basically say that comes a bit too often in this game... like when Alexia confronts him about Liurial why would even say that to Alexia. He saved her from being harassed, but there was no need to actually fuck her. The argument he makes about this don't make any sense... cause if he claims he needs to fuck her to prevent other people from raping her... then wouldn't he need to public announce that he has claimed her for his own to have the desired effect? Meaning wouldn't Alexia know about it right away? Especially when he only fucks her in private.

For Heylana it made sense since he did it publicly, and Alexia found out about it immediately (or at least in my case 5 weeks later as soon as Heylana was brought naked into Rowan's room, since the event for me didn't fire until 5 weeks later after the battle). And for the decision with Heylana it at least made some sense... to get raped by one person who you like / secretly in love is better than getting gang raped by orcs.

Also this kind of leads me to wonder... why do we not have an option to do mercy killings? If we want Rowan to stay loyal to Alexia, but don't want to Heylana get raped... why not just let him kill her. I mean hes gone around killing people, and even had the option to willing kill his village elder, then why not some one who he cares about? Cause sometimes death is an easier path than being enslaved and tortured for the rest of your life.
Yeah, and if Alexia isn't already corrupted/has fucked Andras/Jeez your excuse with Liurial WON'T WORK. She gets mad at you.

As for mercy killing. That isn't a terrible option. But, I don't think it's really possible for Rowan to be there in his arc at that point.

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
Yeah, and if Alexia isn't already corrupted/has fucked Andras/Jeez your excuse with Liurial WON'T WORK. She gets mad at you.

As for mercy killing. That isn't a terrible option. But, I don't think it's really possible for Rowan to be there in his arc at that point.
Yeah I know that. I am just saying hes the option to says some really dumb things at times.

When I play the game I usually save whenever I get choice to do something then play 1-2 weeks after the choice to see what happens in each of the the decisions, then I go forward with the path that I like the most which is usually with Rowan screwing everything, Alexia not having sex with anyone except Jezara.

As for not there at his arc yet... maybe you should add a counter at each event where Rowan does something evil, assuming there isn't one already... Cause in my game I had raided quite a few farms / villages with the twin's forces, I had 4 villages subjugated, and went on multiple raiding parties with the Orcaid orcs, and possibly could of just helped and watched Delane get gang raped by a couple hundred orcs, not to mention if he took the keep by force he murdered a unsuspecting knight which he could of tried to save by tricking him out of the room. Cause due to the free roaming feature of the game, Rowan could have done quite a few evil things by time he gets to the Keep, or he could be still a reluctant contributor who hasn't done anything except get mines and armed 30 orcs.

Cause if I were Rowan, and wasn't meta gaming with the knowledge that I have no chance of being resisting the Twins as stated in the game description;

"You are the bad guy - Unlike most games with alignment systems that allow you to be good, evil, or morally neutral, in Seeds of Chaos you play the villain. Ethical decisions will focus on just how corrupt you character is becoming, and the consequences of that change."

Then I would of opted to mercy kill some people instead of putting them through what potential horrible fate they would have if they lived. Both as a way to save them in a way, and to undermine the Twins. Cause the last thing I would ever want is for someone to suffer like Heylana, and I would be worried about the twins getting more powerful and skilled champions if I weren't that corrupt yet. So I would of killed her out of pity, and to undermine the Twins... which in turn could make him more corrupt and ruthless in the overall story arc. Cause right now his logic is the better he helps the Twins, the quicker the war is over, which means less innocents have to die / suffer... but at the same time as we see further in the game he wants to defy the Twins, and at times undermines them... which is why mercy killing her would make sense since he is technically protecting her innocence in a way while undermining the Twins from potentially getting another Champion / Agent, and would hurt their army morale a bit since they have less sexual entertainment.

At the same time he could do the same with Delane also, where he could of opted to kill her also... to get Batri and Ulrco to fight, but to sabotage Tarkish from getting the full tribe of orcs if he didn't want to go through the trouble of saving her to sabotage the Tarkish.

Kill everyone to save their souls. #DeusVult

Last edited:

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
I will concede a reasonable argument can be make for mercy killing Helayna, but let's face it, we're not putting it in the game, because there's already already two unique event chains where she escapes "on her own" or you help her escape, and 60% of the players still convince her to stay. Adding a fourth state here is simply something that is not worth the time investment.

The story must go on, or else we'll be writing this till 2030.

Now AlexiaXRowan events! That's something that does indeed require work. We will definitely have more events that allow Rowan to take on a more active role in corrupting her. As for more PureRowanxPureAlexia events... We'll probably have more of those as well, since it is the default state for both? Though we did run a question on what Alexia narratives interest people most, and PureAlexia got... 1,6% of the votes, as oppposed to 27,6% for corrupting her yourself.

So there's that.

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
I will concede a reasonable argument can be make for mercy killing Helayna, but let's face it, we're not putting it in the game, because there's already already two unique event chains where she escapes "on her own" or you help her escape, and 60% of the players still convince her to stay. Adding a fourth state here is simply something that is not worth the time investment.

The story must go on, or else we'll be writing this till 2030.

Now AlexiaXRowan events! That's something that does indeed require work. We will definitely have more events that allow Rowan to take on a more active role in corrupting her. As for more PureRowanxPureAlexia events... We'll probably have more of those as well, since it is the default state for both? Though we did run a question on what Alexia narratives interest people most, and PureAlexia got... 1,6% of the votes, as oppposed to 27,6% for corrupting her yourself.

So there's that.

Yeah I have no problem with that all and understand what you are saying. Also if we had the options to do mercy killings I feel like that would ruin the most of your work and make the game horribly short considering how heavily a lot of the game depends on some tension that particular key events cause.

Cause I can see it already... I if played my normal reluctant hero stance I would basically mercy kill like 50% of the people if I had a choice, and then miss 50% of the content. I am basically the secretly misunderstood bad guy in every anime, I secretly kill people for their own good. :muwuahhahahaa:

I hope none of my questions offend any of you who are the developers, I am not really asking them as a request either. I am just a inquisitive person. And I am willing to accept any answers that you give. Cause I understand you can't do everything, and certain things are just to complicated to add when trying to write a coherent narrative, especially when have so many branching paths already.

TheSexinati

Sep 1, 2017
PureAlexia got... 1,6% of the votes, as oppposed to 27,6% for corrupting her yourself.

So there's that.
Whelp, I'm not surprised with those statistics. Statistically speaking.

I suppose at this point in time, the only Pure Alexia x Rowan route for me will be one that involves a Minotaur dick in the middle.

Now since I am assuming you are making your statement based on the survey... Do you mind if I ask a simple question?

In regards to the subject of 'Rowan pursuing a loving, romantic relationship'... What percentage picked Andras!? :ROFLMAO:

Because I hope I am not the only one there who put that in for shits and giggles. *Twirls moustache*

Reactions: Cervixpunch

Back

Aug 3, 2017
If I recall, a lot of the questions from the survey were a loaded too. They also seemed to have been asked with the assumption that you've played the latest version and delved into it quite a bit. Then there were also questions like did you do this or that or whatever, but without taking considerations if that was something that player would normally do or enjoy--such as have you done this ever versus on your typical playthrough which choices / paths do you pick and enjoy the most? I, for one, answered and responded to the questions of the survey as presented, but I'd definitely would have chosen or responded in a different way if the questions were asked in a more thoughtful way. Hence, take the results with a grain of salt as I'm sure it's quite skewed.

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
There's always next year. What quesions do you think we should've had asked?

4.00 star(s) 161 Votes