Ataman87

Jun 9, 2018
LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK

It's impressive that people have 90% of the content and STILL manage to complain!

If anything, this game has a HUGE potential for gay scenes that is largely left untapped (which I can understand considering what's the vision of the devs and the limited time/resources, but it's still a pity).
How do i get the bisex option with Cynthia and Haywood ?

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Updates every two months is snail's pace?
The game has been in development for close to 7 years. Seven. After all this time it is at version 0.3, with large part of mechanics either broken or plain missing, bugs galore and major characters lacking their arc content.

Yes, it is a very pretty game. And what writing is there, it's often good and engaging (though it begs for some editing and, most importantly, proofreading). But calling its development "snail's pace" is actually putting it gently.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
The game has been in development for close to 7 years. Seven. After all this time it is at version 0.3, with large part of mechanics either broken or plain missing, bugs galore and major characters lacking their arc content.

Yes, it is a very pretty game. And what writing is there, it's often good and engaging (though it begs for some editing and, most importantly, proofreading). But calling its development "snail's pace" is actually putting it gently.
We're at like version 80 or something. The reason why it's 0.3.x is because we follow a system of systemic/localized updates. A "localized" update just adds contentto a specific game segment A major update refers to a systemic overhaul. It's not 3 out of 10 either. It just means that we've done full game overhauls twice.

Also the seven years bit is disingenuous too. We've only really had a full staff for about 4 years. In that time we've dramatically expanded content.

The scale of the game is also just WAY bigger than most games in the genre. Hundreds of CGs, perhaps more than a 1000 before Act 1 is done. Millions of words of writing.

We release MASSIVE updates to a MASSIVE game. It's going to take awhile, but to call it snails pace is to compare us to some 30 CG 200k Word Winged Cloud game. We essentially release 2-3 of those a year.

perles75

May 16, 2020
A quick question; how much of a gay content is there?
Quantitatively, it's written a couple of posts above yours.
Game-wise, I can tell you that I was able to play as a "kind of closet-ish that becomes progressively bolder" gay-leaning MC and it worked very well. However, it's not the game for you if you can't stand even the occasional vision of a boob or a vagina.

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
Yo guys can someone tell me how long this game is by any chance ?
Insane... Considering that Developer Team planned 3 Acts and this is just Act I finished, in this Act I main history is finished but they are adding some side quest and character development for many side characters as well, this will make a huge impact on Act II and nonetheless Act III. So yes, the better word that fits this game or at least it's overall story is insane.

Harbringer

Nov 17, 2017
I wasn't sure when MonkOne will be updating their Extended Scene Replay Mod as it's been 6 or 7 weeks since 3.0.6 came out. Hopefully they'll come back to update it later on, but in the mean time I thought I'd update it as best I could (pretty sure I got all the new scenes with CG). Just sharing in case anyone else wants it. I had a quick check and there doesn't seem to be any errors.

Credits to MonkOne of course, I just updated it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I got this error when I launched the game
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 489, in script
    init +1 python:
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 492, in <module>
    renpy.image(gal_item + " butt", im.Scale(im.Sepia(ImageReference(gal_item)), thumbnail_x, thumbnail_y))
Exception: Expected an image, but got a general displayable.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 489, in script
    init +1 python:
  File "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Seeds of Chaos\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Seeds of Chaos\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 492, in <module>
    renpy.image(gal_item + " butt", im.Scale(im.Sepia(ImageReference(gal_item)), thumbnail_x, thumbnail_y))
  File "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Seeds of Chaos\renpy\display\im.py", line 1591, in Sepia
    return MatrixColor(im, matrix.saturation(0.0, desat) * matrix.tint(tint[0], tint[1], tint[2]), **properties)
  File "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Seeds of Chaos\renpy\display\im.py", line 1243, in __init__
    im = image(im)
  File "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Seeds of Chaos\renpy\display\im.py", line 1740, in image
    return image(arg.target, loose=loose, **properties)
  File "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Seeds of Chaos\renpy\display\im.py", line 1755, in image
    raise Exception("Expected an image, but got a general displayable.")
Exception: Expected an image, but got a general displayable.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Seeds of Chaos 0.3.05
Sat Jul 30 19:28:00 2022

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
We release MASSIVE updates to a MASSIVE game. It's going to take awhile, but to call it snails pace is to compare us to some 30 CG 200k Word Winged Cloud game. We essentially release 2-3 of those a year.
I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on how we perceive these massive updates, and what constitutes massive, for this matter. E.g. going by patch notes for the Steam version of the game, in the last year there's been 15 events worth of content added roughly every 6 months. Now, looking at game files an event in SoC amounts to 5-7k words on average (with a few bigger outliers). So let's be generous and say that's 120k words per 6-month patch. Throw in rewrites for already produced, older stuff, and --being generous again-- yes, you might get to that 200k words per half a year total.

The catch is, all that work becomes basically unnoticeable when it's delivered spread over a dozen of different places -- "there is one more event on the map. There is one extra event with this character. There's one extra event with that character. There is one extra event in the throne room." While it may look impressive as a bullet list, especially when you know how much effort you've put into it, in practice it does nothing to alleviate the fact the game plot didn't really advance from where it was months and years ago, and most of the characters, both major and minor, including the lucky ones with that extra event(s), overall remain as unfinished as they were. And so someone who last played your game a year or more ago is going to see very little practical difference, if they can even spot the changes after all the time passed.

Put it differently -- you have currently something like 550+ event definitions in your game. That means those 30 events worth of content you've added over last year expanded your game by ~5% It's not someone else's productions but the very massiveness of your own game, that renders your "massive updates" minuscule in comparison.

Aug 21, 2017
And so someone who last played your game a year or more ago is going to see very little practical difference, if they can even spot the changes after all the time passed.
I mean at this point your just being disingenuous, to say that a regular player wouldn't notice any changes after a year of not keeping up with the game is just false. That may be the case for you, but that doesn't apply to everyone. I also don't see how the writers could do any better to get more content into each release, the amount we get is more than enough for a game that releases every two months? The pace it's going at is very steady and consistent and truly I think that's what really matters, as Winter said the scale of this game is massive and it's quality trumps a majority of the other games on the site.

opaquecake

Jul 16, 2018
I got this error when I launched the game

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Seeds of Chaos 0.3.05
Sat Jul 30 19:28:00 2022
Hey. It's because you're using a mod built for game version 0.3.06 on game version 0.3.05. Due to that, the mod is trying to initialise graphics that don't exist. You'll need to upgrade your game version to 0.3.06 then reinstall the mod.

geoolympics

Aug 27, 2019
I wasn't sure when MonkOne will be updating their Extended Scene Replay Mod as it's been 6 or 7 weeks since 3.0.6 came out. Hopefully they'll come back to update it later on, but in the mean time I thought I'd update it as best I could (pretty sure I got all the new scenes with CG). Just sharing in case anyone else wants it. I had a quick check and there doesn't seem to be any errors.

Credits to MonkOne of course, I just updated it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You, Sir, are a god among men.

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
So after not playing from several updates, I started a new game because obviously my old saves would be no good, bit when I tries to save, it gives me the unexpected error screen, is this a known bug being worked on right now?

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
So, the save file is working again, don't know why I couldn't save anyways....

Cliohna still best girl and in hoping there has been some new content with or at the very least the whole wife training into a sorceress has gone somewhere.

LAKueiJin

Apr 15, 2020
Cliohna still best girl and in hoping there has been some new content with or at the very least the whole wife training into a sorceress has gone somewhere.
THIS! Yes please! I haven't played this game in over 2 years now, but I'm only into femdom and thought the hottest scenes in Seeds of Chaos were on the submissive path to Cliohna! (followed by some of the Jezera and dominant wife ones) So, I am curious as well before downloading any update - has there been any progress on Cliohna's route?

Also, when I last stopped playing I had secured support from the Orcs (by putting a female chieftain in charge) and the events of the fall of Rastedel had started, but they weren't finished yet. Could anyone here tell me if any new characters with femdom content have been introduced since? It would be much appreciated!

4.00 star(s) 161 Votes