Malagga

Jun 16, 2023
Hi, I got this error message while talking to Patricia.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Sayer b'page' is not a function or string.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/main_loop.rpyc", line 73, in script call
  File "game/locations/portal_room.rpyc", line 3, in script call
  File "game/mapExploration.rpyc", line 210, in script call
  File "game/mapEventController.rpyc", line 55, in script call
  File "game/core/event_manager.rpyc", line 374, in script call
  File "game/events/rastedel/rastedel_lodge.rpyc", line 2338, in script
  File "C:\Users\user\Documents\username\Games\seeds-of-chaos-4.4.04-pc\seeds-of-chaos-4.4.04-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2557, in execute
    Say.execute(self)
  File "C:\Users\user\Documents\username\Games\seeds-of-chaos-4.4.04-pc\seeds-of-chaos-4.4.04-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 592, in execute
    raise Exception("Sayer %s is not a function or string." % self.who.encode("utf-8"))

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.1.24030407
Seeds of Chaos 0.4.04
Thu Apr 18 01:18:58 2024
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/main_loop.rpyc", line 73, in script call
  File "game/locations/portal_room.rpyc", line 3, in script call
  File "game/mapExploration.rpyc", line 210, in script call
  File "game/mapEventController.rpyc", line 55, in script call
  File "game/core/event_manager.rpyc", line 374, in script call
  File "game/events/rastedel/rastedel_lodge.rpyc", line 2356, in script
  File "C:\Users\user\Documents\username\Games\seeds-of-chaos-4.4.04-pc\seeds-of-chaos-4.4.04-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2557, in execute
    Say.execute(self)
  File "C:\Users\user\Documents\username\Games\seeds-of-chaos-4.4.04-pc\seeds-of-chaos-4.4.04-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 592, in execute
    raise Exception("Sayer %s is not a function or string." % self.who.encode("utf-8"))

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.1.24030407
Seeds of Chaos 0.4.04
Thu Apr 18 01:23:42 2024
Wait until week 70 to get new order from the twins.
Thank you very much.

Birdnman993

Dec 6, 2021
One thing I don't understand, why do people complain about Alexia having action if Rowan spends his time fucking anything that has legs and a hole? The truth is that it seems a little hypocritical to me, the ideal would be for them to talk and agree on how to manage this life of debauchery in which they find themselves, which is more or less what they did when they both fucked the minotaur.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
If Rowan and Alexia are still together in act 2, they will likely take on a far more liberal approach to polyamory. For Rowan it would be universal, for Alexia probably optional, since none us want people complaining about Rowan being cucked.
Makes sense.

GayLord Jesus

Oct 9, 2021
Prologue sex scene between wife Alexia x Red Demon is still the hottest sex scene in the game (especially with the original artwork - his wife Alexia was drawn so beautifully back then). (y)

I kinda miss that original art style. Also I've given up on this game after struggling to play a fixed path. :FacePalm:

Reactions: Ntrsugar

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
Is this worth playing?
Depends what you want?
Game won't finish anytime soon but has gathered some content. Story is a slow burn and the weekly traveling/handling your castle takes a bit of time to get used to, but the amount of content makes it keeping on your toes long enough. If you want to fuck medieval girls and demons, go ahead.

Also, in the gallery, you can unlock all scenes if you just want to watch the h-scenes.

Oct 18, 2020

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
Dam... AI is super good... waiting on artists almost seems unnecessary at this point...
While I am someone that thinks AI is really cool, the truth is that AI is still a long way from replacing artists.

For one, almost all of these are just an AI filters of character sprites that are already in in the game. So in this case you would still need have the artist create the art that the AI is going to remix, at which point to might as well use the artist's art.

And a generic AI art model wouldn't be able to create original art for this game. You can't tell the AI to create an art piece of "Rowan fucking Cla'min in the ass in the back of her caravan." (note that I am simplifying prompt generation quite a bit) It doesn't know what Rowan and Cla'min look like, or what Cla'min's caravan looks like for that matter. You could tell it to give you art of "a human man fucking a female goblin in ass in the back of an enclosed wagon" but that would give you a generic man fucking a generic goblin in a generic wagon. In order to make it work for a specific project with original characters your would have to train the model from scratch to make the sort of art you want. Which would involve feeding tons of artworks of each character, location, and activity that you want it to be able to produce. Which would be prohibitively expensive on the scale of a game like this.

Also if you look past faces and boobs, AI still has a tendency to put out weird artifacts such as messed up hands or clothes that don't make logical sense. It's getting better, but AI training has recently ran into a problem where there is now so much AI art out there, that they are finding it difficult to mass feed it training art that isn't full of AI art, which only reinforces the AI artifacts and tells. It is a sort of AI art inbreeding.

Then even if they could use AI to replace the artists on this project you would inherently lose a large chunk of your audience. There are a lot of people that have moral qualms about the use of AI art particularly in commercial projects. There have been projects that have tried to rely on AI art and caught a lot of backlash for it.

Oct 18, 2020
While I am someone that thinks AI is really cool, the truth is that AI is still a long way from replacing artists.

For one, almost all of these are just an AI filters of character sprites that are already in in the game. So in this case you would still need have the artist create the art that the AI is going to remix, at which point to might as well use the artist's art.

And a generic AI art model wouldn't be able to create original art for this game. You can't tell the AI to create an art piece of "Rowan fucking Cla'min in the ass in the back of her caravan." (note that I am simplifying prompt generation quite a bit) It doesn't know what Rowan and Cla'min look like, or what Cla'min's caravan looks like for that matter. You could tell it to give you art of "a human man fucking a female goblin in ass in the back of an enclosed wagon" but that would give you a generic man fucking a generic goblin in a generic wagon. In order to make it work for a specific project with original characters your would have to train the model from scratch to make the sort of art you want. Which would involve feeding tons of artworks of each character, location, and activity that you want it to be able to produce. Which would be prohibitively expensive on the scale of a game like this.

Also if you look past faces and boobs, AI still has a tendency to put out weird artifacts such as messed up hands or clothes that don't make logical sense. It's getting better, but AI training has recently ran into a problem where there is now so much AI art out there, that they are finding it difficult to mass feed it training art that isn't full of AI art, which only reinforces the AI artifacts and tells. It is a sort of AI art inbreeding.

Then even if they could use AI to replace the artists on this project you would inherently lose a large chunk of your audience. There are a lot of people that have moral qualms about the use of AI art particularly in commercial projects. There have been projects that have tried to rely on AI art and caught a lot of backlash for it.
I think at some point AI will be good enough to fix those issues well. That said, I completely agree with everything you mention regarding the defects. I do believe it can cut down an incredible amount of time when used correctly though.

At some point, I imagine AI will take over regardless of the nay amongst the viewers. Economically, I can see a major advantage in using the software for development of games and other arts as it develops. At the moment though, I am aware of the high costs and the amount of images necessary to feed the AI to understand what an individual may want.

It's certainly interesting to see some games try using the artwork. I can see a day certain artists use AI to store their art, and replicate any art they please through request. The future seems interesting in that regard. There are so many possibilities to what can happen.

Reactions: Wiliam 1234567

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019
Real Artists can feed numerous images to train the AI and then they can edit the output to suit their needs.

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
I think at some point AI will be good enough to fix those issues well. That said, I completely agree with everything you mention regarding the defects. I do believe it can cut down an incredible amount of time when used correctly though.

At some point, I imagine AI will take over regardless of the nay amongst the viewers. Economically, I can see a major advantage in using the software for development of games and other arts as it develops. At the moment though, I am aware of the high costs and the amount of images necessary to feed the AI to understand what an individual may want.

It's certainly interesting to see some games try using the artwork. I can see a day certain artists use AI to store their art, and replicate any art they please through request. The future seems interesting in that regard. There are so many possibilities to what can happen.
Yeah it will happen eventually. It will be too profitable not to. Though even after AI is "good enough" i imagine that it will still be awhile longer before it is widely accepted enough that the anti AI backlash wouldn't be more than the profits. But even that will fade over time as people get used to it. Though I do worry about art stagnating at that point. Mostly because until we have some sort of remarkable AGI break through AI can't actually create anything fresh and new. But it will still be good enough that it will be used for the vast majority of art needs. And honestly once we do have a remarkable AGI breakthrough we will have much bigger concerns than AI art assets.

Real Artists can feed numerous images to train the AI and then they can edit the output to suit their needs.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure there are already people that are doing this on the sly. I've seen another of artist whose art looks just like AI art, but doesn't have any of the dead giveaways. But Right now it still isn't a long term solution. At this point once you've seen a certain amount of AI art, it starts to look very samey and bland. AI art really struggles with doing anything that is dynamic or creative, and the amount of work to fix that problem in post would be more work than it would be to just make original art in the first place.

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019
...AI art really struggles with doing anything that is dynamic or creative, and the amount of work to fix that problem in post would be more work than it would be to just make original art in the first place.
I disagree. It takes less time to erase and redraw parts of an image than to draw the entire image from scratch.

4.00 star(s) 161 Votes