TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
So, is the mid level NTR scene for Alexia the one where
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If that's not it, then I can't find any of these alleged new scenes.
Almost getting raped by the orc was in the last update (sans art) and the last update that scene ended when Alexia enters Andras' room. Him banging his slave, threatening the orc, and Alexia rewarding him for standing up to her is all new.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Almost getting raped by the orc was in the last update (sans art) and the last update that scene ended when Alexia enters Andras' room. Him banging his slave, threatening the orc, and Alexia rewarding him for standing up to her is all new.
So, basically the update to that scene is nothing but text? That is incredibly lazy. So, I take it that's the NTR scene?

maveric619

Jun 14, 2017
So, basically the update to that scene is nothing but text? That is incredibly lazy. So, I take it that's the NTR scene?
If you've read any of their posts they've been talking about putting out less and less content because they cant afford to do so much and their attention is split with that other stupid game that nobody asked for and blah blah blah basic standard patreon BS

and yeah, that is the scene in question.

Tydeusv

Mar 2, 2017
If you've read any of their posts they've been talking about putting out less and less content because they cant afford to do so much and their attention is split with that other stupid game that nobody asked for and blah blah blah basic standard patreon BS

This release has exactly the same amount of art as any other - eight new CGs, plus variants. New scenes do not get art, they poll patrons for which ones do.

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
So, basically the update to that scene is nothing but text? That is incredibly lazy.
Here's how it works:
- A scene is written.
- Patreons play the game. Patreons vote which scenes should be drawn.
- A scene wins. The scene description is sent to the artist.
- The artist draws the scene.
That is all. Why does it work that way?
A) To involve patreons in the development of the game, since, you know, they pay for having a say in it.
B) Because it's very difficult to write a full scene, code it in, and have the artist draw it within a 4 week timespam. You can't send the description beforehand, because you don't always know for sure how a scene will play out when you make the first draft for it.

Consideration is being put into bi-monthly releases with double the content. There are several reasons for that, one of them being that when you have people on the team who also work regular jobs, SoC primarily happens over the weekend, and is finalized near the end of the month, which results in a mad dash to code it in on time.

We put out a release every moth, with scenes and CGs. However, I am always on the lookout for devs we can learn from. Please direct us to someone who you believe handles EroDev well.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
So the Andras x Alexia thing wont happen if Alexia already had her mid corruption event? I think those are the ones where she submits to Jezzy? Do I have to start over yet again lol..

I am very confused on whats happening in rastadel. I sided with the redhead. Had the meeting back at base. Went to abbey to capture it. Had the parade. Then it went to a night scene talking to Ameraine. They are talking about getting into the inner circle of Jaques and learning about some coup. Was a coup discussed in one of the meetings with Jaques before we picked a side? Memory is a bit fuzzy cus that was a while back for me. Anyways.. the way that scene played out after the parade was very confusing.

Also, if I go back to the Copper Club after siding with the other side, it just keeps playing the first meeting every time.
The way it works is like this. When Alexia hits medium corruption the mid-corruption scene (The one with the tree) plays. After that the game checks what levels of loyalty you have. If you have enough Jezera loyalty, then the Jezera event plays. At that point if you refuse to go with, or if you lack sufficient Jezera loyalty, then the Andras scene will play out.

There is a scene planned that would allow you to switch path but NTR hasn't been the main focus these part few updates and I have got to finish Rastedel first.

Answer regarding Rastdel: No that is a bug. There is a scene discussing a coup that is supposed to play. If you want to send in your fave file we can have a look.

I have no problem with unfinished games but I do want to play something with decent content how much is there in this?
Lots. It's to the point where there is now a good numbers of hour of gameplay. The current estimation is 10+

So, is the mid level NTR scene for Alexia the one where
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If that's not it, then I can't find any of these alleged new scenes.
That is the new NTR scene. More then 3k words in total.

Really wnna know is there something new planned for Helayna ? May be just mayyyy be?
I've got a scene with her half written, but I've been tinkering with it to make it right. I don't want to rush it out half done.

Actually that is false. The new update added a CG to a pre-existing text segment AND new text segments. Every release Seeds of Chaos adds, at present, 8 new CGs with variants. These typically go to pre-existing scenes so as to avoid making the CGs before the writing for the scenes is done.

So the development structure is always adding CGs to scenes.

I LOVE NTR
so what new ??? i need it for reaserch hehe
and how to trigger it
See above in my post for explanation of how to trigger the new Andras events. If you are not already a patron, I hope you'd be willing to help with the creation of more events in the future!

That is false. The other game is entirely self funded. We've actually been able to put out MORE content then normal. This release contained 30K words, 4 (technically 5) Sex Scenes, 8 Sex CGs, and 2 BGs. That makes it one of the largest in the game's history. If you're looking for a more sex heavy update, one is planned for next month now that most of the Rastdel set up is done.

GTCK

Dec 2, 2017
Here's how it works:
- A scene is written.
A) To involve patreons in the development of the game, since, you know, they pay for having a say in it.
B) Because it's very difficult to write a full scene, code it in, and have the artist draw it within a 4 week timespam. You can't send the description beforehand, because you don't always know for sure how a scene will play out when you make the first draft for it.

Consideration is being put into bi-monthly releases with double the content. There are several reasons for that, one of them being that when you have people on the team who also work regular jobs, SoC primarily happens over the weekend, and is finalized near the end of the month, which results in a mad dash to code it in on time.

We put out a release every moth, with scenes and CGs. However, I am always on the lookout for devs we can learn from. Please direct us to someone who you believe handles EroDev well.
Although i prefer larger updates on games that i follow, i don't really mind the fact that the Updates in SoC being smaller than other games because you guys Always make quality updates instead of simply an update full of events but without any quality.

Just hope you guys don't abandon the game, keep doing it in your pace and making it with quality instead of quantity, a good game is better than a big game but without anithing special, and your game is special. I can clearly see the effort and profeciionality that you guys put in the game, that's why i know that the updates are good the way they are, instead of rushing updates and making a mess on the game.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Here's how it works:
- A scene is written.

I don't care how you justify it, as I'm honestly not paying for it. The fact of the matter is you're releasing unfinished content. Justify it however you like, you're ripping people off. Do you know why patreons like Summertime Saga make so much money? It's not the art, or the content, or the fans having a say, it's the fans having the illusion of say. The patreon donators feel involved, but they're not involved any further than the order in which things are done. You should be scaling back on patreon input and simply use it as a guide. You'll have more consistent content, and that will bring in more fans. I would consider donating to the project as I enjoy NTR and I enjoy the art style. But between how poorly designed the game is, how heavily it seems to focus on randomness, and how incomplete things seem to be when you make releases, I am convinced not to. You basically put out a release with no content and now you're scaling back?

Tydeusv

Mar 2, 2017
I don't care how you justify it, as I'm honestly not paying for it. The fact of the matter is you're releasing unfinished content. Justify it however you like, you're ripping people off. Do you know why patreons like Summertime Saga make so much money? It's not the art, or the content, or the fans having a say, it's the fans having the illusion of say. The patreon donators feel involved, but they're not involved any further than the order in which things are done. You should be scaling back on patreon input and simply use it as a guide. You'll have more consistent content, and that will bring in more fans. I would consider donating to the project as I enjoy NTR and I enjoy the art style. But between how poorly designed the game is, how heavily it seems to focus on randomness, and how incomplete things seem to be when you make releases, I am convinced not to. You basically put out a release with no content and now you're scaling back?
Can you not read or are you just an idiot? He just said it had 25-30k words of new content and eight CGs.

Reactions: Not_A_Horse

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
The only thing missing from the thread has been found. Armchair dev trying to teach the real developers how to work better. This deserves Picard's double facepalm! :ROFLMAO:
source.gif

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
i am not seeing all the cgs. i can see only black screen in some scenes. what can be the problem?
For a long time, SoC was not running at a budget where we could make CGs for all the scenes we made in a month. We have since then slowly decreased the back log, but not all scenes have CGs. It is also impossible for us to make CGs for events written that month because it takes all month to write so there is no time for art until the following month.

It's not an error. Every scene in the game is slated to get CGs.

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes