manscout

Jun 13, 2018
I once again have to stress that if you’re being cucked in this game, your own choices are all that’s led you there. SoC allows you to avoid all cuckoldry and nearly all possible displays of submission entirely, while also allowing you to take several sexual partners, both dominantly and on equal footing, with few significant consequences at this stage in the game. Yes, you’re working for two people against your will, but unless you allow them to do otherwise, they generally leave you to your own devices as long as you fulfill the main tasks they ask of you (which mostly take the form of “conquer this place” or “recruit that army”).

I’m not sure where you’re getting the impression that this is some kind of cuckold fantasy unless all you’re reading is the NTR tag and literally nothing else.
Eh, playing devil's advocate and it mostly only applies to the twins, but SoC sometimes suffers from "embrace the fetish or get nothing" syndrome. With almost every single side-quest or side-event involving the twins, you need to bail out ASAP or someone is getting fucked and either Rowan or Alexia are going to get corrupted (Alexia's magic book, anytime Jezera asks litterally anything, anytime Andras stumbles upon Alexia).

It gets rather tiresome to have to skip so much side-content the moment the twins get involved if you're going for a "good route" with minimal corruption and avoiding NTR. Would be nice if there were more opportunities to interact with the twins without it unavoidably leading to sex and corruption, or at least ways to finish some of the side-quests without needing to choose between abandoning them with no closure or letting something bad happen to Rowan or Alexia.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
Eh, playing devil's advocate and it mostly only applies to the twins, but SoC sometimes suffers from "embrace the fetish or get nothing" syndrome. With almost every single side-quest or side-event involving the twins, you need to bail out ASAP or someone is getting fucked and either Rowan or Alexia are going to get corrupted (Alexia's magic book, anytime Jezera asks litterally anything, anytime Andras stumbles upon Alexia).

It gets rather tiresome to have to skip so much side-content the moment the twins get involved if you're going for a "good route" with minimal corruption and avoiding NTR. Would be nice if there were more opportunities to interact with the twins without it unavoidably leading to sex and corruption, or at least ways to finish some of the side-quests without needing to choose between abandoning them with no closure or letting something bad happen to Rowan or Alexia.
This critique specifically pertains to "the good route"/Low Corruption right?

Reactions: TheSexinati

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
This critique specifically pertains to "the good route"/Low Corruption right?
Yes, and its a minor critique. I understand keeping some characters tied to their fetish niche (i.e the futa succubus witch), but the twins are main characters and, outside of main-story events, you can rarely interact with them directly without consequences. You can mostly only hear about them from other people and then have to wait for the next main-story event to get more first-hand development for them.

There are some exceptions, some cute minor side-events like Andras' interest on the clockmaker and trying to use one of the maids to spy on Jezera, there's also the events that are about a macho standoff against Andras, those still generally give different solutions that still feel like conclusions to a complete event (Submit and get humiliated, Refuse meekly or slyly and potentially get berated for it, and fight back with different degrees of success but generally earning begrudging respect). But in contrast you have most of the Alexia/twins events and the Jezera events, where it is pretty much "try to do anything and it will lead to someone getting fucked and corruption to be gained" or "immediatelly say no and the event ends briefly and curtly", which doesn't really feel like an alternative conclusion to the event as much as a "skip".

I don't want to get too deep into what to do about those because I don't really think it is something that needs to be addressed, mostly a minor annoyance for a low corruption/no NTR path, and also because many possible solutions will depend on the great gameplay overhaul/fixes that is still to come and other future developments (could use the favor system to let Rowan and Alexia avoid sex with the twins without avoiding their interactions, depending on how the corruption numbers get balanced I could just afford to be less of a purist because there will be enough opportunities to lose most of the corruption gained with other events, could be the NTR won't have any consequences or there will be options to set an open relationship with Alexia, etc).

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
Okay so. I'll first take a second to note that this critique is a totally diffrent one from Chad Thundercock up there who is mad that Rowan can't become an evil emperor drowning in pussy without overthrowing the twins in Act 1 of the game.

You seem to be more saying that you don't like how many of the twins events seem to just end early if you're on a low corruption play through.

That's also a *much* more reasonable issue and one we can do something about. Yes, it should be possible to go to some of the twins corruption events in the game and add a little bit more meat to the "How about no corruption option". Adding some more content for Low Corruption Rowan/Alexia where they actively are conflict with the twins might help make a low corruption play through more engaging.

Only real downside is that it would take some devtime. Still, worth considering.

kiljaeden

Jun 2, 2019
Okay so. I'll first take a second to note that this critique is a totally diffrent one from Chad Thundercock up there who is mad that Rowan can't become an evil emperor drowning in pussy without overthrowing the twins in Act 1 of the game.

You seem to be more saying that you don't like how many of the twins events seem to just end early if you're on a low corruption play through.

That's also a *much* more reasonable issue and one we can do something about. Yes, it should be possible to go to some of the twins corruption events in the game and add a little bit more meat to the "How about no corruption option". Adding some more content for Low Corruption Rowan/Alexia where they actively are conflict with the twins might help make a low corruption play through more engaging.

Only real downside is that it would take some devtime. Still, worth considering.
I think you shouldn't even bother. This game is about corruption, chaos, being evil etc. More vanilla stuff will hurt your game. There are hundreds of vanilla games with loving couples. Also lots of harem games with 1 guy having all the women around him.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
I think you shouldn't even bother. This game is about corruption, chaos, being evil etc. More vanilla stuff will hurt your game. There are hundreds of vanilla games with loving couples. Also lots of harem games with 1 guy having all the women around him.
More *stuff to do* involving Andras and Jezera on Low Corruption does not have to mean more boring vanilla sex. It could mean more antagonistic interplay between Rowan and the Twins. More worldbuilding and conflict building.

Besides, it is actually useful to have a fully fleshed out, fully playable, game even if the player decides not to let themselves get corrupted. Partially because some players legitimately enjoy playing that way. Some people would enjoy vanilla sex with Rowan and Alexia too.

But, also because of Juxtaposition. The corruption content is itself stronger because the Player has an option of NOT playing that way. It makes the choices they make and the consequences of those choices more meaningful.

TheSexinati

Sep 1, 2017
Hey, I'm a pure, low-corruption player here.

I'm so pure, Jezera gives me shit for not watching people get fucked by tentacles. That's how pure I am! :cool:

And Andras goes all like "Whoah, this guy still pure" because I don't want to see Batri fuckin' Delane and avert my eyes. Yeaaaaaah!

So, I wouldn't mind seeing some more low-corruption content down the track, if it is ever possible.

What do I want? More Andras and Jezera reactions to mah purity and goodness!

Jezera: "He still does it..."
Andras: "That averting his eyes thing again?"
Jezera: "But why..."

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
I mean, to me its more about the whole cheating stuff and the fact corruption is meant to be a tangible thing in the game's lore, if it was meant to be a purely psychological/moral thing, some of Greyhide and futAlexia scenes should not give corruption and Rowan should be very resistant to it considering how many terrible things he already faced back in the day.

Also I haven't played since the last free version (probably gonna wait until a lot of the bugs are fixed before getting a new one), but I was on the edge of my seat for the conclusion of Rastedel as a righteous Rowan, having rescued Delane and earning Werden's trust, the confrontation between a Rowan that still wants to do the right thing and a Werden that was finally mellowing to him is gonna be dramatic as fuck.

Don't wanna diss the other routes, but corrupting a drunk bureaucrat or an inescrupulous merchant sounds pretty lame in comparison :p

aqd

Jul 16, 2017
I keep hoping Alexia will make the journey to Rastedel and Rowan can use her charms to gain influence. I'm 1 or 2 versions behind, but I don't think that's happened yet.

I actually enjoy low corruption/true love scenes between Rowan and Alexia, maybe because it then makes the high corruption ones more meaningful when you know there was another path. My favorite scenes are generally the greyhide and futa ones because the couple participates together. It's more swinging/cucking than straight NTR where Alexia is being stolen by Andras. But in general watching Alexia get corrupted is the best part of this game. I don't recall many scenes where a corrupt Rowan is pushing her into corruption though, it's usually her own choice.

Reactions: T800

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
I mean, to me its more about the whole cheating stuff and the fact corruption is meant to be a tangible thing in the game's lore, if it was meant to be a purely psychological/moral thing, some of Greyhide and futAlexia scenes should not give corruption and Rowan should be very resistant to it considering how many terrible things he already faced back in the day.

Also I haven't played since the last free version (probably gonna wait until a lot of the bugs are fixed before getting a new one), but I was on the edge of my seat for the conclusion of Rastedel as a righteous Rowan, having rescued Delane and earning Werden's trust, the confrontation between a Rowan that still wants to do the right thing and a Werden that was finally mellowing to him is gonna be dramatic as fuck.

Don't wanna diss the other routes, but corrupting a drunk bureaucrat or an inescrupulous merchant sounds pretty lame in comparison :p
Greyhide and X'z are not my department. I cannot comment.

The Werden Route is *probably* not going to be done for the big finale release this month. It's one of the more finicky versions and it's probably the least commonly picked route. I suspect it's going to get a lot of material in March.

I freely admit that I love writing Werden. I like to write him like a figure out of Plutarch. But, I think you'll find that I gave a lot of life to both Jacques and Patricia. They're both far more interesting then their archetype would call for. To me, Patricia and Jacques are much more phsychological figures then Werden who is just a bit more of a mythic/historical figure. That's rather reductive. All three are a little of both, but it's all about percentages.

I keep hoping Alexia will make the journey to Rastedel and Rowan can use her charms to gain influence. I'm 1 or 2 versions behind, but I don't think that's happened yet.

I actually enjoy low corruption/true love scenes between Rowan and Alexia, maybe because it then makes the high corruption ones more meaningful when you know there was another path. My favorite scenes are generally the greyhide and futa ones because the couple participates together. It's more swinging/cucking than straight NTR where Alexia is being stolen by Andras. But in general watching Alexia get corrupted is the best part of this game. I don't recall many scenes where a corrupt Rowan is pushing her into corruption though, it's usually her own choice.
Yeah. Imma just go ahead and say Alexia will not be involved in Rastedel. Homie, Alexia has Nine major states. Rowan has 3 normally, but Rowan!Rastedel has 12. The total state combination for Alexia!Rastedel is over 100. (One of our goals for Act 2 is to clean up the state/counter a little bit)

No.

Fuck no.

There is going to be one or two Rowan/Alexia scenes in this update. The Vanilla Low Corruption one is done and in the coding pile. Still could be bumped just because the coding demands of this release is so extensive. There is also a "Rowan helps corrupt Alexia" type scene that is being worked on but has a higher bump probability. There is no Greyhide!Threesome scene presently in the queue, but there is some Greyhide high on our to do list.

Proto Persona

Jan 23, 2018
Dear god I laughed out loud to this. Though I think his expectation was that Rowan has already smacked the twins down in act 1. No being weak for that guy!

aqd

Jul 16, 2017
Greyhide and X'z are not my department. I cannot comment.

The Werden Route is *probably* not going to be done for the big finale release this month. It's one of the more finicky versions and it's probably the least commonly picked route. I suspect it's going to get a lot of material in March.

I freely admit that I love writing Werden. I like to write him like a figure out of Plutarch. But, I think you'll find that I gave a lot of life to both Jacques and Patricia. They're both far more interesting then their archetype would call for. To me, Patricia and Jacques are much more phsychological figures then Werden who is just a bit more of a mythic/historical figure. That's rather reductive. All three are a little of both, but it's all about percentages.

Yeah. Imma just go ahead and say Alexia will not be involved in Rastedel. Homie, Alexia has Nine major states. Rowan has 3 normally, but Rowan!Rastedel has 12. The total state combination for Alexia!Rastedel is over 100. (One of our goals for Act 2 is to clean up the state/counter a little bit)

No.

Fuck no.

There is going to be one or two Rowan/Alexia scenes in this update. The Vanilla Low Corruption one is done and in the coding pile. Still could be bumped just because the coding demands of this release is so extensive. There is also a "Rowan helps corrupt Alexia" type scene that is being worked on but has a higher bump probability. There is no Greyhide!Threesome scene presently in the queue, but there is some Greyhide high on our to do list.
What? You're not going to cater to my specific fetish? As I've learned from the wisdom of those who came before: screw this game, I'm out! Nobody support it! /s

Anyway... great game. Didn't realize it had so many paths/states. Just 3 is a huge amount of juggling and content to produce to progress the story, I can't imagine how hard 12 must be to resolve and stay consistent.

Lokplart

- I can code, I guess :D
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
That R guy is just what I call hunting for attention.

I mean.. what goes on through your head when you start complaining about ntr in a game tagged with ntr.

On that logic let me just say, it's not cool to have sex scenes be FORCED upon me in this nsfw game. Please re-rwrite the whole game so that no such thing happens again. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lokplart

- I can code, I guess :D
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
how to I gain access to the console, so I can see the gallery through commands?
I'm not sure what you want to do here... the normal gallery (CG Gallery) should be fully unlocked...

If you are talking about the Scene Replay gallery there are only 5 replayable scenes implemented in the game rn
1. The one in the beginning
2. The one where you choose Jezara when you arrive at the castle
3. The one where you choose Andras when you arrive at the castle
4. The one where Andras fucks Alexia if you let her when you sneak out to meet her (needs ntr)
5. The one where Rowan fucks Alexia if you choose to live in the same room

If you've played until week 5 and made the right decisions you should have all of them unlocked

Do you want cheats to unlock those?

Qayyas

Aug 5, 2018
Add some humiliation content too.
For example: andrasXalexiaXrowan or orcsXalexiaxrowan , anymalecharachterxalexiaxrowan , in middle of meeting or anything in the hall andrasxalexia event that'll feature everyone watching.
Add more of Alexia-x-Andras , Alexia-x-Orcs , Alexia-X-Andras-x-Rowan etc content.

Reactions: Lokplart

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
Add some humiliation content too.
For example: andrasXalexiaXrowan or orcsXalexiaxrowan , anymalecharachterxalexiaxrowan , in middle of meeting or anything in the hall andrasxalexia event that'll feature everyone watching.
We've only just gotten to a point where Alexia is more or less willingly giving Andras sexual pleasure...humiliation will be a ways away (not to mention that that type of content is always a bit iffy, given that the twins need Rowan to be somewhat respected).

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
I am a bit disappointed that we're forced to lead Orcs or other creatures all the time. Wish we could have a path or chance to recruit humans instead.

When the game first started out, with how they framed that Rowan was a famous hero and that people looked up to him, I thought he would of been able to trick some people into following him. Or even get an evil human cult that follows Rowan who either secretly or openly serves the twins. Cause then that will give Rowan a chance to either resist the twin's evil plans down the road for a so called good route, or to eventually supplant them in an "now I am the master" evil route. Especially since we can convince human towns to surrender to us. Would of thought we could of gotten some levies from them.

Plus I am just not a fan of orcs raping and murdering everything. Rather just watch humans do it (or at least good looking ones, cause I think orcs are ugly).

Just my two cents.

Qayyas

Aug 5, 2018
We've only just gotten to a point where Alexia is more or less willingly giving Andras sexual pleasure...humiliation will be a ways away (not to mention that that type of content is always a bit iffy, given that the twins need Rowan to be somewhat respected).
Umm okay I got it now but I'd like to see more of alexiaxandras content and maybe you can add some andrasxjazeraxalexia content or alexiaxandrasxrowanxjazera or maybe andrasxjezera?
I'd love to see them tou but think more about alexiaX(male characters like andras orcs and that army guy or strider or monsters in the orc camp maybe)
This content is what many players will love including me❣

4.00 star(s) 163 Votes