T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
The village stuff and many of their mechanical effects are changing. We've been reworking them from a coding and design standpoint.

sukebe333

Jun 6, 2019
hey, I'm new here
so it's look like it have gay scene based on the tags, is it can be avoided in the game or not?

love your work, keep going!

rivon

Jun 14, 2018
This suicide thought doesn't help.:HideThePain:
Who will be next on the butcher block ? What NPC arc after Shaya?
I mean she ok and all. Where is red head grill HELENA! GIB RED HEAD wench!

MLS61

Aug 29, 2017
So, is there a reason to play goody-two-shoes Rowan? To not cheat on Alexia with pretty much anything that moves? because as far as I can tell, you can just give her some loving too and she won't mind all that much... I guess maybe different paths are for later in development.

blergh123

May 31, 2020
IMO the biggest problem with game
(in addittion to the fact that its still in dev and somewhat short if you just go for the objectives)
is the fact that random events when visiting village etc, or at turn end govern so much of the game. You need to savescum if you want certain things to happen

Jan 10, 2018
So, is there a reason to play goody-two-shoes Rowan? To not cheat on Alexia with pretty much anything that moves? because as far as I can tell, you can just give her some loving too and she won't mind all that much... I guess maybe different paths are for later in development.
Honoring your marital vows, and respecting the fact that she doesn't like the idea of you sleeping around even if she puts up with it :unsure: ?

(Apologies in advance for the joke; I understand what you meant, but the sentiment is amusing to me when taken out of context.)

IMO the biggest problem with game
(in addittion to the fact that its still in dev and somewhat short if you just go for the objectives)
is the fact that random events when visiting village etc, or at turn end govern so much of the game. You need to savescum if you want certain things to happen
Calling it a "problem" reads a bit harsh to me, but I do agree. There's no reason not to savescum away the "Dragon Destroys Village" event, for instance, outside of a vague feeling that savescumming isn't playing the game "properly".

And this holds particularly true for Abbey events, where you can miss out on some pretty well-written events if you don't savescum to, say, see the "Stubborn caretaker refuses to abandon abbey" event over the "Monks hiding in the basement" event.

Personally, I'd strongly prefer that these events were fixed at the game's start, so that you'd be guaranteed to get certain events each time you visited a village, abbey, orc camp, or mine. To preserve replayability (if that's a concern), they could put different locations into different pools; one for "special" events (like where you decide whether or not research the potentially dangerous statue or encounter Dazzarath), one for "normal" events (poison gas in the mines, encountering orc tribe occupying mine), and a few designated "just plain generic" locations (normal "What do you want to do with the village/mine?" event). Ideally, the game should also check how many village destroyed/mine dangerous/abbey worthless events were seeded, and switch out one of the "generic" sites with a "useless" site, if there weren't enough - each game should have about the same amount of potential income, in my opinion.

This does raise the possibility that some events might be problematic to seed if they rely on other events having fired first - but this can be handled by preventing you from accessing the site until the prerequisite event occurred. "You see knights from Rastadel in the village, and decide to come back later", or something similar. Encouraging the player to backtrack at times would also help address the issue where you can easily visit everywhere worth seeing in the first twenty weeks, leaving further exploration feeling somewhat... Aimless.

I don't mind random chance playing a role in the game; I just wish more of it were decided at the game's start, so you weren't occasionally left with the nagging feeling that you missed out on interesting events.

Reactions: T800

AVeryDarkLord

Jan 31, 2021
Once Alexia has sex with Andras, are there any following events on that path? I don't mean events with artwork but any sort of interactions e.g. Alexia confessing or hinting to Rowan about what she did or Alexia talking with Andras in the hallway or something? Was just wondering if that was the (current) end of the path or not.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Once Alexia has sex with Andras, are there any following events on that path? I don't mean events with artwork but any sort of interactions e.g. Alexia confessing or hinting to Rowan about what she did or Alexia talking with Andras in the hallway or something? Was just wondering if that was the (current) end of the path or not.
Yes, there are quite a few non-sex encounters between the two if you let things go down that path.

Reactions: AVeryDarkLord

AVeryDarkLord

Jan 31, 2021
Yes, there are quite a few non-sex encounters between the two if you let things go down that path.
Are they triggered by anything in particular or do they just occur in the course of play? Because the Alexia/Andras event fired before the taking of Rastadel and getting the orc allies but if I just hit "skip week" then I didn't get any new interactions/encounters.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Are they triggered by anything in particular or do they just occur in the course of play? Because the Alexia/Andras event fired before the taking of Rastadel and getting the orc allies but if I just hit "skip week" then I didn't get any new interactions/encounters.
There are a few factors that goes into it. Some of it depends on how close and comfortable those two in particular are with each other, or how pure or corrupt Alexia is, or even what (in)actions that Rowan has elected to do in other seemly unrelated events. Depending on those stats and event chain outcomes, you'll even have variations of how such encounters with Alexia and Andras will play out as well. I don't want to spoil things for you; that way you can enjoy or be shocked and experience the interactions between those two as they unfold. Have fun!

Reactions: AVeryDarkLord

AVeryDarkLord

Jan 31, 2021
There are a few factors that goes into it. Some of it depends on how close and comfortable those two in particular are with each other, or how pure or corrupt Alexia is, or even what (in)actions that Rowan has elected to do in other seemly unrelated events. Depending on those stats and event chain outcomes, you'll even have variations of how such encounters with Alexia and Andras will play out as well. I don't want to spoil things for you; that way you can enjoy or be shocked and experience the interactions between those two as they unfold. Have fun!
Do they require the Rastadel arc to happen first though? I only ask because skipping weeks without doing that hasn't yielded any results.

Thanks!

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes