Aug 26, 2016
New update time.

Hello everyone,
Another month and another release out on time without any major issues, so I think it is safe to say we are starting to get the hang out this. I was a bit worried with the writer issues and having to code everything at the last minute, which is pretty tight, but we are still managing to squeeze everything in. A lot of games that earn more money than we do take longer breaks for similar amounts of content and are still late and buggy, so I'm quite proud of how we have been doing so far.

Speaking of that release, here is a little something of what you can expect - I'm currently working on the Tarish route from the orciad, so there will be some of that, along with the last Alexia dungeon scene. I asked winter to focus of the Batri route of the orciad, so that is his priority, but he's also hoping to get a bit more Helayna material done as well. Rein, as well as our new writer, Phoenix, are both working on resource events for when we extend the map, and nicc is continuing to code the changes to the UI.

Art wise, Erick has very nearly finished the underground map, as you can see above, he just has one more room left to do. He's also doing one of the CGs this month, at the request of winter, as well as looking at ways to improve the world map. Keidi is illustrating more items (again, wips above), and working on a sprite for Jak, the character from the Indarah scene, as he will be making more appearances later. Momdadno has done two CGs already, which the backers have seen, and will be working on a third shortly, and LB has the third wulump CG to do.

So, quite a mix there, and hopefully something to keep most of you happy. Obviously, I wanted to be done with the Orciad by now, but the issues with writers have bogged that down a bit. I have implemented changes into how these narratives are planned to avoid it happening again though, so hopefully things like this will cause less problems in the future. The new release will be out by the end of the month, probably the 27th.

Lastly, winter has been working on another game, for which he is the writer and creative director called Cosplay Convention Crisis.

"Follow Jacob Kirby as his annual trip to Con-Ton the local anime and comic convention goes horribly awry when an interstellar crisis plays out on the floor of the convention. Now, Jacob is the only one who can stop further bloodshed, and since this is a Dating Sim, he must do so by getting to know three cute girls! "

It is being made in Ren'Py, and the plan is to have three selectable heroines, six routes/endings, and over 30 CGs. You can find out more .

Honestly, not much interesting here to me personally as far as the game itself goes. I'm only really interested in the Orciad stuff in so far as it leads to Rowan getting to claim the noblewoman for himself. The new art is nice, and I would guess that the last Alexia dungeon scene should be entertaining enough for people who like corruption.

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
I do have to laugh at the irony that, as far as I know, MDN actually likes to draw tentacle scenes, but doesn't get to do the Wulump scenes.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
(s)He can't really complain since (s)he is getting paid to draw another scene. :winkytongue:
That is a good way to reduce time.

Anyway, nice art on the underground map.

Aug 26, 2016
I do have to laugh at the irony that, as far as I know, MDN actually likes to draw tentacle scenes, but doesn't get to do the Wulump scenes.
Oh now this is interesting, someone else is working on art for this project? Man I thought the "one character, many different faces" issue was bad enough before, lol.

(s)He can't really complain since (s)he is getting paid to draw another scene. :winkytongue:
That is a good way to reduce time.

Anyway, nice art on the underground map.
I'm pretty sure momdadno is a man.

Tydeusv

Mar 2, 2017
Oh now this is interesting, someone else is working on art for this project? Man I thought the "one character, many different faces" issue was bad enough before, lol.
The CGs from the new artist are being passed on to the person who does the sprites, so the faces actually look the same.

Aug 26, 2016
The CGs from the new artist are being passed on to the person who does the sprites, so the faces actually look the same.
Great, but momdadno is still working on the rest of the art, isn't he? I mean I have nothing against the guy personally, but he has the opposite of the old sameface problem a lot of the art teams working on JP games have.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I'm pretty sure momdadno is a man.
Best to never presume one's gender on the internet. :relievedface:

Minor issue. I take that if it means reliably getting the 6 CG per month instead of delays because of redrawing faces, like what happened with Claire's Quest.

Reactions: TheSexinati

Klu

Sep 4, 2017
You really shouldn't speak for other people. I can enjoy NTR without the husband being part of it just fine.
Just something I want to clarify before I get crucified, when I say ntr, I mean on the original definition of the word, netorare isn't simply just cheating, it's when the story takes a focus on the emotions of the person being cheated on, specifically the bad emotions, I know that it might sound strange, but japanese labels have a pretty different type of focus when compared to western labels. Bara for example doesn't mean muscular men, it means manly men. NTR fans can't be exactly happy, at least when it comes to this kink because there's basically nothing of it, the closest there is, is when we get to see Alexia/Rowan mad after the scene with the Blacksmith.

Edit: Oh just to add, NTR normally involves both the cuck seeing the action and the partner not only enjoying it, but also humiliating the person being cucked. NTR is a pretty dark kink as far as kinks go.

I personally much prefer when the person being cheated on gets off to it at some level, present or not when the cheating happens.

yoyozjach

Mar 9, 2018
Need help! Does any one know how to unlock 2nd version of dinner is served event? I have all other CGs exept for that. There are 3 versions: Basic 1 with Andras fucking helayne and alexia watching, 3rd is the same with cumshot but in CG list there is 2nd version between, iirc its the same but alexia has closed eyes and she is blushing. I restarted game many times, changing some decisions but every time she is shamesly watching -.-

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
I always end up in prison .....always fail to earn respective money.....and also I always fail at skill check.

ShocLite12

Oct 24, 2017
I found a glitch in the game. When you come across the female drakken during your search in Week 4, the game reintroduces you to Indara (I think I have that name right) and then backtracks even further to when Alexia and Rowan are allowed by the twin demons to see each other. Reloading a previous save appears to eliminate the latter problem, but the meeting with the tavern master is played again.

ShocLite12

Oct 24, 2017
The latest update is playing several scenes over and over again, and the number of moves available each week does not seem to match up with the number of moves you are able to make each week.

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
The latest update is playing several scenes over and over again, and the number of moves available each week does not seem to match up with the number of moves you are able to make each week.
I haven't noticed this, are you accounting for the different types of terrain taking up different amount of moves?

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes