ronadan

Jul 2, 2017
I think there are western games that get more new content that a player would see in a single playthrough than SoC in the same time frame, but they're without fail 3D or text with occasional pictures, not fully 2D games, and don't diverge in nearly all the ways SoC does.
There are examples of fully 2D games that fit those standards, but we're talking about a few gems in a huge landfill. Hreinn games for example has Noxian Nights finished and currently they're developing the kingdom of deception. solid game, nice art, fully 2D, VN style. (tho people also complain about them being slow)

but to be fair, it's a reality that many western smut games end up unfinished, rushed, or onhold (basically milking). being concern about something like that is not a bad thing in itself and I personally understand it. what I don't like about these posters is accusing and pointing fingers, sometimes even insulting the devs and judging them based on absolutely nothing, because they just saw the version number and years passed and rushed to the reply section to rescue clueless people from the devs, WHILE NOT KNOWING ANYTHING ABOUT THE PRODUCT, IN A PIRATE SITE. jesus

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2017
There are examples of fully 2D games that fit those standards, but we're talking about a few gems in a huge landfill. Hreinn games for example has Noxian Nights finished and currently they're developing the kingdom of deception. solid game, nice art, fully 2D, VN style. (tho people also complain about them being slow)

but to be fair, it's a reality that many western smut games end up unfinished, rushed, or onhold (basically milking). being concern about something like that is not a bad thing in itself and I personally understand it. what I don't like about these posters is accusing and pointing fingers, sometimes even insulting the devs and judging them based on absolutely nothing, because they just saw the version number and years passed and rushed to the reply section to rescue clueless people from the devs, WHILE NOT KNOWING ANYTHING ABOUT THE PRODUCT, IN A PIRATE SITE. jesus
You cannot seriously bring up KoD as a favourable comparison to Seeds Of Chaos. SoC still has updates every 2 months. KoD hasn't been updated on here since March and the quality of updates has also fallen off dramatically especially in the art department. Whereas with SoC the new art continues to amaze (cheers Sommy) and the older art is being improved. Yes of course we'd all like to see things done quicker. But anyone who accuses the SoC devs of milking should be thankful a project of this scope is still moving steadily and keeping the quality up in its updates.

Jun 8, 2017
Man all this talk about milking gave me a memory lane trip, I am supporting seed of chaos since 2017 when it first pop in fenoxo forum where Lord Arioch(aka Lord Cuck) himself used so say how he is sinking his own money in this game and constantly in red in terms of money, I still remember this game did not even make $500 month. Not gonna lie those time I constantly worried this game gonna be dead due to low support. How far they have come I feel so glad that I supported this game since its early days.

A360

Jun 29, 2018
No, I'm not too harsh on your ability to design. I come from a game development background, it crushed my desire to work in game development out of me. It was dreadful, but my armchair is an informed armchair.

You couldn't handle the job to the extent you never want to do it again but feel able to tell people how to do the job? That seems a bit arrogant especially when calling others unprofessional in attitude and capability. And you didn't have to deal with people calling you scammers, cucks or asking for x soul scarring fetish to be added. Games by big devs have everything from graphics, story and mechanics reworked, binned or go in a different direction sometimes radically during development, some have things reworked or added after release. An erotic game been made on just over £113,000 a year by a small team is not poorly designed or them unprofessional and lacking in capability for having a similar process. So yeah your criticisms are harsh and unreasonable.

You may have experience with game development but I don't think you know much about managing a big project reliant on funding from the likes of patreon.

Scenes without artwork for example is nothing to do with bad design or even good design. Even if you can do everything else yourself and all the money goes on commissioning the art you will only be getting so much a month. If your game is going to have 200 scenes and the artists can draw 10 scenes a month but 20 scenes are written a month and you have to release every month what are you supposed to do? Scale the game back, change the design, keep delaying scenes until the art is there, sit down and scratch your arse and just stop working? No you release what you have and the art can be added down the line as this and Last Sovereign did because you have a commitment to them patrons and rely on that income. That's nothing to do with poor design it's just a result of how the games funded.

Last edited:

WatsonJohn

Jul 27, 2020
Man all this talk about milking gave me a memory lane trip, I am supporting seed of chaos since 2017 when it first pop in fenoxo forum where Lord Arioch(aka Lord Cuck) himself used so say how he is sinking his own money in this game and constantly in red in terms of money, I still remember this game did not even make $500 month. Not gonna lie those time I constantly worried this game gonna be dead due to low support. How far they have come I feel so glad that I supported this game since its early days.
Lord Arioch is a cuck?

• Wow
Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

ronadan

Jul 2, 2017
You cannot seriously bring up KoD as a favourable comparison to Seeds Of Chaos. SoC still has updates every 2 months. KoD hasn't been updated on here since March and the quality of updates has also fallen off dramatically especially in the art department.
I'm aware of the KoD problems, but they were fine before and delivered what they promised. My point was mostly that we have fully 2D western games that actually ended up fine. like Noxian Nights (and anyone who played NN knows it's pretty good). considering the complications of the last year (covid etc) and the small size of their team, I still have hope for KoD. tho this is not the place to talk about them.

also I do appreciate SoC and its team, their passion and the fact that they're quick in responding to community, even when people act like jerks. THIS is a smut game we should support for sure

4.00 star(s) 165 Votes