Back

Aug 3, 2017
First time I ever heard of that.
Wait, was she not? The goblin daughter was not slated to be with Rowan and be brought into the clan that way? :unsure:

I know it's been years since I last did a solid playthrough but I'm fairly certain that's how the goblin party with the clan went down where Cla-Min wanted her daughter to be with him. Cla-Min even schemed things out where a betrothal gift can be acquired and a separate followup meet with Cla-Mini happened as well. (I just figured it's not by circumstance that Cla-Mini found Rowan alone as he was doing his rounds but was part of the machinations of Cla-Min to bring Rowan into the fold of her clan.) Of course, Cla-Min had her fun along the way while carrying out her plans.

But yeah, I suppose I'm wrong. Either I read into it back in the day, or it was simply changed as development continued. Like how Helayna started off as a minor character but evolved and stuck around due to fan popularity, or like how the nemisis system got dropped wholesale, or like how mage Alexia won't be a thing in act two (iirc) due to too many Alexia states, and so on. Regardless, are you excited about heading into act two?

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
I mean that may have indeed been the case. Cla-Min's original writer was DM, but for private reasons he needed to take a break, so a junior writer took over while I oversaw the completion of act 1 storyline. I may have taken it in a different direction than what he envisioned writing the dinner scene and Cla-Mini blowjob.

Stuff like that happens when different people sub in over original writers, which is why we don't like to do it. People sometimes complain why is sidestuff being developed when some of the main storylines aren't being worked on - it's because the sidestuff is written by junior writers to bring them up to speed, and the main writer for the other stuff might not be available at the moment.

The nemesis system got pushed to act 2. You do meet your first nemesis in act 1 though.

Jun 28, 2017
I mean that may have indeed been the case. Cla-Min's original writer was DM, but for private reasons he needed to take a break, so a junior writer took over while I oversaw the completion of act 1 storyline. I may have taken it in a different direction than what he envisioned writing the dinner scene and Cla-Mini blowjob.

Stuff like that happens when different people sub in over original writers, which is why we don't like to do it. People sometimes complain why is sidestuff being developed when some of the main storylines aren't being worked on - it's because the sidestuff is written by junior writers to bring them up to speed, and the main writer for the other stuff might not be available at the moment.

The nemesis system got pushed to act 2. You do meet your first nemesis in act 1 though.
Is it someone Rowan knows?

bZokko1

Feb 2, 2019
Sketch—More Helayna's Knightmare

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Best reason for Rowan to become corrupt coming through. :cool:
He wanted to protect the innocent, but instead foster up the most viscous demon waifu for it. I'm all for that twist if indeed that's the plan.

Now the big question, does she stay like this? Bedroom scenes might be a bit spicey for patreon. :LOL:

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
Can anybody tell me the MCs personality? Is he dominant or Sub since I see no male dom tag?
Mostly sub, he is kinda the wimp in the game. I guess it is important for the setting. Most of the other male characters in game are better than him in your standard fantasy Netorare ways. Cool monsters with superpowers and a huge dicks.

The MC is a regular run o' the mill human of below average height. Rockin that standard anime protagonist look, but with extra bulk. I think his whole thing is he is supposed to be like batman- and overcoming his human limitations is supposed to make the player feel cool. Didn't work for me- b/c he rarely does it in compelling ways and its boring to be so mid in a dark fantasy setting. Guts constantly got his cheeks clapped too, but at least he is badass.

The Mc's shtick is he is supposed to be very clever, buuuuuut..... there is a lot of disagreements re: if the player base think the writers pulled that off. I reckon it varies writer to writer and piece to piece. I didn't find it satisfying myself and didn't feel like he had very much good dom content.

At this point he can only really dominate incredibly weak characters, or character that want to be submissive. A lot of his dominant scenes are kinda a dom congo line as well, where he is the middle man below the true Domme / Dom in the tri-angle.

Don't get me wrong, there are a few highlights, but if you really prefer playing a dominant leaning character, I'd
check back after multiple years for development. You may just find yourself frustrated at this point.

Last edited:

rick_6144

Mar 18, 2022
Mostly sub, he is kinda the wimp in the game. I guess it is important for the setting. Most of the other male characters in game are better then him in your standard fantasy Netorare ways. Cool monsters with superpowers and a huge dicks.

The MC is a regular run o' the mill human of below average height. Rockin that standard anime protagonist look, but with extra bulk. I think his whole thing is he is supposed to be like batman- and overcoming his human limitations is supposed to make the player feel cool. Didn't work for me- b/c he rarely does it in compelling ways and its boring to be so mid in a dark fantasy setting. Guts constantly got his cheeks clapped too, but at least he is badass.

The Mc's shtick is he is supposed to be very clever, buuuuuut..... there is a lot of disagreements re: if the player base think the writers pulled that off. I reckon it varies writer to writer and piece to piece. I didn't find it satisfying myself and didn't feel like he had very much good dom content.

At this point he can only really dominate incredibly weak characters, or character that want to be submissive. A lot of his dominant scenes are kinda a dom congo line as well, where he is the middle man below the true Domme / Dom in the tri-angle.

Don't get me wrong, there are a few highlights, but if you really prefer playing a dominant leaning character, I'd
check back after multiple years for development. You may just find yourself frustrated at this point.
exactly.......precisely why I ditched the game

Reactions: monk_56

Versace217

Mar 21, 2019
Mostly sub, he is kinda the wimp in the game. I guess it is important for the setting. Most of the other male characters in game are better then him in your standard fantasy Netorare ways. Cool monsters with superpowers and a huge dicks.

If that's your view, then I don't think you really understand the story and how much pressure Rowan is under not to mention the sword that's constantly hanging over his and Alexia's heads.

Saying that he's "regular" while he's simultaneously managing Bloodmeen and it's funds, the twin's armies, personally scouting and conquering the lands, building diplomatic relationships, keeping the twins from blowing their heads, while also making the time for some interpersonal relationships is like saying superman is "regular".

Yeah I'm pretty sure any "regular" human can manage all that. Oh and I suppose you like those super hot wannabe MCs who only think with their dicks?

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
If that's your view, then I don't think you really understand the story and how much pressure Rowan is under not to mention the sword that's constantly hanging over his and Alexia's heads.

Saying that he's "regular" while he's simultaneously managing Bloodmeen and it's funds, the twin's armies, personally scouting and conquering the lands, building diplomatic relationships, keeping the twins from blowing their heads, while also making the time for some interpersonal relationships is like saying superman is "regular".

Yeah I'm pretty sure any "regular" human can manage all that. Oh and I suppose you like those super hot wannabe MCs who only think with their dicks?
I well understand the premise and groundwork laid at the start of the game does not allow for a dominant character. If the MC cannot overcome any of those problems it lends itself to submissive and netorare content trends b/c he is the Villian's toadie A Priori.

Sorry to stamp on your genius high-ground :rolleyes:, but the premise isn't exactly difficult to follow. :p The issue is that we disagree on what a dominant character is. The whole premise of the story creates a submissive situation, of which the needle has moved very little on throughout development.

You say he is not subby b/c he is "under a lot of pressure" and "there is a sword that's constantly hanging over his and Alexia's heads." So, being too weak, too lazy, too stupid, or too afraid to work towards conquering his situation excuses him from being submissive? The bullies are too stonk! Even if it does excuse the behavior it will not be satisfying for a player wanting good dom content on their MC.

Anyway....

There are a few plots for decent resist content here or there, but most of the time Rowan just ends up being a glorified quartermasters with NPC tier allegiance to doing his masters bidding. You get some choice re: how to accomplish the things the masters want, but none of it really seems to change the story much towards building resist content. I suppose the developers could have some elaborate plan to tie all those elements together later- but there are too few of them to weave anything compelling without a McGuffin so it feels unlikely and even more unlikely to be a satisfying conclusion.

If you resist the twins more actively you just get roadblocked and/or killed like you might by a bad DM that specifically wants your story to follow their very narrowly laid out vision. Which, is mostly fair in a video-game b/c it cannot account for infinite branching like tabletop. Buuuuuuuuuut, if the premise includes that you can be a dominant character, that character should be allowed to do dominant things instead of constantly getting railroaded back into the tracks laid out for submissives and cucks with a slap on the wrist and an in game punishment for trying to play the way you want.

8 years of development and the MC being the Villian's bitch is *still* the status quo. Ofc the game is sub leaning. If they had wanted to build a dominant MC, that MC would be actively working (and making progress) towards extracting themselves from that situation and there would be more interesting and more numerous plot threads with those themes. It may have been their intention, but if it was they either failed, they didn't get to it yet, they got too lost in the sub/cuck sauce, or that tree has yet to bear fruit.

There were plenty of things that could hypothetically be stepping stones towards that direction if the developers intend to step on them. Emphasis on "if." It is far more likely the content spread remains static over time than becomes more dominant. That is what the developers have served over time and seem to prefer serving. Top that off with the fact that the few writers that worked on the more compelling dominant content for the MC have straight up left the project :ROFLMAO:.

Regardless, at the moment there is almost no pay-off for the dominant preferring player and many would find the entire experience frustrating b/c of it. You can dom a few weak side characters, but the meat of the game will frame you as a sub: bon appétit! :sleep:

Last edited:
Reactions: rick_6144
4.00 star(s) 170 Votes