Ren'Py Sekira [v0.8.4b Fix 1] [Mensh]

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes

yercat

Dec 6, 2017
So, i played it, and suddenly i think i ended this version, idk what was new.

Still, so far the content was.

Tentacle trying to rape you.
Bunny trying to rape you.
Squirrel sucking your futa dick.
Tavern owner touching you.
Squirrel milking you.

That's everything i could do.

spectral

Jul 1, 2017
I got to the point where you know the recipe for the potion for the squirrel, but I can't find the squirrel. I go to the woods and there's a huge tree and I can't interact with anything, I go to the house and it's all normal, I go to the tavern and it's all normal. Is that just how far the content goes?

Merkher

Sep 14, 2017
Why.... Why Every F***ing time when i see a real good Hand Art Style Project,
with a good story and gameplay, Every F***ing time i aslo see this:

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy????????????????????? :(
There's 1441 games on this site with Female Protagonist + 2dcg tags and Male Protagonist tag excluded (so female protagonist exclusive). That's against 2466 games with Male Protagonist + 2dcg tags and Female Protagonist excluded. That's already over 1000 more games with male MC.

We can go even further and substract RPG Maker games from these numbers, because good amount of hand drawn female MC games are Japanese and often machine translated, so that's not exactly the high quality we're going here for.

That leaves us with:

810 games with Female Protagonist + 2dcg and without Male Protagonist + RPG Maker

2024 games with Male Protagonist + 2dcg and without Female Protagonist + RPG Maker

Which means 1214 more games with hand drawn art and exclusive Male Protagonist.

Now, how many of these are "a real good Hand Art Style Project" is an entirely different matter, because that tends to be subjective. I would still bet in favor of male protagonist, though.

Anyway, listen. I get that you feel disappointed when a game with good hand drawn art ends up being female MC only. I feel the same every time a new, promising male MC game pops up on latest updates page. But, please, don't go into those games' threads just to complain about it. There's at least one person like you grumbling about their disappointment with MC's gender in almost every game thread that has female protagonist tag (probably the same goes for male protagonist tag). You have 2466 (or 2024 if you dislike RPG Maker) games with your preferable MC's gender. I'm sure you can find something to your liking, eh?

Unless you're Futa/trans protagonist fan. In that case, sorry for my assumption.

And to add something about the game itself just so I'm not completely off-topic. I got to say that I'm a bit disappointed with the switch from RPG Maker to Renpy. Normally that would be a good thing, but this game actually had some awesome original sprites, backgrounds, ui etc. instead of the usual stock RPG Maker stuff. That said, I'm holding off on my judgement until I actually play that new Renpy version. As long as art style stays the same it should be good.

Dsandr

May 12, 2018
"... and Win10 and now renpy for a few dollars more ..."
RIP

Last edited:

ryu7432

Sep 30, 2017
There's 1441 games on this site with Female Protagonist + 2dcg tags and Male Protagonist tag excluded (so female protagonist exclusive). That's against 2466 games with Male Protagonist + 2dcg tags and Female Protagonist excluded. That's already over 1000 more games with male MC.

We can go even further and substract RPG Maker games from these numbers, because good amount of hand drawn female MC games are Japanese and often machine translated, so that's not exactly the high quality we're going here for.

That leaves us with:

810 games with Female Protagonist + 2dcg and without Male Protagonist + RPG Maker

2024 games with Male Protagonist + 2dcg and without Female Protagonist + RPG Maker

Which means 1214 more games with hand drawn art and exclusive Male Protagonist.

Now, how many of these are "a real good Hand Art Style Project" is an entirely different matter, because that tends to be subjective. I would still bet in favor of male protagonist, though.

Anyway, listen. I get that you feel disappointed when a game with good hand drawn art ends up being female MC only. I feel the same every time a new, promising male MC game pops up on latest updates page. But, please, don't go into those games' threads just to complain about it. There's at least one person like you grumbling about their disappointment with MC's gender in almost every game thread that has female protagonist tag (probably the same goes for male protagonist tag). You have 2466 (or 2024 if you dislike RPG Maker) games with your preferable MC's gender. I'm sure you can find something to your liking, eh?

Unless you're Futa/trans protagonist fan. In that case, sorry for my assumption.

And to add something about the game itself just so I'm not completely off-topic. I got to say that I'm a bit disappointed with the switch from RPG Maker to Renpy. Normally that would be a good thing, but this game actually had some awesome original sprites, backgrounds, ui etc. instead of the usual stock RPG Maker stuff. That said, I'm holding off on my judgement until I actually play that new Renpy version. As long as art style stays the same it should be good.
Liked the math used and the acknowledgment of subjectivity, but this could also serve as "feeding the trolls." Valid points all around, though.

As for the gameplay change, this basically removed the option to play the game with a keyboard in favor of point-and-click and the ability to save mid-scene as per what you'd expect from Renply games. The story is expanded past the first night at the 'haunted' house the last update ended at.

If I had to guess why the change, it's probably easier to program the events that sometimes pop up when you leave an area, and to trivialize collection quests so one isn't wasting time grinding for them or running around an empty map.

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes