4.20 star(s) 40 Votes

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Up for $2 patrons...

Episode 1 of Chapter 2 is up for patrons in the $5 tier

Release Schedule:
Thursday 4/28/2022 - Fade Crown ($25), Fade Defender ($15), Fade Goddess ($10)
Wednesday 5/4/2022 - Fade Angel ($5)

Saturday 5/7/2022 - Fade Visitor ($2)
Wednesday 5/11/2022 - Public Release

Sotak

Nov 9, 2017
First: love this game. On my 3rd playthrough of the complete chapter 1 and still enjoying it. So excited for chapter 2.

Ok, having said that, I've noticed for a while now that there are a few contradictions in the story, but haven't said anything (until now) because they could totally be intentional. 2 examples: at every turn before the "King's ritual" EVERYONE claims and acts like Karen (or at least her serenity copy) would leave and the MC wouldn't have her around to guide him anymore...in fact Fade specifically mentions that he would need to and have her and the other girls to guide him after Karen is gone...and MC is t even around for that conversation. But when the ritual happens and he writes Karen into serenity, all of a sudden that's exactly the way it was supposed to be and nobody is surprised that it happened. And Karen continues to be a guide for him.
Also, after Kat's ascension, she hands MC the Serenity Island book...stating that his mom started it, he would be finishing it, and he had to read it with Morgan to visit Karen (but Morgan had to.be the one to.open it). But when he goes to visit Has in her floating cloud apartment he had never seen it before and (according to Jas) he wasn't ready to see it yet...but "now" he could pick it up and absorb it into himself because he was writing it in the moment...and had been since he arrived. But if Kat showed it to him just after her ascension, then how was he unable to see it until after the kings ritual in Jas' cloud apartment?

I mention this now because I am curious how "set in stone" cammie's "fate" is. Everyone has said that she will be leaving serenity to write her own world...but there is still the possibility for that to be contradicted too (I mean...how often in history did the King of dream writers have a twin, and what could that link bring to the dream writing world). I could see that all of a sudden, since they are twins, Cammie is actually needed to "co-write" serenity (or is it serenity island now...not sure and the distinction could make all the difference) with the MC (and I'm not even talking about the possible incest link between them...but she was awfully hot and bothered when she shared his bed before he confronted their father).

Sorry for the long post. Its 3:00 and my brain won't shut down. And I should be clear that everything above is just "fan theories" based on observations while playing. I'm not saying I'm right about anything...just observation and speculation.

Anyway, love the game and excited for chapter 2.

Reactions: Dwipetruk

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
First: love this game. On my 3rd playthrough of the complete chapter 1 and still enjoying it. So excited for chapter 2.

Ok, having said that, I've noticed for a while now that there are a few contradictions in the story, but haven't said anything (until now) because they could totally be intentional. 2 examples: at every turn before the "King's ritual" EVERYONE claims and acts like Karen (or at least her serenity copy) would leave and the MC wouldn't have her around to guide him anymore...in fact Fade specifically mentions that he would need to and have her and the other girls to guide him after Karen is gone...and MC is t even around for that conversation. But when the ritual happens and he writes Karen into serenity, all of a sudden that's exactly the way it was supposed to be and nobody is surprised that it happened. And Karen continues to be a guide for him.
Also, after Kat's ascension, she hands MC the Serenity Island book...stating that his mom started it, he would be finishing it, and he had to read it with Morgan to visit Karen (but Morgan had to.be the one to.open it). But when he goes to visit Has in her floating cloud apartment he had never seen it before and (according to Jas) he wasn't ready to see it yet...but "now" he could pick it up and absorb it into himself because he was writing it in the moment...and had been since he arrived. But if Kat showed it to him just after her ascension, then how was he unable to see it until after the kings ritual in Jas' cloud apartment?

I mention this now because I am curious how "set in stone" cammie's "fate" is. Everyone has said that she will be leaving serenity to write her own world...but there is still the possibility for that to be contradicted too (I mean...how often in history did the King of dream writers have a twin, and what could that link bring to the dream writing world). I could see that all of a sudden, since they are twins, Cammie is actually needed to "co-write" serenity (or is it serenity island now...not sure and the distinction could make all the difference) with the MC (and I'm not even talking about the possible incest link between them...but she was awfully hot and bothered when she shared his bed before he confronted their father).

Sorry for the long post. Its 3:00 and my brain won't shut down. And I should be clear that everything above is just "fan theories" based on observations while playing. I'm not saying I'm right about anything...just observation and speculation.

Anyway, love the game and excited for chapter 2.
All good Sotak, and great feedback!
Alright... so in the first 5 days, I did make mistakes in my writing. There are a few reasons for that (aside from just lazy writing at first). The biggest mistake was that I left out too many details in my writing early on. With that said, you should know the "Book" (Serenity Island) isn't supposed to be a physical book. The way you see it in Jasmine's house was how it was intended to be. That first book was supposed to be Mom's journal. This is how Serenity breaks the third wall just a bit by making you a real part of it. People dream, everyone dreams... you're dreaming the same dream as MC - living his life. It's a confusing approach I know. And I should have written it better. But, being my first go at this, I made some mistakes of course.

As for Mom... sometime after those first releases, I got so much good feedback on her that I couldn't bring myself to remove her. So, I made a change to my story and kept her in. The only problem was - I totally should have elaborated more on the girls' reactions to this situation (Mom being written back in). So that was another mistake.

Cammie - have you played the first episode of Chapter 2 yet? Just in case, I won't spoil it for you. But her situation is pretty much brought to light. The main problem with Cammie is well... damn I made her so hot lol. So many have fallen in love with her. And I've had to say this a million times but there will be no incest in any project I write. All the girls get "hot and bothered" around MC, and I wrote that bedroom scene that way because I wanted to show that she was fighting that conflict also. That was the closest to 'incest' I will ever get. I figured it was a nice way to give readers a sexy look at her without it being "lesbian". Anyway, as for her future, the scene in episode 1 of chapter 2 between her and Mom pretty much lets you know how that will go.

I'm no major writer and don't claim to be. Hell, probably 80% or more devs on here are just like me in that regard. They have a story in their head and try to tell it. But I've also learned a lot about writing in the last 2 years of doing this. Through writing some of the stuff you brought up, I was also rewriting Last Human at the same time - another big mistake. Focus on one story at a time. Things feel much longer than they are in reality when you're writing. So my earlier writing seems to move way too fast. When you write and rewrite lines/scenes multiple times, well it starts to feel like its really long. Its a difficult scale to balance. And one that I am only just now learning to address and correct.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I can be honest and upfront about these screwball mistakes I've made. Much like those early renders... I redid them after I learned more about the graphics and posing work. And now I want to go back and redo them all again because I know they can be better. But I have to draw a line somewhere I suppose. I still plan to redo all of "Day 5" because I fucking hate that whole day. The sex scene with Cassie and Samantha was awful to say the least.

Well, now I'm rambling lol. And I need to get to work so I'll stop here. :D

Sotak

Nov 9, 2017
All good Sotak, and great feedback!
Alright... so in the first 5 days, I did make mistakes in my writing. There are a few reasons for that (aside from just lazy writing at first). The biggest mistake was that I left out too many details in my writing early on. With that said, you should know the "Book" (Serenity Island) isn't supposed to be a physical book. The way you see it in Jasmine's house was how it was intended to be. That first book was supposed to be Mom's journal. This is how Serenity breaks the third wall just a bit by making you a real part of it. People dream, everyone dreams... you're dreaming the same dream as MC - living his life. It's a confusing approach I know. And I should have written it better. But, being my first go at this, I made some mistakes of course.

As for Mom... sometime after those first releases, I got so much good feedback on her that I couldn't bring myself to remove her. So, I made a change to my story and kept her in. The only problem was - I totally should have elaborated more on the girls' reactions to this situation (Mom being written back in). So that was another mistake.

Cammie - have you played the first episode of Chapter 2 yet? Just in case, I won't spoil it for you. But her situation is pretty much brought to light. The main problem with Cammie is well... damn I made her so hot lol. So many have fallen in love with her. And I've had to say this a million times but there will be no incest in any project I write. All the girls get "hot and bothered" around MC, and I wrote that bedroom scene that way because I wanted to show that she was fighting that conflict also. That was the closest to 'incest' I will ever get. I figured it was a nice way to give readers a sexy look at her without it being "lesbian". Anyway, as for her future, the scene in episode 1 of chapter 2 between her and Mom pretty much lets you know how that will go.

I'm no major writer and don't claim to be. Hell, probably 80% or more devs on here are just like me in that regard. They have a story in their head and try to tell it. But I've also learned a lot about writing in the last 2 years of doing this. Through writing some of the stuff you brought up, I was also rewriting Last Human at the same time - another big mistake. Focus on one story at a time. Things feel much longer than they are in reality when you're writing. So my earlier writing seems to move way too fast. When you write and rewrite lines/scenes multiple times, well it starts to feel like its really long. Its a difficult scale to balance. And one that I am only just now learning to address and correct.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I can be honest and upfront about these screwball mistakes I've made. Much like those early renders... I redid them after I learned more about the graphics and posing work. And now I want to go back and redo them all again because I know they can be better. But I have to draw a line somewhere I suppose. I still plan to redo all of "Day 5" because I fucking hate that whole day. The sex scene with Cassie and Samantha was awful to say the least.

Well, now I'm rambling lol. And I need to get to work so I'll stop here. :D
Its all good. Just pointing out that your "mistakes" definately lead to some interesting "fan theories". And yeah...Fannie is definately HOT...and you wrote her character and her interaction with the MC (and everyone else) so well we just adore her (Neko or not). I haven't gotten to chapter 2 yet, but soon, and am WAY excited to see what happens. This game is in my top 5 for sure. Its more than just fap material for me (and many others in sure). You wrote a compelling story that keeps us invested from start to finish (which we hope is still a long way off yet)...even with the "mistakes". Please don't give up on this project...and don't let new characters push the ones You've already created to the back burner (you haven't yet, well maybe a little with cassie and Sam at first, but it is a danger I've seen in other games and something to watch for.) Hell, I'm even kinda interested to see what happens with Dimetre in the future (I know he is kinda just a nothing character right now, but he was a big part of everyone else's development.

Ok...enough rambling from me. Just thanks for the game and keep it up. It keeps getting better. And while some of us like the whole romantic incest games (like My New Family. Or Parental Love), the story you be written is great even without that (sure...I would like to see Cammie and the MC get together...but I am not giving up on the game just because they won't...I can't now, its just too good.)

Best of luck

Sotak

Nov 9, 2017
I do have one question...sorry if this has been answered before.

What the heck was the point of the crab? On Lena's beach, when Trina and Mia were talking, the first creature I remember ever seeing that wasn't a cute neko or other girl...or Demitre, Neera, or Selena...just a random crab walking up the beach to the house, then getting kicked into the ocean by Lena. Why the crab? If it gets explained in chapter 2 then just say so, but it was so.completely random.

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
I do have one question...sorry if this has been answered before.

What the heck was the point of the crab? On Lena's beach, when Trina and Mia were talking, the first creature I remember ever seeing that wasn't a cute neko or other girl...or Demitre, Neera, or Selena...just a random crab walking up the beach to the house, then getting kicked into the ocean by Lena. Why the crab? If it gets explained in chapter 2 then just say so, but it was so.completely random.
Excellent question! So, the crab thing kinda started in my Discord chat some time back. And I threw in the scene you mentioned (when Trina and Mia are talking and Lena tussles around with the crab). There is one thing I truly love to see in all VN's... and that is stuff happening in the background. I love that and wanted to do something like that as well. Caribdis did a great job of this in Once in a Lifetime (as an example). Serenity surrounds a beach... so, why not a crab? You won't see him much more until you start Chapter 2. I've only in recent releases begun to add more background activities in my scenes. And sometimes it might just be something as simple as some anime playing on a TV, or an AVN on a computer screen. In Chapter 2 (Ep. 1) you'll see a scene where Trina is working behind a bar on the beach. While MC is talking to other characters, she is moving and going about her work. I like that kind of detail and I plan to do a lot more of that.

Sotak

Nov 9, 2017
Excellent question! So, the crab thing kinda started in my Discord chat some time back. And I threw in the scene you mentioned (when Trina and Mia are talking and Lena tussles around with the crab). There is one thing I truly love to see in all VN's... and that is stuff happening in the background. I love that and wanted to do something like that as well. Caribdis did a great job of this in Once in a Lifetime (as an example). Serenity surrounds a beach... so, why not a crab? You won't see him much more until you start Chapter 2. I've only in recent releases begun to add more background activities in my scenes. And sometimes it might just be something as simple as some anime playing on a TV, or an AVN on a computer screen. In Chapter 2 (Ep. 1) you'll see a scene where Trina is working behind a bar on the beach. While MC is talking to other characters, she is moving and going about her work. I like that kind of detail and I plan to do a lot more of that.
Ah. I see. Well it was definately interesting and obviously grabbed my attention. Its a nice touch...and I had a laugh. Though it was curious that Trina and Mia seemed completely unaware that a crab all of a sudden hit the water just in front and to their left...like it just happens all the time. It was a fun little add in.

mag5246

Jun 3, 2017
I need something like "In previous episodes..."
Somehow I don't remember who Lily is at all. I do remember the model though.
And I didn’t remembered Celeste even from the model)
UPD: I had to skip through the previous part to figure it out.
PS: Maybe it's just my memory that's leaky.

Last edited:

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
while happy to see serenity continue, and was quite happy to be reminded what the girls bodies looked like I was slightly disappointed mc didn't get any real action, he didn't even get the shared orgasm. Another thing that might maybe should happen is fauxcest with his fake mom and maybe incest with his real sister... idr it happening in chapter 1. Well either way I am dquite happy to see you conmtinue with your story.

Sotak

Nov 9, 2017
while happy to see serenity continue, and was quite happy to be reminded what the girls bodies looked like I was slightly disappointed mc didn't get any real action, he didn't even get the shared orgasm. Another thing that might maybe should happen is fauxcest with his fake mom and maybe incest with his real sister... idr it happening in chapter 1. Well either way I am dquite happy to see you conmtinue with your story.
N2thefire has already said there will be no incest...I've discussed at length with him about it. Also...after the king's ritual Karen is not fake mom anymore, as the MC writes the real her into serenity.

Reactions: N2TheFire

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Why. I remembr the original ide where that a giirl get teleporte in new world (a human become a succubs) and start serching character that would help her out. I also remebr that ther were a vampire who stbbed the Female MC with a sward. but it wasn't male portagonist. The ther would be choise to pick up to play with. But after that only this come out?

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
oh hell yeah ... i've been patiently waiting for this update ... thank the gods its finally here :)

Ichigo Kurosaki Shiba

Mar 17, 2019
Will Trina also obtain powers of some kind later in the game and actually do something of importance and actually BE umportant to the story becouse right now she feels almost like a unimportant character with niether powers or actualy importance of any kind,i also hope we will be able to Ascend Melody soon enogh and to see what kind of power does she have!

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Dev has said that incest will never happen in any way.

I've had to say this a million times but there will be no incest in any project I write.

Sotak

Nov 9, 2017
Will Trina also obtain powers of some kind later in the game and actually do something of importance and actually BE umportant to the story becouse right now she feels almost like a unimportant character with niether powers or actualy importance of any kind,i also hope we will be able to Ascend Melody soon enogh and to see what kind of power does she have!
I haven't played chapter 2 yet, but as far as I can tell Trina serves a huge purpose. She brings a slightly different personality (fox instead of neko or demon), she helps people adjust to life in serenity and life with the group (as she did with Mia), and she keeps the "home fires" burning for the warriors who go out...makes sure they don't have domestic issues to add to their already busy schedules. Plus...she's HOT.

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
Karen is not fake mom anymore, as the MC writes the real her into serenity.
thanks for the heads up. well I think the incorporation of a milfy type character might be in order someday if mom isn't going to play the skin flute. there are several busty several super busty (my preference kat and tess) and a couple flatter types already in the harem

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
I haven't played chapter 2 yet, but as far as I can tell Trina serves a huge purpose. She brings a slightly different personality (fox instead of neko or demon), she helps people adjust to life in serenity and life with the group (as she did with Mia), and she keeps the "home fires" burning for the warriors who go out...makes sure they don't have domestic issues to add to their already busy schedules. Plus...she's HOT.
A more perfect response than I could have come up with. Well done Sotak :)

4.20 star(s) 40 Votes