4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

CynderQuill

Jul 2, 2020
Seems to be a theme with this developer. They start a new promising project, then abandon it. You just have to take a look at their itch.io page to see that.
Yeah I'm kinda shit. But!
I'M BACK ON MY BULLSHIT!
20210422_022642.jpg
Long story short I'm back to work on this cuz i feel bad. Im working on getting the town and various town NPCs and services set up ATM. I really want to finish something and i figure that my first (and best lol) is the one that needs to be worked on. I've disappointed a lot of people and its about time i stopped doing that.

Jul 19, 2019
I'M BACK ON MY BULLSHIT!
View attachment 1156453
Long story short I'm back to work on this cuz i feel bad. Im working on getting the town and various town NPCs and services set up ATM. I really want to finish something and i figure that my first (and best lol) is the one that needs to be worked on. I've disappointed a lot of people and its about time i stopped doing that.
This post just made my day, take your time dev, your game is very promising!

Jul 20, 2018
I'M BACK ON MY BULLSHIT!
View attachment 1156453
I'm sorry if my post originally sounded harsh, but it's because your projects really are pretty good, so it felt disheartening when they got abandoned. That said, I'm happy you're back, and I think you can do this. Take your time with it, and good luck.

Reactions: CynderQuill

CynderQuill

Jul 2, 2020
Hey, everybody! I'm back! I remade Sex Strike from scratch recently, and while it has a bit less content than it used to now, I think the content is a lot better, and soon it'll have even more! I dont have any screenshots on me, but I do have sprites for two of the monsters!
Check it out on itch.io, and tell me what you think here, there, or anywhere you really feel like, long as I can see it, heh. It's been a while since I could last honestly day it, but more updates coming real soon, and I can't wait to hear what you think!
Edit: I'm fucking stupid heres the sprites
Slasher-MaidslimeBase-Display1.png
Slasher-ZombieDisplay1.png
Slasher-RatgirlDisplay1.png

Last edited:

SonaraFox

Jul 6, 2017
A dungeon runner is a pretty interesting concept. I hope to see a downloadable version at some point because firefox doesn't want to focus on it at all, had to switch to chrome because space bar kept scrolling down otherwise making it completely unplayable.

First off, definitely work on the UI and pixel work because looking at the text and numbers is giving me a headache. With no spaces between all of the numbers it's just this constant shape that looks like it wasn't even numbers at first until I realized they were all 0s that were touching and not just a checkered board for whatever reason. Even then I can't even read half of my stats because its all just a mess of black and white pixels. The art itself is rather nice pixel work and the characters are pretty clear. The text is just killing me, man.

Also the rat's hitbox is too big I think. If they appear in the middle row they're literally unavoidable. I don't know if that's intentional or not but it's pretty annoying that you can't dodge them in those circumstances and otherwise you need a lane between you two in order to pass by them.

I do like the variety of characters and things to collect in the levels themselves though. I imagine most people would go with relatively similarly boring characters like elves and such that are very human so its nice to see a rat, a zombie, and a slime. Not to mention coin collecting, random doors for bonuses or multiple fights if you're unlucky, etc. I do wish there were more ways to heal mid run though as it's pretty easy to hit a wall with nothing to do but I imagine that's also because theres just simply no store or potions or any other mechanics that are likely going to be added later on. I do hope we get more power over the nodes later on such as getting more orange nodes if your character is more magic based or yellow if you're physical, perhaps that'll be affected by equipment later on.

Really simple concept, really simple combat, overall just easy to pickup and has potential to be developed infinitely with level types and varying characters. Also really like multiple playable races to add even more variety to the scenes even if this means a new character would be X amount of animations to take care of in the future but still, its a nice addition. Could really just use some polish to make the text read better and additional content. Its a good start, that's for sure. I hope you'll find the motivation to keep working on it.

TimThrall

Feb 19, 2019
As a start it is fine. The first run has the perfect number of enemy variety but subsequent runs could end up lacking. I'm not sure if the combat system chosen is the right system to go for, for this style of game but given i can't think of any systems that could be better it's probably fine. I'd say you need music for the hub, the dungeons, and the sex scenes. My PC downgraded recently and i haven't had an opportunity to get my music software back. I'll see what i can do but don't expect much.

CynderQuill

Jul 2, 2020
A dungeon runner is a pretty interesting concept. I hope to see a downloadable version at some point because firefox doesn't want to focus on it at all, had to switch to chrome because space bar kept scrolling down otherwise making it completely unplayable.
I'll be making downloadable versions with the Sandy Swords Update (I'm calling it that becasue it adds a desert and an equipment system). Sorry I've been neglecting that the last few updates, lol.

First off, definitely work on the UI and pixel work because looking at the text and numbers is giving me a headache. With no spaces between all of the numbers it's just this constant shape that looks like it wasn't even numbers at first until I realized they were all 0s that were touching and not just a checkered board for whatever reason. Even then I can't even read half of my stats because its all just a mess of black and white pixels. The art itself is rather nice pixel work and the characters are pretty clear. The text is just killing me, man.
Fair. I'll see what I can do to make things more readable in the UI. I will admit that much of it was me being unsure of how to fit all that information on one screen. Perhaps I should split it up between a couple screens somehow?

Also the rat's hitbox is too big I think. If they appear in the middle row they're literally unavoidable. I don't know if that's intentional or not but it's pretty annoying that you can't dodge them in those circumstances and otherwise you need a lane between you two in order to pass by them.
I completely missed that bug. Thanks for pointing that out. I'm glad I made a backup before I started working on the next update! n.nU

I'll get it fixed right away. Looks like 0.12.1 is gonna be a thing, lol.

I do like the variety of characters and things to collect in the levels themselves though. I imagine most people would go with relatively similarly boring characters like elves and such that are very human so its nice to see a rat, a zombie, and a slime. Not to mention coin collecting, random doors for bonuses or multiple fights if you're unlucky, etc. I do wish there were more ways to heal mid run though as it's pretty easy to hit a wall with nothing to do but I imagine that's also because theres just simply no store or potions or any other mechanics that are likely going to be added later on. I do hope we get more power over the nodes later on such as getting more orange nodes if your character is more magic based or yellow if you're physical, perhaps that'll be affected by equipment later on.
Yeah, healing potions aren't going to be a thing, but that's because this game is strongly inspired by Lusty Labyrinth. While the equipment system probably doesn't really work in favor of it, I may be able to add items like the ones from LL that heal you when you run out of vigor, like POW, as enchanted necklaces.

Anyway, I plan on having skills that you can acquire as you level up, such as vampirism, which will restore a small amount of health when you hit all the nodes between enemy attacks. And yeah, I'm gonna make it so that one of the weapon traits for equipped weapons is how often a node will be magical or physical. One dagger might be primarily physical, while another might be all magic. Totally random.

Really simple concept, really simple combat, overall just easy to pickup and has potential to be developed infinitely with level types and varying characters. Also really like multiple playable races to add even more variety to the scenes even if this means a new character would be X amount of animations to take care of in the future but still, its a nice addition. Could really just use some polish to make the text read better and additional content. Its a good start, that's for sure. I hope you'll find the motivation to keep working on it.
I actually have something of a plan that results in 61 enemy types, 58 bosses (mostly basic enemies with better armor, cuz I'm just one guy. n.nU), and 30 "metal slimes" that have a 1/1000 chance to randomly take the place of whatever non-boss enemy you encounter. And, if this game gets decent reception, I also have an idea for a post-game with 21 more enemies and another 20 bosses.

Thank you so very very much for this indepth review of my work. It really means a lot to me. A lot of people look at games and just go "Oh it's good. I liked this part." But you took the time out of your day to closely examine my work and tell me exactly what you thought of it. I won't forget that anytime soon.

As a start it is fine. The first run has the perfect number of enemy variety but subsequent runs could end up lacking. I'm not sure if the combat system chosen is the right system to go for, for this style of game but given i can't think of any systems that could be better it's probably fine. I'd say you need music for the hub, the dungeons, and the sex scenes. My PC downgraded recently and i haven't had an opportunity to get my music software back. I'll see what i can do but don't expect much.
Haha nice to see you again, man. And you don't have to do anything for me if its inconvenient: you don't owe me anything. I'm just glad you're still a fan after all my fuckery.

CynderQuill

Jul 2, 2020
I just updated the game to version 0.13.0. I wasn't able to get the desert temple or the item shop but I was able to add Mimics, Ghosts, and an Equipment system.

Reactions: Hajtand
Dec 23, 2018
Interesting concept of the game, something like SIMSEH Milkmania except with pixels?
Anyway looks like this guy is trying hard so good luck.

icollectsouls

Jul 15, 2018
Some thoughts after playing the game for a short while.
  • Mimics feel too common for what is typically a "rare" enemy archetype. While I understand their purpose in adding more risk, it's weird when it seems like you encounter a mimic every other time you open a chest.
  • Not sure if it's just me/my computer, but whenever I press up on the bottom row, instead of moving to the middle, my character shoots all the way to the top and it's forced me to encounter enemies I'd otherwise try to avoid.
  • The collision on some enemies/objects seems to extend to the row above them as well. For example, if I'm on the middle row, and one of the random "event" doors is on the bottom, I still end up triggering the event when it may be something I want to avoid like the danger room. The slimes, zombies, and chests can also cause this issue.
  • Actual in-game tutorials/explanations for things are a must; I had no idea what I was doing with the equipment menu at first, the screen at the end of each run just seems to be a bunch of numbers, and what's even the point of the sex "minigame?"
  • A more consistent way to heal. Just give players a potion they can use once per run (potentially with upgrades to carry more or improve the effect.) Either that or some other method like a random chance of a health pickup after defeating an enemy for a better risk/reward balance.
  • After closing the game and re-opening, equipping stuff is ultra-buggy. You can potentially override better equipment because the game will just act like it's not there anymore and equipping something will cause it to completely replace whatever you had before, with no way of recovering what you had equipped. (On that note, please please add some way to view the stats of what we already have equipped.)
Interesting and cute little game with a lot of potential (I like the monster girls and pixel art) but I'll have to wait until you give it some more polish.

CynderQuill

Jul 2, 2020
Some thoughts after playing the game for a short while.
  • Mimics feel too common for what is typically a "rare" enemy archetype. While I understand their purpose in adding more risk, it's weird when it seems like you encounter a mimic every other time you open a chest.
  • Not sure if it's just me/my computer, but whenever I press up on the bottom row, instead of moving to the middle, my character shoots all the way to the top and it's forced me to encounter enemies I'd otherwise try to avoid.
  • The collision on some enemies/objects seems to extend to the row above them as well. For example, if I'm on the middle row, and one of the random "event" doors is on the bottom, I still end up triggering the event when it may be something I want to avoid like the danger room. The slimes, zombies, and chests can also cause this issue.
  • Actual in-game tutorials/explanations for things are a must; I had no idea what I was doing with the equipment menu at first, the screen at the end of each run just seems to be a bunch of numbers, and what's even the point of the sex "minigame?"
  • A more consistent way to heal. Just give players a potion they can use once per run (potentially with upgrades to carry more or improve the effect.) Either that or some other method like a random chance of a health pickup after defeating an enemy for a better risk/reward balance.
  • After closing the game and re-opening, equipping stuff is ultra-buggy. You can potentially override better equipment because the game will just act like it's not there anymore and equipping something will cause it to completely replace whatever you had before, with no way of recovering what you had equipped. (On that note, please please add some way to view the stats of what we already have equipped.)
Interesting and cute little game with a lot of potential (I like the monster girls and pixel art) but I'll have to wait until you give it some more polish.
Thanks for the feedback. Looks like I have some serious bugfixing to do. I can't imagine why the equipment would do that... but I'll figure it out, don't you worry. I'll get this thing polished and playable in no time.
Oh, and I'm gonna change how mimics work: I'll just make it so that 1/5 chests have a mimic inside or something, instead of them being a separately spawning enemy.
Edit: Okay I just figured out why the equipment thing was fucking with us and it shouldn't take long at all to fix. That's a relief, at least.

Volxie

Sep 7, 2019
I really like this new version you've made more than the previous, but I don't really like the sex-minigame and the battles in this one.
The timing feels off for me on both (like the time you're expected hit space is a bit TOO precise) the battle and sex minigames... The latter especially as I'm not quite sure what timing space with the circles is supposed to do there, and the feedback it gives (which feels random to me?) doesn't help me know if I'm hitting space at the right or wrong time.

Anyhow, I'm keen to see what you're going to do with this now, keep it up.

medhathobo

Aug 20, 2017
I can't find a way to keep playing after beating a level on mobile. I go through the door, level up, then I guess a stats screen shows and that's where nothing can be done. I have tapped everywhere. Am I missing something?

Reactions: TempTitle
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote