2.80 star(s) 11 Votes

Cooldude17

Mar 17, 2019
That doesn't really make sense considering the game makes fun of Hitler and displays him in an uncool manner.
If you replace "play this game" with "watch Attack On Titan" everything makes sense though.
Eren did nothing wrong. He unified humanity by eliminating the Juden Titans

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Is the game actually any good? Anyone played it here or are people just ranting about the name?

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
The victims of Nanking and what is left of their descendants would like to have a word with you.
I ain't saying they weren't evil. Just that their brand of evil was not out of the ordinary for the time. I mean look at what everyone else was doing at the time. Here is a short list:
  1. The Belgians were cutting off hands, feet and god knows what else from millions of natives as late as 1908.
  2. The British used concentration camps and genocide during the Boer wars against other white people at roughly the same time.
  3. Italy was using chemical weapons against civilians in their war on Ethiopia in the 30's.
  4. India suffered mass starvation throughout WW2 because all the food was being shipped to feed Britain.
  5. The Dutch were happy to massacre people in their Asian colonies to keep the peace well after WW2.
  6. The French were torturing people and performing executions by throwing them out of airplanes as late as the 1960's.
  7. And of course the american and Soviet empires, the two great victors of WW2 has an endless track record of indiscriminately murdering civilians both directly and through puppet maniacal dictators that give Stalin a run for his money.
So whilst I am absolutely not defending what the Japanese did it would absolutely be wrong to equate their deeds to those of Germany which undertook a deliberate and methodical campaign of extermination against groups of people.

And I can absolutely understand how someone in 1930's Japan or indeed modern Japan would have looked at that list, compared their war with China to it and thought "Why are they the good guys and we the bad guys when literally everyone who can is doing the same thing?" And they wouldn't be wrong.

Realistically Japan is in much the same position as Italy when it comes to WW2. They were dicks to be sure, but their dickishness did not exceed greatly the average expected amount of dickishness from a powerful imperial nation of the time. Had circumstances not have driven them to chose the side they did they might well be remembered today as just another generically dickish empire from our past as opposed to the great satan we want to make them out to be. Compare that to Germany which exceeded those levels above and beyond what was thought even plausible,

Last edited:

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Can we just agree that every politician in the history of mankind has been the only group of people that actually deserve genocide?

Imagine a world without them...

Imagine a free world... Without the fear of nuclear obliteration.... No fear of invading armies... No taxes... No propaganda... No prisons... No war... You can climb up on the roof and poop down the chimney and nobody is gonna stop you! Truly WORLD PEACE!

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I ain't saying they weren't evil. Just that their brand of evil was not out of the ordinary for the time. I mean look at what everyone else was doing at the time. Here is a short list:
  1. The Belgians were cutting off hands, feet and god knows what else from millions of natives as late as 1908.
  2. The British used concentration camps and genocide during the Boer wars against other white people at roughly the same time.
  3. Italy was using chemical weapons against civilians in their war on Ethiopia in the 30's.
  4. India suffered mass starvation throughout WW2 because all the food was being shipped to feed Britain.
  5. The Dutch were happy to massacre people in their Asian colonies to keep the peace well after WW2.
  6. The French were torturing people and performing executions by throwing them out of airplanes as late as the 1960's.
  7. And of course the american and Soviet empires, the two great victors of WW2 has an endless track record of indiscriminately murdering civilians both directly and through puppet maniacal dictators that give Stalin a run for his money.
So whilst I am absolutely not defending what the Japanese did it would absolutely be wrong to equate their deeds to those of Germany which undertook a deliberate and methodical campaign of extermination against groups of people.

And I can absolutely understand how someone in 1930's Japan or indeed modern Japan would have looked at that list, compared their war with China to it and thought "Why are they the good guys and we the bad guys when literally everyone who can is doing the same thing?"
I am not forgiving anyone else ... however, I think you really need to look at more research in the the millions of deaths and scores more casualties at the hands of the Japanese from 1890-1945. You might be a bit more surprised that they haven't been held much more accountable than they have.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Can we just agree that every politician in the history of mankind has been the only group of people that actually deserve genocide?

Imagine a world without them...

Imagine a free world... Without the fear of nuclear obliteration.... No fear of invading armies... No taxes... No propaganda... No prisons... No war... You can climb up on the roof and poop down the chimney and nobody is gonna stop you! Truly WORLD PEACE!
Except things don't work that way. If you want to have specialization, technology, culture and all those nice things you need a lot of niche specialization. And that in turn requires very large groups of people. Groups which are inherently too large to function without a power structure of some sort.

Reactions: neodav

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Except things don't work that way. If you want to have specialization, technology, culture and all those nice things you need a lot of niche specialization. And that in turn requires very large groups of people. Groups which are inherently too large to function without a power structure of some sort.
You need someones boot on your neck to help you breath?

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
I am not forgiving anyone else ... however, I think you really need to look at more research in the the millions of deaths and scores more casualties at the hands of the Japanese from 1890-1945. You might be a bit more surprised that they haven't been held much more accountable than they have.
No, you are the one who would be surprised at just how ruthlessly horrific generic imperial dickishness can be.

Take for example the Congo Free State, the Belgian colony in the Congo region. It existed for just 23 years and yet in that time they managed to murder something like a quarter of the population and maim at least as many. We are talking something in the region of 5-8 million dead in just 23 years.

Compared to that and given the time span over which these things happened and the population of China that the Japanese had to work with those numbers aren't anything out of the ordinary. It was just another generic empire doing its generic empire thing, being generically meh evil like the rest of them. After all, there is a reason why the British and Japanese empires could be firm allies right up until the 1920's.

Empires are horrific things. Incredibly horrific. That's the takeaway here.

We just don't think about it because we are used to labeling those that loose wars as evil and those that win as good. But if you take a neutral propaganda free standpoint you start seeing a very different perspective than the traditional narrative. And you see that Japan is a lot more comparable to France or Brittain than it is to Germany.

Last edited:
2.80 star(s) 11 Votes