Ren'Py Sexbot Restoration 2124 [v0.7.3] [squirrel24]

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes

Tonyloco

Aug 11, 2020
I did a quick "SR24 getting started guide" on the basic screen, options, and some basic gameplay tips.
No storyline stuff, no terrible spoilers (a few minor hints); mostly a general idea of what every button does.
Might help if you're starting out, likely useless for anyone who has played for a while already.
Really nice guide, a few recommendations for it.

Leaving the shop no longer costs AP.

Selling bots or buying parts at the flea market doesn't costs AP anymore.

Repairing bots given to you from the work quests allows you to trade parts they have for the ones you have (I use this in Hardcore sometimes to swipe A or S parts for sale or mi own bots leaving them with lower graded ones, with no repercussions from the clients... so far).

You can do better saving scumming than back with loading, but it takes a lot of the fun of the game, not recommended.

The experience the Bot gain from training is related to the quality of the parts the bot has, (For example a Set trained bot will gain a lot more exp if the Vag part is A or S rather than E or F) and most trainings seem to use the CPU so having a lower grade CPU will lead you to lower experience for the bot when training them.

Also the Stability hit the bot gets when you training them is related to the amount of experience they gain, the more experience they get the bigger percentage of PsychoCore stability you lose (This seems to be mitigated by better CPU or train related parts but I´m not sure on this one).

Sep 3, 2018
A minor request:

Make it so that if your bot is in a role and a maxed out AI capsule they don't suffer destabilization. Doing anything active with them, sure, but not just doing a passive role when you've maxed their capsule. It's just a pain in the ass and feels like an uncorrected glitch more than a feature that makes sense.

A suggestion: Make it so Combat skill means something! I know you aren't wanting to make combat based gameplay, which is totally fine, what I suggest instead is random events. Basically, things like "You got mugged while you were out!" or "There was a holdup at the shop!" or "Burglars broke in during the night!" of various strengths (providing a higher potential "roll for success") and if they succeed the player loses a certain amount of cash. Combat bots would allow a "roll for defense" calculated based on how many you have and their combat skill levels and if their roll beats the attacker's success roll the result is "But your combat bots successfully repelled the attempt".

This would make having combat trained bots "on staff" important, and give a sense of realism to the "you operate in a crime-ridden dystopian shithole" aspect. This wouldn't need to affect things like the mob quests that are in the game, all you'd need to do is add a line saying "These are not small time crooks, they are serious mobsters and no matter how good your bots might be attempting to fight back against them would be signing your own death warrant." Such a line would even serve to clarify to players why fighting back in those quests isn't an option, because you wouldn't stand a chance if you tried.

Anyway, just some ideas. Thanks again for a very fun game.

AkiranGaming

Jan 4, 2024
A minor request:

Make it so that if your bot is in a role and a maxed out AI capsule they don't suffer destabilization. Doing anything active with them, sure, but not just doing a passive role when you've maxed their capsule. It's just a pain in the ass and feels like an uncorrected glitch more than a feature that makes sense.

A suggestion: Make it so Combat skill means something! I know you aren't wanting to make combat based gameplay, which is totally fine, what I suggest instead is random events. Basically, things like "You got mugged while you were out!" or "There was a holdup at the shop!" or "Burglars broke in during the night!" of various strengths (providing a higher potential "roll for success") and if they succeed the player loses a certain amount of cash. Combat bots would allow a "roll for defense" calculated based on how many you have and their combat skill levels and if their roll beats the attacker's success roll the result is "But your combat bots successfully repelled the attempt".

This would make having combat trained bots "on staff" important, and give a sense of realism to the "you operate in a crime-ridden dystopian shithole" aspect. This wouldn't need to affect things like the mob quests that are in the game, all you'd need to do is add a line saying "These are not small time crooks, they are serious mobsters and no matter how good your bots might be attempting to fight back against them would be signing your own death warrant." Such a line would even serve to clarify to players why fighting back in those quests isn't an option, because you wouldn't stand a chance if you tried.

If you have Discord, there is a link on the first page of this thread to join the games channel, which has places to make suggestions, report bug, get help, etc.

Reactions: squirrel24

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
A minor request:

A suggestion: Make it so Combat skill means something! I know you aren't wanting to make combat based gameplay, which is totally fine, what I suggest instead is random events. Basically, things like "You got mugged while you were out!" or "There was a holdup at the shop!" or "Burglars broke in during the night!" of various strengths (providing a higher potential "roll for success") and if they succeed the player loses a certain amount of cash. Combat bots would allow a "roll for defense" calculated based on how many you have and their combat skill levels and if their roll beats the attackerr's success roll the result is "But your combat bots successfully repelled the attempt".

Thanks for you kind words and suggestions. :)
Sorry you get frustrated but when bots do things they become unstable. Not sure what you mean by a passive activity. If you mean roles like clerk, techie, etc. they aren't passive. You assigned the role and they do it. Instead of having to click a button every time you assigned a role. You still made the decision. Bots follow orders to the best of their ability but never do anything unless you tell them to. Even if you assign a 'bot manager' you have to tell each bot to follow the Manager's instructions.
Attempted robbery's prevented by combat bots (or failing to protect) is on my to do list, will get to it some day. They say great minds think alike! :)
An explanation for why you don't mess with the mob is a good idea. It will come but not in the next release. I have something planned but it's more than a one line thing. Wish I could do everything at once!

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes