Mar 27, 2022
I think adding cameo's of celebrities is a way to bring down your game, its corny and un-needed. The goal should be creating original characters that people want to see again rather than exaggerated celebs that are only inserted for wow factor and cheap views.
Not agreeing or disagreeing but that doesnt really apply to this game. Basically every character is already a real person or an animated character. Now if it was 95% original characters and Mia Khalifa walks in then thats something else

BBC King

May 8, 2021
Not agreeing or disagreeing but that doesnt really apply to this game. Basically every character is already a real person or an animated character. Now if it was 95% original characters and Mia Khalifa walks in then thats something else
Are we playing same game? Like half the cast is cameo characters; Hinata Hyuga, Belle Delphine, Billie Eilish, Mia Khalifa, Lady Dimetrescu and her daughters and thats just off the top of my head. Not to mention the plot is already a sexual parody of Death Note that has seemed to long move away from its intended gameplay narrative.

JAvatar

Mar 9, 2018
Are we playing same game? Like half the cast is cameo characters; Hinata Hyuga, Belle Delphine, Billie Eilish, Mia Khalifa, Lady Dimetrescu and her daughters and thats just off the top of my head. Not to mention the plot is already a sexual parody of Death Note that has seemed to long move away from its intended gameplay narrative.
..That's what JollyRancher said. Almost the entire game is cameo of real people or animation character. Meaning that your original comment of cameos being corny and un-needed really doesn't have a place for this game(since it is 99% cameos). That's what the game revolves around, and even the latest updates still revolve around the sex-note plot, needing to gather sexual energy, etc. It's just about "saving magic" instead of "kill everyone you can."

Reactions: JollyRancher69

BBC King

May 8, 2021
..That's what JollyRancher said. Almost the entire game is cameo of real people or animation character. Meaning that your original comment of cameos being corny and un-needed really doesn't have a place for this game(since it is 99% cameos). That's what the game revolves around, and even the latest updates still revolve around the sex-note plot, needing to gather sexual energy, etc. It's just about "saving magic" instead of "kill everyone you can."
I didnt understand his message since he said "that doesnt really apply to this game". Pretty sure this was not intended to be such a cameo heavy game. The mom, 2nd mom and sister are all original characters and who he used to use to advertise the game. As development went on, more and more celebs and cameos started popping up. Death Note was only really stolen from for its name and the magical beings, Sex Note isnt about writing down names or finding other Sex Note users, its about using a Notebook to cast spells and seduce women.

JAvatar

Mar 9, 2018
I didnt understand his message since he said "that doesnt really apply to this game". Pretty sure this was not intended to be such a cameo heavy game. The mom, 2nd mom and sister are all original characters and who he used to use to advertise the game. As development went on, more and more celebs and cameos started popping up. Death Note was only really stolen from for its name and the magical beings, Sex Note isnt about writing down names or finding other Sex Note users, its about using a Notebook to cast spells and seduce women.
Yes, the immediate family are original, but from the first iteration, Mia, Belle, and Hinata were there as well. And while not every woman is a cameo, Jam is making money on a pateron, so they (if I remember correctly) do have polls and do listen to the people paying to have the game made. As for the plot, I brought it up because every new sex scene revolves around the initial plot of collecting sexual energy, so while it seems disjointed, it really isn't.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: BBC King
Mar 27, 2022
Creator hasnt said anything on discord or twitter for months so I figured I'd check their discord. Total silence from him and the mods there, was gonna ask in there but you have to "verify your identity" to talk in text channels.

PyroSteed

Jan 5, 2018
What's up with the developer? There haven't been any updates on this or Lust Legacy since October. And I agree the feature creep on this game is ridiculous. I have no problem with them making multiple games because really this game should be a hell of a lot smaller and would be finished by now if they didn't keep shoving in random nonsense. Make the side stuff their own games, like that weird RE Village stuff or the Halloween events.

• Haha
Reactions: PixelKatto

TommyV23

Mar 10, 2019
Any game like this one?
You could try Demon Deals from Breadman Games. Its not an Renpy Game like Sexnote or Lust Legacy, but the Art Style and the Story is somehow pretty similare. I actually like Demon Deals a lot more atm. Breadman is one of the few developers who is very active (also here in the forum) and keeps everyone very well informed about the current status of the game. So if you don't have a problem with an RPG Maker game, definitely give Demon Deals a try.

Reactions: tomasturbado
Mar 15, 2022
You could try Demon Deals from Breadman Games. Its not an Renpy Game like Sexnote or Lust Legacy, but the Art Style and the Story is somehow pretty similare. I actually like Demon Deals a lot more atm. Breadman is one of the few developers who is very active (also here in the forum) and keeps everyone very well informed about the current status of the game. So if you don't have a problem with an RPG Maker game, definitely give Demon Deals a try.
It must be said that Breadman takes time to make an update since he has to draw and so on, it is not as fast as Jamliz did it

• Haha
Reactions: TommyV23

TommyV23

Mar 10, 2019
It must be said that Breadman takes time to make an update since he has to draw and so on, it is not as fast as Jamliz did it
Sorry, maybe Jamliz was "fast" in the first Months/updates...but Sexnote dropped so hard in Quality and Updates takes so much longer its not funny anymore. I'm pretty sure this game will be abandoned. Don't get me wrong, I really loved the game, but even in the Discord there are no more news from the developer and there hasn't been an update on Patreon for over three months.

I would definitely give my money more likely to a developer like Breadman. At least the communication is good here, even if the updates take longer.

Lightsworne

Apr 15, 2022
Sorry, maybe Jamliz was "fast" in the first Months/updates...but Sexnote dropped so hard in Quality and Updates takes so much longer its not funny anymore. I'm pretty sure this game will be abandoned. Don't get me wrong, I really loved the game, but even in the Discord there are no more news from the developer and there hasn't been an update on Patreon for over three months.

I would definitely give my money more likely to a developer like Breadman. At least the communication is good here, even if the updates take longer.
Hasn't been an update on Patreon since October and that was for Lust. Pretty common with H-games sadly. I wish I had the skills, I would be great haha

3.60 star(s) 152 Votes