2.90 star(s) 29 Votes

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Unfortunatly once again there's barely any progress and the author keeps insisting on the game over mechanics... I really don't get the idea of having choices if there's usually basicly only one path, as all others lead to Game Over. The art is pretty good and the dialogs are usually well constructed, but this lack of actual choices is really a deal breaker for me...
That's a bit irritating until you realize that (1) we are getting the game for free, so any progress is better than we'd get if there were no game at all, and (2) it's better to have no choices and see some story movement than to see the dev get paralyzed by the prospect of updating too many paths.

At least these game overs aren't like the "ha ha, fuck you, suckers!" game overs in Autumn Boulevard. Here, you just go back and make a different choice. There, if you were faced by a monster and decided to shoot the monster instead of murdering your friend, it was a game over with no recovery.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
It could use one indeed, there are too many game overs.
I think that you need to expect these gameovers as a feature of the game. They take about ten seconds to read and roll back, though, so it's not a big deal. A walkthrough would rob you of most of the fun of doing the wrong thing, and would take longer to read than the game takes to play.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I think that you need to expect these gameovers as a feature of the game. They take about ten seconds to read and roll back, though, so it's not a big deal. A walkthrough would rob you of most of the fun of doing the wrong thing, and would take longer to read than the game takes to play.
Most times yes, but some times like with the cosplay thing it can become obnoxious.

Reactions: KEXBOY

Nymphonomicon

Jan 10, 2019
Most times yes, but some times like with the cosplay thing it can become obnoxious.
Agreed. Given that I couldn't find a solution to the cosplay scene, I eventually gave up after trying all the costume choices, dialogue choices, and the ask him choice as well. That is a shit ton of backtracking for no pay off.

Davewatch

Jan 7, 2020
I think it good fun to have to keep trying different options and if you save regularly it is no problem there is a simple path through the costumes. BUT the cards for the Ryker quest I have not figured out no matter what i try to click on I just run out of time?

Aug 19, 2019
If you have problem getting through the costume scene and constantly getting kicked out which ends in game over here is how I got through:
You have 3 questions:
DC or Marvel
What color does he like
Marvel Chick

This will lead to her thinking of using her stage outfit and combined with her red hair will lead to dressing as Lady Deadpool.

Hope this helps

Aug 19, 2019
I think it good fun to have to keep trying different options and if you save regularly it is no problem there is a simple path through the costumes. BUT the cards for the Ryker quest I have not figured out no matter what i try to click on I just run out of time?
If you mean the scene where you have the table and you have to find cards?
You have to find grey colored items, like paper just smaller and there are 4-5 I think

WShinigami

Nov 23, 2017
This game it's very fun to play and the "game over" is part of the fun, like the old P&C adventure.

2.90 star(s) 29 Votes