VN Ren'Py Shackles of Ellswyn [v0.5 May Update] [Two Hot Milfs Studio]

2.90 star(s) 16 Votes

Pulse12

Sep 7, 2018
Jesus what the hell was the new art for the transformation, this game has been a giant disappoint since Cubze left. This update has a horrible cartoony artsyle, Sorry if im being blunt, its not bad art, just totally off what the initial artist and studio advertised... what a shame, I had been supporting since day 1....

odacavahserf

Sep 24, 2022
Jesus what the hell was the new art for the transformation, this game has been a giant disappoint since Cubze left. This update has a horrible cartoony artsyle, Sorry if im being blunt, its not bad art, just totally off what the initial artist and studio advertised... what a shame, I had been supporting since day 1....
I feel the exact same way. The only person who is running it anymore is just some dweeb running around getting commsions for art on a story that he is handling poorly. Cubze was the reason it was so great but now the guy even writing the story is a total jerk off. He writes like a freaking 14 yo girl who thinks she can write. The writing was never that great but it was tolerable due to the art. Now it's just sad. His writing conveys no emotion, has little to no details or description, relying too heavily on the art. I liked this but it has become something that is just simply a waste of time. To top it off, taking on a second project in sleeve shocked will just produce 2 half baked pieces of garbage.

kalevi123

Sep 17, 2021
Game have potential, but devs are super bad and after cubze left, art is horrible. Also they have 3 games now what they are making and each update is 1-3 pictures with small amount of text. I quess its some way to milk money from patreon :)

claralover

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
could you post a screenshot of the art? I'm not willing to download the "update" to see it

Reactions: azerga

Eftyikl

Jul 14, 2019
Wait what? The artist from the cover left???

I came here to ask a simple question given that their game is 5 minutes long after more than a year of development, which is something I truly don't understand: aren't these muppets trying to emulate a 3D game with their 2D game? Aka you can't drive your VN with CG alone! What you need to do and it's just basic knowledge to me when it comes to visual novels, is to draw sprites, and use these sprites for most of your VN, to bring what is called "event CG" (the sex scene). Basically, you would make characters interact with each other for an hour using sprites alone until this leads to a sex scene where CG is used. This way, your fucking game has some substance. Really, basic stuff, but I have a feeling this tries too hard to be a super production and fail at it cuz they can't shit 2D CG fast enough, understandably. Makes no fucking sense to me.

Btw I saw . Frankly, nobody should trust that studio, despite the visual quality, which is gone now?

odacavahserf

Sep 24, 2022
Wait what? The artist from the cover left???

I came here to ask a simple question given that their game is 5 minutes long after more than a year of development, which is something I truly don't understand: aren't these muppets trying to emulate a 3D game with their 2D game? Aka you can't drive your VN with CG alone! What you need to do and it's just basic knowledge to me when it comes to visual novels, is to draw sprites, and use these sprites for most of your VN, to bring what is called "event CG" (the sex scene). Basically, you would make characters interact with each other for an hour using sprites alone until this leads to a sex scene where CG is used. This way, your fucking game has some substance. Really, basic stuff, but I have a feeling this tries too hard to be a super production and fail at it cuz they can't shit 2D CG fast enough, understandably. Makes no fucking sense to me.

Btw I saw . Frankly, nobody should trust that studio, despite the visual quality, which is gone now?
I dont think it is trying to emulate a 3d game with a 2d game. All they are doing is just trying to milk players for their money. They aren't trying to make a fun story in their image with how many projects they are running at one time. Shackles of ellswyn would have been better if it actually had a game map for moving around like an rpgmaker game. IT would at least simulate the idea of having more content. Sleeveshock has a terrible story but it is at least moving in the right direction of a world map. Having semi repeatable content/scenes for the purpose of being a game than solely a visual novel would be great. They make these visual novels because it is muvh easier. I don't think this is someething that they enjoy doing, or at least they suck at it. They have terrible writing and the art is never the same person because they can't draw. This isn't so much about a project that they want to make, which i was initially supporting, but its now about trying to be a cash grab, hence all the half baked projects being made.

crace98

Jul 12, 2020
guys dont even bother to get the new update, only ONE art , they are milking their patreons with this bullshit and if you hope the others games are diferent..... No.
I think the best we can do is forget this "studio" exist and pray for cubze to return

crace98

Jul 12, 2020
guys dont even bother to get the new update, only ONE art , they are milking their patreons with this bullshit and if you hope the others games are diferent..... No.
I think the best we can do is forget this "studio" exist and pray for cubze to return
bjswmcslim.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: claralover

claralover

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, I was really only interested in this because of Cubze's art, oh well wasn't going anywhere after all this time anyways

crace98

Jul 12, 2020
i love futa on male games, but THMS plays with us with a few arts in each update just to keep people paying every single month
From today I'll post their monthly update , bc I disagree with their way of working and dont deserve a single donation until they start working on their games

2.90 star(s) 16 Votes