4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Well depends, if you mean to have Chloe never under mind control no, she is literaly at the begining of the game.
If you mean, is there a way to limit it to a minimum and prevent people from taking advantage of Chloe then there will be a route in which it is possible.
exluding this first chapater not at t begining. I talking about after gaining the power from Lilith that she never gonna under mind control ever agin. Like you did with Brigitte. I just wan the option to resist the mindcontrol at chapter 9 as well the Queen who tried to mind controll her I wanted or kinda hope to see option to resist that one. Since from what Fionna told she was the strongest willed powerd wasn't she? I want to strengten the side of Chloe of the srong willpower.

Since I wanna see her strongest will powerd sage and to not be took adventege of and attack back with mind contol as well. I just don't liked that Fionna took adventage of Chleo as well, which I hated that part and never wonna see took adventege off ever ever again. I didn't see that happen in chapet 9 in the thron room. I don't liked having no option to resist the aluring voice to that queen I just hoped to option say "Resist" there wasn't only thank to Fionna we were able to go back to our sensess.

Last edited:

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
I understand but I don't intend to change that,I think there is a reason to every choice I made and change them would make the game inconsistant with what I plan for the future.
That being said there won't be any forced sub sex scene in the game, there will be at least one route in which it doesn't happen.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
The search results are confusing....i mean, lesbian focus can mean anything from optional/avoidable dicks to get defiled to continue the story nonsense.
So i need a clear answer: Can we play as pure lesbian and avoid dicks?
Or did the game even ruin itself by enforcing a mixed gender harem?

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
The search results are confusing....i mean, lesbian focus can mean anything from optional/avoidable dicks to get defiled to continue the story nonsense.
So i need a clear answer: Can we play as pure lesbian and avoid dicks?
Or did the game even ruin itself by enforcing a mixed gender harem?
I wish people would phrase things as "disappoint me" instead of "ruin the game". At any rate, there's no male sex in this game at all at the moment, and I'm fairly certain at least some of the routes will be entirely lesbian. But I have a feeling, based on the dev's comments and the plot developments so far, that there will be one alternate route where you play as Tristan.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Aha nah you won't play as Tristan.
The first campaign of the game will be 100% lesbian no matter what I think, I MAY add one optionnal het scene but for sure there won't be any mandatory one.
The second campaign might be a bit different. I plan to feature another character, but I'm not sure how I'll handle it.
I have 2 candidates, one male and one female, and I think the male's one perspective would be more interesting than the female one in term of plot, but I'm more comfortable with female protag.
It's not any time soon there are at least 10 more chapters to cover in this campaign anyway, maybe by the time I finish the first campaign I'll find an ideal solution.
I could also just decide in fact she's a girl (The character was not seen in the game yet so it's a possibility) but I think it wouldn't feel as good because I kinda intended to play with gender stereotype a bit.
There is also a specific event between campaign 1 and 2 in which it wouldn't feel too strange to have him being transformed into a girl before you take his/her POV so that's the last possibility.

My plan is, the first time he appears on screen, unless I think of something until then, I'll just ask my patrons what choice they preffer.
This game wasn't planned as an erotic game at first, so the story wasn't build around that, but I'm sure I'll manage to find a satisfying solution.

Reactions: 88Michele88

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
So the worst case scenario for me would be at least a finished campain. Okay, i can live with that *download*
Oh, and i play games in general for the story, but if there ARE sex scenes i need to be sure they dont disgust or trigger me. Such things bring down even the best story for me.

Rosen King
Everyone who states their opinion means "in my opinion", so its pointless to accentuate it.
And it would be a lie to phrase it that way, most games i played have some disappointing quests, events, scenes or whatever and i play them anyway. But i am lesbian and can only play lesbian female protagonists, one unavoidable dick and i delete the game. Thats why it ruins the game for me and the reason why i needed a clear answer so i dont start liking the game now and run into forced dicks later.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Ah, my bad, I assumed from the way you described them as "campaigns" like in so many other strategy games, that they would involve the major faction heroes that are established early on. Tristan does seem like the kind of guy who would be the protagonist of a "villain campaign".

As for what to do with that other character, I'd personally vote to keep them male since it's what they were originally written as, and also to add some variety to the game, although I'm not in a position to support the game as a patron so I guess my vote doesn't count. Although I hope this game doesn't get caught up in a "Patreon feedback loop" where patrons keep insisting on pushing the game to focus on one type of content, driving away anyone else and ensuring the Patreon votes always end up the same way, with the dev constantly fearful that not pandering to them will cause them to unsubscribe. I've seen several games end up in that trap, like Town of Magic's black hole of possession content, and I'm always paranoid of it happening whenever I hear about something being put up for a vote.

I'd almost say that giving the player the *option* to genderbend them at the start of the campaign could work, but that would probably require you to write every scene in two very different ways, so it's probably not a good idea.

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
The first campaign of the game will be 100% lesbian no matter what I think, I MAY add one optionnal het scene but for sure there won't be any mandatory one.
The second campaign might be a bit different. I plan to feature another character, but I'm not sure how I'll handle it.
I have 2 candidates, one male and one female, and I think the male's one perspective would be more interesting than the female one in term of plot, but I'm more comfortable with female protag.
It's not any time soon there are at least 10 more chapters to cover in this campaign anyway, maybe by the time I finish the first campaign I'll find an ideal solution.
I could also just decide in fact she's a girl (The character was not seen in the game yet so it's a possibility) but I think it wouldn't feel as good because I kinda intended to play with gender stereotype a bit.
There is also a specific event between campaign 1 and 2 in which it wouldn't feel too strange to have him being transformed into a girl before you take his/her POV so that's the last possibility.

My plan is, the first time he appears on screen, unless I think of something until then, I'll just ask my patrons what choice they preffer.
This game wasn't planned as an erotic game at first, so the story wasn't build around that, but I'm sure I'll manage to find a satisfying solution.
i like the ide of a male turned into female befor took control over the second copenion and I hoped that would be Tristan turn inoto female It could be fun to see him turn out to be girl.
The second compainion I would vote female one due the fact I'm 100% female protagonist typ of player. I hope just to see imporove Chleo apearence as kind some emonic form as mayLilith could be. Since Lilith could be sex demon (who know what you have in store for Lilith and Chleo) I just see Chleo as Lilith discendent since there must be some flash back from Lilith if she had a child befor been trapped in that tower and how much centure had been passedtill she met Chleo.
I don't trust Tristan it make me feel cold child down the spine and it could be good to see him turn into female.

Last edited:

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Ah, my bad, I assumed from the way you described them as "campaigns" like in so many other strategy games, that they would involve the major faction heroes that are established early on. Tristan does seem like the kind of guy who would be the protagonist of a "villain campaign".

As for what to do with that other character, I'd personally vote to keep them male since it's what they were originally written as, and also to add some variety to the game, although I'm not in a position to support the game as a patron so I guess my vote doesn't count. Although I hope this game doesn't get caught up in a "Patreon feedback loop" where patrons keep insisting on pushing the game to focus on one type of content, driving away anyone else and ensuring the Patreon votes always end up the same way, with the dev constantly fearful that not pandering to them will cause them to unsubscribe. I've seen several games end up in that trap, like Town of Magic's black hole of possession content, and I'm always paranoid of it happening whenever I hear about something being put up for a vote.

I'd almost say that giving the player the *option* to genderbend them at the start of the campaign could work, but that would probably require you to write every scene in two very different ways, so it's probably not a good idea.
Male companion? Really? I would rather let him die then keep him alive if ther is option to let him die I would happy let him die by now.

• Love
Reactions: Virulenz

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
i like the ide of a male turned into female befor took control over the second copenion and I hoped that would be Tristan turn inoto female It could be fun to see him turn out to be girl.
The second compainion I would vote female one due the fact I'm 100% female protagonist typ of player. I hope just to see imporove Chleo apearence as kind some emonic form as mayLilith could be. Since Lilith could be sex demon (who know what you have in store for Lilith and Chleo) I just see Chleo as Lilith discendent since there must be some flash back from Lilith if she had a child befor been trapped in that tower and how much centure had been passedtill she met Chleo.
I don't Trist it make me cold child down the spine and it could be good to see him turn into female.
They said "campaign", not "companion". I'm fairly certain that means a separate storyline with a new main character. Chloe is the main character of the first campaign, and I think the dev said she'd be the main character of one of the later campaigns as well. But what we're discussing now is the possibility of new characters who are the protagonists of their own storyline.

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
They said "campaign", not "companion". I'm fairly certain that means a separate storyline with a new main character. Chloe is the main character of the first campaign, and I think the dev said she'd be the main character of one of the later campaigns as well. But what we're discussing now is the possibility of new characters who are the protagonists of their own storyline.
No thanks. Chleo is the main protagonst of the entire game. She can't be push aside or threw away like nothing was happened. Changeing hthe protagoist of the game would ruind the meaning of the enire descriptioon of the game. The game is about Chleo not about Tristan, not about Fionna, not about brigitte. Not about somone other male you want took Chleo place entirly. It would break the whole immersion and meaning of Chleo as the main protagonist of the entire game. I would rether stick to Chleo gaining these powers not others around.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
0.45 is now available for the public! It add a new chapter, and a couple new mechanics, the complete changelog is in the OP.
I had to make a complete rework of the brainwash system because of a problem in SRPG Studios, feel free to tell me if I broke something.

Trickyboo

Jul 21, 2023
So after the update I only tried the last two maps, didn't replay the first 9 yet.

Two Bugs
-The previous glitch I mentioned before about city capture lvl persists when loading a map, so you can save, half capture them turn 1, load back and they stay half captured so you can capture them in 1 turn, also other way around where your half captured cities you capture that turn and then you reload, they are back at full uncaptured state, but you can just half capture them again and reload to negate that negative drawback

-I think Shadowgift didn't work the 2nd time you use it in it's debut map, which also make me find out that if you brainwashed all but 4 enemies, then kill the 3rd to last enemy instead of brainwashing, it causes the game over scene where
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and then transition to the victory screen with most villagers brainwashed because you triggered both the Victory and Defeat condition I reckon?
Shadowgift worked fine on the map after (the final map after update 0.45) even when Shadowgift is used a 2nd time.

So far about the game:
-Brainwash is always fun, it's the first thing I set my eyes on each turn what to convert to my ally, gives the feeling of looting the enemy.

-It's a bit hard to distinguish allies from enemies if I set my hp value in numbers. Putting the settings to HP bars makes differentiating allies from enemies a lot easier, because the hp bars are colored red for enemies and blue for allies.
Might be nice if the hp numbers for enemies and allies are in different colors too?

-For me, the difficulty is too easy even on hard mode (all maps beaten 1st try on hard), but it's probably with my Advance wars and Wargroove experience. I don't mind the difficulty too much as it's still enjoyable to play (a harder difficulty is probably something to look at after finishing this game?). If you ever add an even harder difficulty on the previous maps, I gonna replay them again to challenge myself.

- Linked to the previous problem that the enemy ai is very poor, but it is probably fine since they usually start with a bigger advantage compared to you in hard mode.

-Unit balance seems mostly fine so far, I don't know how much the Paladin's are worth as you can't buy them yourself, but from the other units, they seem mostly fine in their roles.

Villagers: cheap meatshields to protect your more valuable units, can also capture cities and sometimes poke enemies when that is needed or the enemy is low on hp.
Scout: high movement and good dmg and matchup vs anything but Paladins. Pretty affordable cost, all these traits makes them the most spammable unit for me, they kinda serve as the tank for Advance Wars in versatility
Archers: very deady even against Paladins if they get a chance to shoot at them, highly recommended when playing defensively as they can't move and fire and need to be defended by other units. One of the best answer against enemy early paladins rushing you in hard mode
Pikemen: seems kinda like glass cannons as they can hit very hard, but don't take it well in return. Kinda similar role to archers that they are better on defense due to their poor movement and you probably wanna use Villagers as meatshields to protect them from enemy scout/paladin attacks as it's a bad matchup if they get hit first.

-Are there any thoughts about options to healing units? Unless I'm missing something, doesn't seem like you can do that right now. I don't mind if it's like this as it gives me more reason to preserve my important units hp.
I used my weakend units to chip enemies into killing range to keep important units at full hp units when they land the killing blow and then eventually send the low hp units to their deaths as their best purpose seems to be death fodder if they can't be healed. I quickly found out how punishing it is to not have a full hp Fionne in the early game to consistently land killing blows against enemy scouts from near full hp as it eats into her dmg each time if you don't preserve her hp.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
So after the update I only tried the last two maps, didn't replay the first 9 yet.

Two Bugs
-The previous glitch I mentioned before about city capture lvl persists when loading a map, so you can save, half capture them turn 1, load back and they stay half captured so you can capture them in 1 turn, also other way around where your half captured cities you capture that turn and then you reload, they are back at full uncaptured state, but you can just half capture them again and reload to negate that negative drawback

-I think Shadowgift didn't work the 2nd time you use it in it's debut map, which also make me find out that if you brainwashed all but 4 enemies, then kill the 3rd to last enemy instead of brainwashing, it causes the game over scene where
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and then transition to the victory screen with most villagers brainwashed because you triggered both the Victory and Defeat condition I reckon?
Shadowgift worked fine on the map after (the final map after update 0.45) even when Shadowgift is used a 2nd time.

So far about the game:
-Brainwash is always fun, it's the first thing I set my eyes on each turn what to convert to my ally, gives the feeling of looting the enemy.

-It's a bit hard to distinguish allies from enemies if I set my hp value in numbers. Putting the settings to HP bars makes differentiating allies from enemies a lot easier, because the hp bars are colored red for enemies and blue for allies.
Might be nice if the hp numbers for enemies and allies are in different colors too?

-For me, the difficulty is too easy even on hard mode (all maps beaten 1st try on hard), but it's probably with my Advance wars and Wargroove experience. I don't mind the difficulty too much as it's still enjoyable to play (a harder difficulty is probably something to look at after finishing this game?). If you ever add an even harder difficulty on the previous maps, I gonna replay them again to challenge myself.

- Linked to the previous problem that the enemy ai is very poor, but it is probably fine since they usually start with a bigger advantage compared to you in hard mode.

-Unit balance seems mostly fine so far, I don't know how much the Paladin's are worth as you can't buy them yourself, but from the other units, they seem mostly fine in their roles.

Villagers: cheap meatshields to protect your more valuable units, can also capture cities and sometimes poke enemies when that is needed or the enemy is low on hp.
Scout: high movement and good dmg and matchup vs anything but Paladins. Pretty affordable cost, all these traits makes them the most spammable unit for me, they kinda serve as the tank for Advance Wars in versatility
Archers: very deady even against Paladins if they get a chance to shoot at them, highly recommended when playing defensively as they can't move and fire and need to be defended by other units. One of the best answer against enemy early paladins rushing you in hard mode
Pikemen: seems kinda like glass cannons as they can hit very hard, but don't take it well in return. Kinda similar role to archers that they are better on defense due to their poor movement and you probably wanna use Villagers as meatshields to protect them from enemy scout/paladin attacks as it's a bad matchup if they get hit first.

-Are there any thoughts about options to healing units? Unless I'm missing something, doesn't seem like you can do that right now. I don't mind if it's like this as it gives me more reason to preserve my important units hp.
I used my weakend units to chip enemies into killing range to keep important units at full hp units when they land the killing blow and then eventually send the low hp units to their deaths as their best purpose seems to be death fodder if they can't be healed. I quickly found out how punishing it is to not have a full hp Fionne in the early game to consistently land killing blows against enemy scouts from near full hp as it eats into her dmg each time if you don't preserve her hp.
-Yeah the abuse with the save/load isn't fixed in this version, I had much more important bug to fix and still had to sztay up all night to release on time ^^". That being said, I think it's totaly fine, I mean I'll fix it eventualy, but not super high on priority list.

-Thank you for your report about dark gift, you only need to use it one time to complete the map so I didn't realize I broke it.
Long story short I had to completely rework the whole code around brainwashing because SRPG has a huge flaws that prevent me repeat event on spawned units, so it's not surprising that I made a mistake considering the amount of internal changes I had to make. I'll to fix it ASAP.

-Yeah I really like the idea of brainwash during fight, I was inspired by corrupting revenge which has a cool concept, except a couple things I'm not found of :
-The fact that there are kind of copy pasted brainwashing scene for every single enemy make it not as fun, I just end up skip them, this is why you don't have them in my gamein fight except when I have a custom not reused scene to show.
-The gameplay is really slow imo, that being said I'm not sure I did that much better in my game, I try to get player able to complete most mission kinda fast if they're doing it in optimal way, but maybe beginners feels like they have to wait too long to gather an army big enough to win. That's one of the reason for the easy mode.

That being said if you liked my game you should still take a look at it, it's more fire emblem than advance war but it's fun(that being said I think it's abandoned so you might never see the end).

-Well gauge have diferent color, even with number ON at least on my end so IDK.

-Well I think the game isn't that easy on hard mode, at least for most player. I may add a harder mode later, but I fear that it might end up being like some of advance war harder mode I've seen on youtube (unfortunately never got to play the game myself yet) in which you have to use exploit to complete maps.

-I like the game balance, you can recruit knight in the last mission if you control the army (yes by the time you have it the mission is basically over but oh well it's just a way to justify the fact that they're unlocked). I'd say that for now knight are overpowed a bit compared to their price but I think they kinda have to be. I may make a multiplayer mode later and the thing is, if you don't have some of the high mobility unit being stronger than other, you'll probably end up with some kind of pikeman/archer spam, and it'll end up in a super stally not fun match everytime. Knight are a bit like tank in advance war, they're stronger but they have to be for the sake of the game being fun. That being said what I intend to do is having late game unit stronger than advance war's heavy units so we see less spam of a single unit that in advance war.

-Yeah,there will be healing unit. Idealy, I'd like to make 3 campaign of this game if I manage to stabilize the income before I ran out of money and every faction will have a unique gimmick. The human gimmick will be that they're the only faction with a healing unit, that use mana to heal.

Last edited:

Trickyboo

Jul 21, 2023
-Well gauge have diferent color, even with number ON at least on my end so IDK.

Shadow over Meridia hp number.png
Setting hp in numbes, the Gauge color is only different to indicate lower hp, but I can't easily distinguish these enemy soldiers from my own at a first glance for example.

Compared to setting it to hp bar
1698761402634.png
Now I can easily tell friend from foe because the hp bars are always blue for me and red for enemies.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Oh I see, I never really used that and the only test I did was with a single injured Enemy so I didn't know.
Well this is some SRPG shenanigan, ofc I could fix it, everything can be fixed, but it's a lot of work so I'm not sure I'll do it any time soon.

Trickyboo

Jul 21, 2023
-Well I think the game isn't that easy on hard mode, at least for most player. I may add a harder mode later, but I fear that it might end up being like some of advance war harder mode I've seen on youtube (unfortunately never got to play the game myself yet) in which you have to use exploit to complete maps.
The last chapter on hard mode for example, only 1 Knight and scout rush towards you at a time when you also got your own Knight and a base to build additional reinforcements. I brainwash the knight and kill the scout, then the next turn I have to deal with another knight and scout and with the extra help of my own knight, I can easily capture the 2nd knight and then it completely snowballs from there taking all their knights 1 at a time.

It doesn't need to be as difficult as the Advance Wars hardest maps (they are usually too unfairly difficult), but it seems too easy if they only send 1 knight + flunky at a time that basically is asking to be brainwashed, if they threaten you at 2 directions/send multiple threats at once like the defend map from earlier (Which might be the hardest map so far as you can't brainwash), it forces you to think more how to respond against them all instead of sending 1 single threat that is easily dealt with.

But the difficulty is not an issue, the game is still enjoyable and a harder difficulty is something to look at when the main game is finished probably? It would be a bigger problem if the lowest difficulty was too difficult to beat.
It's just permission that you can be a bit harder on me for the highest difficulty this game has to offer so far. (Only the defend map gave me a bit of trouble) although I don't know if anyone else with Advance Wars/Wargroove experience feel the same way.

Dual strike had a weird issue where hard mode was easier than normal mode, because the perks you gain outweight the additional advantage the enemy gained from normal mode.
This game kinda has a similar problem on hard mode when if the enemy just send 1 knight without enough additional threats, they basically donating that knight to us with brainwashing.

Trickyboo

Jul 21, 2023
Oh I see, I never really used that and the only test I did was with a single injured Enemy so I didn't know.
Well this is some SRPG shenanigan, ofc I could fix it, everything can be fixed, but it's a lot of work so I'm not sure I'll do it any time soon.
It's just QoL stuff to look at in the future, I just set it to hp bar for now, that works for me.

Reactions: GratuitousLove

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
The last chapter on hard mode for example, only 1 Knight and scout rush towards you at a time when you also got your own Knight and a base to build additional reinforcements. I brainwash the knight and kill the scout, then the next turn I have to deal with another knight and scout and with the extra help of my own knight, I can easily capture the 2nd knight and then it completely snowballs from there taking all their knights 1 at a time.

It doesn't need to be as difficult as the Advance Wars hardest maps (they are usually too unfairly difficult), but it seems too easy if they only send 1 knight + flunky at a time that basically is asking to be brainwashed, if they threaten you at 2 directions/send multiple threats at once like the defend map from earlier (Which might be the hardest map so far as you can't brainwash), it forces you to think more how to respond against them all instead of sending 1 single threat that is easily dealt with.

But the difficulty is not an issue, the game is still enjoyable and a harder difficulty is something to look at when the main game is finished probably? It would be a bigger problem if the lowest difficulty was too difficult to beat.
It's just permission that you can be a bit harder on me for the highest difficulty this game has to offer so far. (Only the defend map gave me a bit of trouble) although I don't know if anyone else with Advance Wars/Wargroove experience feel the same way.

Dual strike had a weird issue where hard mode was easier than normal mode, because the perks you gain outweight the additional advantage the enemy gained from normal mode.
This game kinda has a similar problem on hard mode when if the enemy just send 1 knight without enough additional threats, they basically donating that knight to us with brainwashing.
TBH, I've spent such a HUUUUGE amount of time fighting SRPG and its buggy event mechanics that I didn't spend as much time as I should in the level design of the last mission, the good news is I shouldn't have to tamper with it anymore. The hard mode isn't really hard yes, I should maybe make it a bit harder, but also this mission isn't the funniest, I should redo the map, probably reduce its size so you spend less time moving unit around it and rebalance everything accordingly. I'll probably rework it at some point.
I MAY make an harder difficulty later in the future but that's unlikely, because my time is limited and there are more important things to do.
First, no matter what, I want to complete the first campaign before I run out of money. No matter what I do I want this game to have an ending, and not end up " abandoned". I like the story I've written for this game and I want to atleast reach a satisfaying ending no matter what.
Second I'll realistically be able to get all the other planned route for the first campaign.
Then I'll either work on the second faction/campaign or the online multiplayer before I try to make a challenging difficulty.

I think it's perfectly fine for a game to "lack challenge", I like hard games, but I'd rather have a completed easy game that one that stop before the story end.

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes