4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Playing from the start got to the scene of converting Brigite the frost mage ... and a popup keeps apearing saying : "Failed to play audio 88780096" anyone else had this issue and was able to solve it outside of just closing the pop up a thousand times?
I have a feeling this may just be a broken audio file from a corrupted download, and may be fixed simply by redownloading the game. Maybe the dev can tell you if the song in question plays anywhere else in the game, and you can check if the same glitch happens there.

Reactions: GratuitousLove

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
I have a feeling this may just be a broken audio file from a corrupted download, and may be fixed simply by redownloading the game. Maybe the dev can tell you if the song in question plays anywhere else in the game, and you can check if the same glitch happens there.
I can't remember where else it is used, if no one else has the problem maybe it's corrupted file. I sent them another bersion of the game in which I tried to change the extention of another audio file that play later in the same event cause maybe the game is trying to preload it but honestly as I said, there shouldn't be any problem to begin with.

Haamster

Jul 11, 2020
Oh hell yeah a LezDom MC game! One question; is the AI art meant to be a long term thing or just a placeholder for now?

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Oh hell yeah a LezDom MC game! One question; is the AI art meant to be a long term thing or just a placeholder for now?
Well hard to tell.
Idealy I'd replace it, but I realize that a niche kind of game (advance war like) being hentai making it even more niche might not bring enough money to replace it.
If I get enough wishlist and find a an artist that can do the job I'll try to make it happens but I'll be honest that is unlikely.

If it helps I spends lots of time improving the illustration manualy and while I wasn't that good especialy with the first ones I improve over time. That being said it's hard to get consistent art with AI even with manual input.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Idealy I'd replace it, but I realize that a niche kind of game (advance war like) being hentai making it even more niche might not bring enough money to replace it.
Interestingly, while it definitely does still count as niche, there's actually a fair amount of brainwashing/corruption games out there made with SRPG Studio, likely due to how the fetish lends itself to the sort of game where you "recruit" characters into your harem army. That's what made me suggest the engine when I saw that you were developing a game in the same genre.

Of course, most of those other games don't make enough money to pay for an artist, either. Most of them use either 2D "paper doll" programs or 3D character creator programs.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Interestingly, while it definitely does still count as niche, there's actually a fair amount of brainwashing/corruption games out there made with SRPG Studio, likely due to how the fetish lends itself to the sort of game where you "recruit" characters into your harem army. That's what made me suggest the engine when I saw that you were developing a game in the same genre.

Of course, most of those other games don't make enough money to pay for an artist, either. Most of them use either 2D "paper doll" programs or 3D character creator programs.
Yeah but most of them make fire emblem not advance war.
And there are 2 consequences :
Fire emblem has a larger comunity especialy in mind control game.
SRPG is literaly made for fire emble so they don't have to spend nearly as much time struggling to get the engide do what they want which mean they have more time for content.
Even then I'm pretty sure their earning aren't nearly as good as visual novel or even some rpg maker games.

Edit : don't get me wrong I'm happy you told me to go SRPG, it was still much faster than having to do all the 2d animation and an engine myself, but it's just the genre that I think isn't viable financialy.
Oh well it's fine, I learned a lot, have lots of fun, and my next game will be better thank to my experiences gathered.

Reactions: MindController

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
ShadowOverMeridia-0.8
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
Want to join the team? Read more here!

franckus

Sep 17, 2019
I'm encountering a rather annoying bug
when I attack a unit with chloe and its effect is active if I try to kill the unit with the effect to convert it with another unit I can't do it instead it puts the unit with the effect at 1hp and it can no longer be killed before the effect wears off

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
I'm encountering a rather annoying bug
when I attack a unit with chloe and its effect is active if I try to kill the unit with the effect to convert it with another unit I can't do it instead it puts the unit with the effect at 1hp and it can no longer be killed before the effect wears off
Yep there is a bug with the last patron version of SoM, it's almost solved on my end and the next update will fix it (I'll post it on my patreon around the 15th).
I'm not sure when it will be available for the public because I'd like the next public version I post to be the steam demo of the game, and I need to polish the game a bit more before that and wait for steam to accept the game, but it'll end up here eventualy.

gregg12

Feb 7, 2023
I have the same bug, so it's in the public version here too. as soon as chloe can use the shadow burst I can't finnish any quest, because enemies under her effect are stuck with 1 HP (at that point nobody does damage anymore) and the quest can't be done because the enemies are still there. only if I don't attack anyone with her and therefore don't trigger this glitch, I can kill the enemies with other caracters and move on.
I installed the game again and started new, but the bug stayes.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
I see, which version do you have? The last public version is 0.6a and I think it wasn't bugged.
The bug in patrons version might have been for a couple update, since I've been in the process of reworking brainwashing, I probably broke something in the earlier chapters and my patrons are mostly playing the new chapter rather then replaying the old one so they only noticed me last update.

The game will be fixed next update, if you want the link for the last public version in the meantime it's .
edit : I ask that because someone uploaded a patron version here.

Last edited:

gregg12

Feb 7, 2023
I just downloaded it from here on page 1. So as it says: Version 0.8
I guess thats your patreon version then. I'll try your link with v0.6
Thanks for the link and the quick response!

Edit: It works with v0.6!

Last edited:
Reactions: GratuitousLove
May 30, 2023
Is somebody able to explain how the unit conversion mechanic is supposed to work?

As far as I can tell, a unit hit by the main character gets a status effect, and then you're supposed to kill them with that effect, but you can't because they become immune to damage until it wears off. Then, even after you hit them with it again, if they die they don't get the effect and just die normally.

I somehow converted one unit, but haven't been able to work out why it worked one time but no others. I'm extremely confused (Chapter 3).

Edit: Ok apparently you're all talking about the same thing. Maddening.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Is somebody able to explain how the unit conversion mechanic is supposed to work?

As far as I can tell, a unit hit by the main character gets a status effect, and then you're supposed to kill them with that effect, but you can't because they become immune to damage until it wears off. Then, even after you hit them with it again, if they die they don't get the effect and just die normally.

I somehow converted one unit, but haven't been able to work out why it worked one time but no others. I'm extremely confused (Chapter 3).

Edit: Ok apparently you're all talking about the same thing. Maddening.
Yeah sorry someone posted my latest patron version here and it has a bug that prevent conversion. (at least in earlier chapters, and since my patrons usualy play the last released chapter no one reported me the bug until recently)
Tomorrow I'll post the next update on my patreon with the bug fixed for my patrons.
If you don't want to wait or can't afford to support me, you can play the last until it is fixed.

If I understand F95 rules, I'm not supposed to remove game version that has been uploaded here even if I didn't want them out so I'm not sure I'm allowed to remove this bugged version. I edited the OP so people are less likely to play the bugged version, but I guess some people will miss it.

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes