Ren'Py Shag the Hag 2 (Game Development Thread)

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
I think I spotted references to Tinkerbell in both Penny Conspiracy and Shag the Hag (or maybe you just said "fairies" and my brain heard Tinkerbell...). Any chance "a fairy in a green dress that is certainly NOT Disney's Tinkerbell" will be added to this list of characters? Don't hate me, but in addition to various hentai I actually enjoyed the movie Hook, so I can appreciate both the "Wow, you can change size?!" reveal and the "Oh, we'll make it fit..." versions of fairy fun. To be frank, I find the "here, let me climb you like a tree until you finish" version slightly underwhelming. But hey, fairy tail is fairy tail!

I just finished Shag the Hag today, and I will swing by your Patreon to thank you monetarily for at least a month or two. I really like your art and your sense of humor. I had a couple of notes, but I don't want to view too off-topic here, so I'll probably just message you on Patreon in a day or two.

P.S.: I'm sorting of hoping that "Jogging werewolf" is the same jogger from StH1. She feels like unfinished business.

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
I think I spotted references to Tinkerbell in both Penny Conspiracy and Shag the Hag (or maybe you just said "fairies" and my brain heard Tinkerbell...). Any chance "a fairy in a green dress that is certainly NOT Disney's Tinkerbell" will be added to this list of characters? Don't hate me, but in addition to various hentai I actually enjoyed the movie Hook, so I can appreciate both the "Wow, you can change size?!" reveal and the "Oh, we'll make it fit..." versions of fairy fun. To be frank, I find the "here, let me climb you like a tree until you finish" version slightly underwhelming. But hey, fairy tail is fairy tail!

I just finished Shag the Hag today, and I will swing by your Patreon to thank you monetarily for at least a month or two. I really like your art and your sense of humor. I had a couple of notes, but I don't want to view too off-topic here, so I'll probably just message you on Patreon in a day or two.

P.S.: I'm sorting of hoping that "Jogging werewolf" is the same jogger from StH1. She feels like unfinished business.
:) Thanks!

I admit to a thing for fairies and haven't yet included them for the logistical reason you mention... However, I am sort of making two of the elf characters look more fairy-ish (impish?).

The jogger is a different model. I would have used the same model, but she was a fairly stock Daz model and also her hair etc wasn't really good for using as a major character, so I've altered her to give her more story.

I think her story will make up for visual changes. ;)

Reactions: Guyin Cognito

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Some words from dev:

shag the hag 2 character intro: cassia "caz" mcfadden

An intro to Cassia "Caz" McFadden, your naughty ghost roomie!

shag the hag 2 character intro: melantha "mel" crowley

You're not the only one coming to the woods.

Reactions: L8ERALgames

mr__person__

Jan 18, 2020
The first game was great, I can't wait for the sequel. Good luck on development my man. Hopefully there are more "monster" esque monster-girls, instead of people you'd see at a halloween party. But judging by the commitment to the first game's title Shag the 'Hag' I have no doubts!

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1600002853827.png

Looking darksiders and stuff ... good ol” indy going into the occult spell bound by his mistresses of the unexplained!

1600002806182.png
Kame .. Hame ..HAAAAAAA!!!!

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Looking darksiders and stuff ... good ol” indy going into the occult spell bound by his mistresses of the unexplained!

Kame .. Hame ..HAAAAAAA!!!!
:D I may or may not be a fan of darksiders imagery. also ravenloft. i just like that kind of pseudo-horror/fantasy style.

this has been a really fiddly GUI to create and it's driving me nuts injecting it into the game, but when it's done it'll look fucking glorious.

i haven't even done the inventory yet... need a place to put those fishies!

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
1600522037163.png

the spellbook's spells are now functional in the game. greyed-out spells are inactive and haven't been learned yet. when highlighting the spell as above, a tooltip appears on the left page to describe the spell and its spell costs.

this is one of the earliest spells you will gain and will allow for players to "root" (not necessarily in the australian sense), their enemies to allow either a clean getaway or prevent taking physical damage when at range during combat.

spells may also come in handy during some quests where the spell may be a requirement.

I have also added a movie on youtube showing off the first "simple" background test. I want to use animated backgrounds instead of static backgrounds for when characters are in conversation. I am currently also rendering a movie version (.avi) to see if it's better looking, but may alternate between simple image transactions and .avi backgrounds depending on the size of the movies and the location.

I'm expecting to add sound effects for the backgrounds to include thunder/rain sounds when there is a storm such as the one in the video (the game has an extensive weather system).

Lastly, I've updated the inventory screen and expect to inject that into the game today. :p

1600522582706.png

Donor
Apr 11, 2020
Awesome to see that the sequal is already in the making! The first game was an absolute gem and quite frankly deserves even more attention than it already got!

PS:
Any chance a your lowest Patreon tier will ever make a comeback? Kinda iffy on the money site atm tbh, but i still would love to support you. Otherwise i might just have to hold off until the economic side of the Corona situation stabilizes.